Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

FAQ-Harmful phytoestrogens-estrogen dominance

(04-04-2014, 12:39 AM)peggy Wrote:  I found this article, which says why natural Progesterone is so important for breast growth:

Quote: For the secret of breast development let's go to the beginning of a woman's becoming a woman - puberty. Just before the onset of menstruation a gals hormones begin to churn. Of that hormonal mix, the most important stimulator of breast size is progesterone. Estrogen has little if anything to do with increasing breast fat stores. If estrogen had anything to do with bigger breasts then women on birth control pills would all have large full breasts. (Estrogen though is responsible for fat gain from the belly button down). The body builds up fat in the breasts in response to preparing for pregnancy in order to provide fat for the baby's diet where fat is so important it makes up 32% of breast milk! Increasing the fat stores in the breast is governed by progesterone. When progesterone levels plummet down after childbirth, so does the pregnancy acquired breast size. (The drop in Progesterone is also the MAIN reason for Post Partum Depression). Most gals these days are estrogen dominant, as long term followers of Sherrill know. For the newer readers let me explain why we all (gals and guys) have so much estrogen in our bodies: Chemicals that mimic estrogen are plentiful in our environment, agricultural chemicals, pesticides and fertilizers as well as additives used to fatten up livestock. Soy in its various forms is chock full of estrogen like substances called isoflavones. These days some folks are saying that isoflavones are good for women but they are turning out to have the same cancer sparking effect as the regular estrogen as well as decreasing fertility (1,2).

Progesterone is a wonderful hormone responsible for fertility, bone density, good mood and mental outlook, better muscle to fat ratios, libido (sexual desire), protection against cancer, and a host of other beneficial effects (3). Given today's predominance of estrogen most all women need to balance their lives with natural progesterone. Avoid prescription progesterone, as these are patented synthetics. Since you can't put a patent on something natural the prescription progesterone's are not exactly like a real progesterone molecule in structure. This creates side effects that are not good. Natural progesterone from the Mexican Yam plant is fully progesterone and as such is completely safe and effective. Research has found that breast growth in young women is greatest in the time between her periods when progesterone levels are their highest.

Source: http://www.totalityofbeing.com/Frameless...tShape.htm

That's a really interesting read Peggy, got my little mind turning over...

(04-04-2014, 12:39 AM)peggy Wrote:  I found this article, which says why natural Progesterone is so important for breast growth:

Quote: For the secret of breast development let's go to the beginning of a woman's becoming a woman - puberty. Just before the onset of menstruation a gals hormones begin to churn. Of that hormonal mix, the most important stimulator of breast size is progesterone. Estrogen has little if anything to do with increasing breast fat stores. If estrogen had anything to do with bigger breasts then women on birth control pills would all have large full breasts. (Estrogen though is responsible for fat gain from the belly button down). The body builds up fat in the breasts in response to preparing for pregnancy in order to provide fat for the baby's diet where fat is so important it makes up 32% of breast milk! Increasing the fat stores in the breast is governed by progesterone. When progesterone levels plummet down after childbirth, so does the pregnancy acquired breast size. (The drop in Progesterone is also the MAIN reason for Post Partum Depression). Most gals these days are estrogen dominant, as long term followers of Sherrill know. For the newer readers let me explain why we all (gals and guys) have so much estrogen in our bodies: Chemicals that mimic estrogen are plentiful in our environment, agricultural chemicals, pesticides and fertilizers as well as additives used to fatten up livestock. Soy in its various forms is chock full of estrogen like substances called isoflavones. These days some folks are saying that isoflavones are good for women but they are turning out to have the same cancer sparking effect as the regular estrogen as well as decreasing fertility (1,2).

Progesterone is a wonderful hormone responsible for fertility, bone density, good mood and mental outlook, better muscle to fat ratios, libido (sexual desire), protection against cancer, and a host of other beneficial effects (3). Given today's predominance of estrogen most all women need to balance their lives with natural progesterone. Avoid prescription progesterone, as these are patented synthetics. Since you can't put a patent on something natural the prescription progesterone's are not exactly like a real progesterone molecule in structure. This creates side effects that are not good. Natural progesterone from the Mexican Yam plant is fully progesterone and as such is completely safe and effective. Research has found that breast growth in young women is greatest in the time between her periods when progesterone levels are their highest.

And not only that my boobs are always bigger between periods!! Ie right now I feel soo small. Does it mean dosing up on phyto estrogen is wasted exercise.. I guess a good advantage to phytos is that they potentially take up the space instead of xeno estrogens...

(04-04-2014, 05:49 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  And not only that my boobs are always bigger between periods!! Ie right now I feel soo small.

I experience the same thing every month. Dodgy

(04-04-2014, 05:49 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Does it mean dosing up on phyto estrogen is wasted exercise..

Not sure. Huh

(04-04-2014, 05:49 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  I guess a good advantage to phytos is that they potentially take up the space instead of xeno estrogens...

Yes that's right. Smile

can I drink soy milk while taking NBE or not?

(04-04-2014, 05:42 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  

That's a really interesting read Peggy, got my little mind turning over...

Wait so I have a question then! Does that mean as soon as we stop taking progesterone cream or wild yam (I'm doing both), that our boobs are going to shrink right back down again? That's exactly what they did after pregnancy Sad I don't want to have to be putting progesterone cream on twice a day every day for the rest of my life..I will if I have to but man, this is discouraging Sad

(30-08-2014, 02:47 AM)transgender newbie Wrote:  can I drink soy milk while taking NBE or not?

I don't see why not. And some of my best growth has been after drinking soy.

(01-04-2014, 02:57 PM)peggy Wrote:  
Quote:Plant-based or Phytoestrogens

Plant estrogens, are rich in hormone-modulating factors called phytoestrogens, many of which can actually help reduce harmful estrogen activity in the body, particularly related to reducing the growth and spread of cancer cells. However, there is emerging evidence that some phytoestrogens may, in fact, do the opposite, and cause negative effects similar to estrogenic chemicals — causing cancer and promoting their growth.

Harmful phytoestrogens

* Soy. Soy is the most estrogenic plant found in nature and promotes estrogenic activity that harms the body as much as synthetic xenoestrogens. The body recognizes the highly bioactive form of soy isoflavones (phytoestrogens) as harmful toxins that need to be neutralized and eliminated. Soy should be considered a drug given the way it disrupts your hormones. It actually suppresses progesterone concentrations in the body. Soy is heavily promoted to relieve menopausal symptoms (which are really estrogen dominant symptoms). It is now known that these vegetables work by competitively occupying the estrogen receptor sites on the cell membrane to prevent internal estrogen from exerting its effects on the cell. Those who have estrogen dominance may therefore experience relief of symptoms as phytoestrogens are many times weaker than the estrogen in our body. While phytoestrogens may relieve symptoms, you still do not rid your body of excess estrogen, the cause of your symptoms. It is far more beneficial to rid the estrogen from the receptor sites and replace them with progesterone. NEVER take soy isoflavones or soy as a supplement. For more info about soy, read my blog The Hidden Dangers of Soy. Fermented forms of soy like natto, soy sauce, tempeh, and miso do not have the same estrogenic properties and are ok to eat. Beware positive articles on soy. Most studies on soy are sponsored by grants from soy producers. This is why it is difficult to find negative information on soy. Soy is a cheap commodity that generates multibillion-dollar profits to soy manufacturers worldwide. Don’t fall prey to the hype.

* The most potent estrogenic plants, besides soy, are licorice and red clover. Avoid them. They both show potent progesterone-inhibiting properties. Studies show that all kinds of licorice are estrogenic. Cows fed red clover become infertile.

* No sunflower oil, safflower oil, cottonseed oil, or canola oil. These are all estrogenic. Use olive oil instead.

* Avoid hops (beer). It is very likely that the typical beer belly may be related to excess estrogenic activity in the body due to binge drinking. Alcohol also affects the liver’s ability to metabolize excess estrogen, so it builds up in the body.

* Similarly, avoid dong quai, damiana, verbena, and motherwort.

* Avoid black cohosh. It is used for relief of menopausal symptoms, but there are many reports of its cancer-promoting effects and liver-damaging effects after long-term use.

* Avoid tea tree oil. The NIH has found that tea tree products have estrogenic effects that stimulate growth of estrogen-sensitive breast cancer cells. Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts) in men and boys can be caused by the use of products containing tea tree oil.

Source: http://www.liveto110.com/estrogen-dominance-syndrome/

Thanks Peggy, I'm glad I read this.

Your pm box is full Sad given what we were pm'ng about im letting you know here Smile

After reading through the reviews on dim plus by natures way which I see is where you got your testimonials I understand the dosage is fairly low. At the risk of lowering estrogen too low we could always supplement with weak phytoestrogens to offset any potential reduction of our own .. that and it might not have such an effect on our thyroid..

Ps as my blood test had my oestradiol in mid range do you think I'd still need to supplement with dim? Or because I never had the other two estrogens checked that my oestradiol might still be higher than the other two so it would be good to metabolize them all with dim...

That's a good question. I think if you have painful breasts in luteal then you need either Vitex or DIM since painful breasts are a symptom for too much bad estrogen in my opinion.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon