Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Help interpreting (very low) hormone test results!

I would really appreciate it if I could get some help understanding my saliva hormone test results from ZRT, and maybe how to go about correcting my levels using herbs, based on the results ... or just what they mean for me now with respect to any herbal NBE. I tested what looks to be veeery low compared to their normal ranges for both estradiol and progesterone, but I'm not sure how much I should be adjusting the "normal range" for those results since I've been having short cycles lately.

Estradiol: 0.5 pg/mL (Luteal range: 1.3-3.3)
Progesterone: 31 pg/mL (Luteal range: 75-270)
Ratio: Pg/E2: 62 (Optimal: 100-500 when E2 1.3-3.3 pg/mL)
Testosterone: 35 pg/mL (16-55, age dependent)
DHEAS: 7.4 (2-23, age dependent)
Cortisol: 7.2 (3.7-9.5, morning)

A little background info: I'm 18 years old, no birth control or anything. I had my first period almost 6 years ago (boobs barely ever developed to begin with, and pretty much stopped around that same time I first got my period). For the past few months when I started really keeping track, my cycles have lasted around 24-30 days. But ... I've had 17/18-day cycles for my past 3. I collected my sample for the test the morning of Day 16, and got my period 2 days later on Day 18. So I'm guessing it's normal that I'm lower than the normal range since estrogen/progesterone both drop midway through luteal phase and I collected my sample more than halfway through my luteal phase. (The lab tells patients to test around day 19-21, where levels are expected to peak). Or do the luteal ranges they give actually consider the entire luteal phase, not just the peak phase? Are my levels really that low that they're below even the usual minimum during luteal?

Thank you!

(19-03-2014, 01:51 AM)Carrera Wrote:  I would really appreciate it if I could get some help understanding my saliva hormone test results from ZRT, and maybe how to go about correcting my levels using herbs, based on the results ... or just what they mean for me now with respect to any herbal NBE. I tested what looks to be veeery low compared to their normal ranges for both estradiol and progesterone, but I'm not sure how much I should be adjusting the "normal range" for those results since I've been having short cycles lately.

Estradiol: 0.5 pg/mL (Luteal range: 1.3-3.3)
Progesterone: 31 pg/mL (Luteal range: 75-270)
Ratio: Pg/E2: 62 (Optimal: 100-500 when E2 1.3-3.3 pg/mL)
Testosterone: 35 pg/mL (16-55, age dependent)
DHEAS: 7.4 (2-23, age dependent)
Cortisol: 7.2 (3.7-9.5, morning)

A little background info: I'm 18 years old, no birth control or anything. I had my first period almost 6 years ago (boobs barely ever developed to begin with, and pretty much stopped around that same time I first got my period). For the past few months when I started really keeping track, my cycles have lasted around 24-30 days. But ... I've had 17/18-day cycles for my past 3. I collected my sample for the test the morning of Day 16, and got my period 2 days later on Day 18. So I'm guessing it's normal that I'm lower than the normal range since estrogen/progesterone both drop midway through luteal phase and I collected my sample more than halfway through my luteal phase. (The lab tells patients to test around day 19-21, where levels are expected to peak). Or do the luteal ranges they give actually consider the entire luteal phase, not just the peak phase? Are my levels really that low that they're below even the usual minimum during luteal?

Thank you!

Wow, this is hard because you are not having a regular length cycle consistently, but its seems that you are low in all hormones except for testosterone.
When you tested, it must have been when your hormones were declining since you started your period 2 days later.
I believe still, you need to raise your hormones (what tested low) to balance them out. But you need to choose what will work best for your body. What did you take before to have these short cycles? Were you doing nbe?
I would test my prolactin and thyroid next. I would recommend glandular therapy if doing it by yourself and cant afford and endo.

I would look into strengthening your ovarian function and nourish that pituitary/thyroid/adrenals.

I would consider the following to balance out your hormones:

Maca
Low dose BO
supplemental Progesterone (cream)
superior omega 3
a low dose antiandrogen

You are going to have to study more to ,make your decision, Its just what I would consider if it were me.

(19-03-2014, 02:25 AM)tibetan113 Wrote:  Wow, this is hard because you are not having a regular length cycle consistently, but its seems that you are low in all hormones except for testosterone.
When you tested, it must have been when your hormones were declining since you started your period 2 days later.
I believe still, you need to raise your hormones (what tested low) to balance them out. But you need to choose what will work best for your body. What did you take before to have these short cycles? Were you doing nbe?
I would test my prolactin and thyroid next. I would recommend glandular therapy if doing it by yourself and cant afford and endo.

I would look into strengthening your ovarian function and nourish that pituitary/thyroid/adrenals.

Maca
Low dose BO
superior omega 3
a low dose antiandrogen

You are going to have to study more to ,make your decision, Its just what I would consider if it were me.

Hi tibetan, thanks for your advice. I'll have to read up about testing my prolactin, and maybe save up for the thyroid panel. For now I'll definitely be doing more research on herbs.

And I have actually done 0 herbal/hormone-related NBE so far. I got a suction device recently, but the only thing I've done until now is massage with flax oil. I just take multivitamins + omega 3 occasionally, so nothing that should be messing with my hormones at all, not sure why all of a sudden I started having very consistent short cycles. Does that change your perspective at all?

(19-03-2014, 03:07 AM)Carrera Wrote:  
(19-03-2014, 02:25 AM)tibetan113 Wrote:  Wow, this is hard because you are not having a regular length cycle consistently, but its seems that you are low in all hormones except for testosterone.

Maca
Low dose BO
superior omega 3
a low dose antiandrogen

Hi tibetan, thanks for your advice. I'll have to read up about testing my prolactin, and maybe save up for the thyroid panel. For now I'll definitely be doing more research on herbs.

And I have actually done 0 herbal/hormone-related NBE so far. I got a suction device recently, but the only thing I've done until now is massage with flax oil. I just take multivitamins + omega 3 occasionally, so nothing that should be messing with my hormones at all, not sure why all of a sudden I started having very consistent short cycles. Does that change your perspective at all?

That is just very strange. I wouldnt think the supps would cause them to shorten. I would flax oil is known to be estrogenic. I get hot flashes even with the seeds. So who knows, could it be a topical issue? I would try a test with a topical estrogen for days 6 to 12 and then pc, cycling it (start using it on day 13 to 26 to see if this lengthens it. Just something to try.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon