Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

FAQ-Harmful phytoestrogens-estrogen dominance

Actually bare with me i'm sure there's a PM formula out there that contains DIM out there. I'm confused why they would put that in there to counteract harmful estrogens in a formula that IS strong phytoestrogens... I'l see if I can find it now!
Surely that brand might help you with the cysts maybe or at least be a safer choice to try

http://www.iherb.com/Solgar-Platinum-Edi...=null&ic=2

No dim in this one but folic acid prevents BC but don't have folic acid in other sources as you shouldn't exceed 400mgs per day

http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Answer-Pue...=null&ic=3

Right here you go! Lower dose like you want and supportive vitamens so you don't go out of balance, tell you what Peggy, if I try PM this is the one I will try! And I'd be inclined to try it sooner, DIM is highly regarded to for estro balance

Hi NBE team, DIM speeds up the metabolism of E through excretion, because dim contains cruciferous vegetable extract (like broccoli). Our think of it this way, does broccoli give you gas?

(02-04-2014, 07:00 PM)~Lotus~ Wrote:  Hi NBE team, DIM speeds up the metabolism of E through excretion, because dim contains cruciferous vegetable extract (like broccoli). Our think of it this way, does broccoli give you gas?

Ha ha nicely put :p So you think its counterproductive and better to keep the E in your system in order to get results?

(02-04-2014, 06:36 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Answer-Pue...=null&ic=3

Right here you go! Lower dose like you want and supportive vitamens so you don't go out of balance, tell you what Peggy, if I try PM this is the one I will try! And I'd be inclined to try it sooner, DIM is highly regarded to for estro balance

Ella, I have seen this brand too some time ago, but there are two things why I don't like it:

1) It has PM extract and I read on this forum that PM extract is 7 times stronger than the regular PM root powder/caps. So this would mean that one 100mg capsule equals to 700mg PM root powder. I am not sure if this is correct, but it could be.

2) One capsule contains 500 mcg of Vitamin B12 which is really A LOT.

(02-04-2014, 07:11 PM)peggy Wrote:  
(02-04-2014, 06:36 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Answer-Pue...=null&ic=3

Ella, I have seen this brand too some time ago, but there are two things why I don't like it:

1) It has PM extract and I read on this forum that PM extract is 7 times stronger than the regular PM root powder/caps. So this would mean that one 100mg capsule equals to 700mg PM root powder. I am not sure if this is correct, but it could be.

2) One capsule contains 500 mcg of Vitamin B12 which is really A LOT.

Yikes that is a lot! I did not know about the difference between the root and the extract but duely noted! Im not worried about the b vits though as most of them are excreted out anyway if they aren't required. I wouldn't muck around with the folic acid though. My naturopath said the RDA is set really low, use your discretion of course when it comes to things like vit 3 folic, vit a and selenium :s

(02-04-2014, 07:05 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(02-04-2014, 07:00 PM)~Lotus~ Wrote:  Hi NBE team, DIM speeds up the metabolism of E through excretion, because dim contains cruciferous vegetable extract (like broccoli). Our think of it this way, does broccoli give you gas?

Ha ha nicely put :p So you think its counterproductive and better to keep the E in your system in order to get results?

Basically yes, sorry to put it this way, essentially you'd be excreting faster then you'd get the benefits, making it not so effective. I'm sure it might work for someone, but not sure who'd benefit from it. And btw, I do enjoy broccoli, just not all the time.

(02-04-2014, 07:22 PM)~Lotus~ Wrote:  
(02-04-2014, 07:05 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  

Basically yes, sorry to put it this way, essentially you'd be excreting faster then you'd get the benefits, making it not so effective. I'm sure it might work for someone, but not sure who'd benefit from it. And btw, I do enjoy broccoli, just not all the time.

No I completely get that, I had wondered if Peggy might benefit from smaller doses but also get it out of her system quickly due to the cysts. Either way goodness I'd love to take it but when you have to make considerations like these it makes you wonder if its just "too strong" you know Sad

Gosh I wish liked brocili more cause sulphorphanes are anti cancer too!

I found this article, which says why natural Progesterone is so important for breast growth:

Quote: For the secret of breast development let's go to the beginning of a woman's becoming a woman - puberty. Just before the onset of menstruation a gals hormones begin to churn. Of that hormonal mix, the most important stimulator of breast size is progesterone. Estrogen has little if anything to do with increasing breast fat stores. If estrogen had anything to do with bigger breasts then women on birth control pills would all have large full breasts. (Estrogen though is responsible for fat gain from the belly button down). The body builds up fat in the breasts in response to preparing for pregnancy in order to provide fat for the baby's diet where fat is so important it makes up 32% of breast milk! Increasing the fat stores in the breast is governed by progesterone. When progesterone levels plummet down after childbirth, so does the pregnancy acquired breast size. (The drop in Progesterone is also the MAIN reason for Post Partum Depression). Most gals these days are estrogen dominant, as long term followers of Sherrill know. For the newer readers let me explain why we all (gals and guys) have so much estrogen in our bodies: Chemicals that mimic estrogen are plentiful in our environment, agricultural chemicals, pesticides and fertilizers as well as additives used to fatten up livestock. Soy in its various forms is chock full of estrogen like substances called isoflavones. These days some folks are saying that isoflavones are good for women but they are turning out to have the same cancer sparking effect as the regular estrogen as well as decreasing fertility (1,2).

Progesterone is a wonderful hormone responsible for fertility, bone density, good mood and mental outlook, better muscle to fat ratios, libido (sexual desire), protection against cancer, and a host of other beneficial effects (3). Given today's predominance of estrogen most all women need to balance their lives with natural progesterone. Avoid prescription progesterone, as these are patented synthetics. Since you can't put a patent on something natural the prescription progesterone's are not exactly like a real progesterone molecule in structure. This creates side effects that are not good. Natural progesterone from the Mexican Yam plant is fully progesterone and as such is completely safe and effective. Research has found that breast growth in young women is greatest in the time between her periods when progesterone levels are their highest.

Source: http://www.totalityofbeing.com/Frameless...tShape.htm

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon