Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Leg Pains? Shortness of Breath?

I started experiencing pain in my right arm ever since I started PM this cycle so for the past 4 days. I'm guessing blood thickening? I also have a deficiency in vitamin D so I'm guessing it's also the main reason. I'm not experiencing any other symptoms of the ones you guys mentioned.
I'm also taking one osteocare pill a day, it contains:
Calcium 400 mg
Magnesium 150 mg
Zinc 5 mg
Vitamin D (as D3 400 IU) 5 µg

Maybe I should up my dose to 2 pills as recommended? When I was taking 2 pills last cycle with PM, I don't remember experiencing this pain.

I'm sorry for the late response. I had the tingling arms/fingers every so often on PM as well. The only pain I noticed was in my legs though, and that was rare too. Ah well, everyone's different!

400 IU of vitamin D seems really low if you are deficient in it.
I'm taking 5000IU daily as per my doctor's recommendation. He said I'd have to take it for the rest of my life. Sad

So yeah, you could either take two of the osteocare or get a stronger D3 supplement. Just be sure to monitor Vit D levels. Too much is bad as well.

Good luck!

I don't know if this is relevant to any of your cases, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to point out that estradiol (And possibly other estrogens - that was just the only form they tested.) increases the sensitivity and quantity of the TRPV1 receptor. It used to be called VR-1 or the capsaicin receptor. This receptor senses capsaicin, dust, and other irritants and causes bronchoconstriction in asthma and chemical sensitivity. Testosterone, DHEA, and somatostatin desensitize the receptor, while progesterone is neutral.

My own sensitivities are to mold VOCs and dust, and my symptoms are muscle tension/tension headache/anxiety (depends on exposure level), 10 pounds water retention (weight is stable, but socks squish dents into my legs only during the summer), and asthma (when in southeastern states). I can confirm that DHEA desensitizes something in me: almost certainly TRPA1, since that receptor can be triggered by mold VOCs (presumed to be disulfides and/or dialdehydes) and I don't think TRPV1 can. TRPA1 can also be activated by dust so my dust sensitivity cannot prove a partial role for TRPV1. I haven't tried deliberately elevating estrogen to see if that would make things worse. My estradiol has ranged from 23 pg/ml (taking Arimidex) to 38 (baseline) up to 55 (taking a bodybuilding supplement "aromatase inhibitor") with no noticeable effects.

Before I got sensitized by mold, the only time I got asthma was when I overdosed on calcium. I was playing with 2(?) gram doses of calcium pyruvate and didn't think the calcium would be a big deal. I was also probably getting almost 1000 mg from food and 1000 mg more from a calcium supplement, so we're talking about a disgusting excess of calcium. With a family history of prostate cancer, I should have been treating 1000 mg as my upper limit...

be aware of deep vein thrombosis ( blood clots).

Yes, definitely. I've always taken 81 mg aspirin for cancer prevention, so I figure that covers this base too.

(22-08-2014, 11:59 PM)Candace Wrote:  I don't know if this is relevant to any of your cases, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to point out that estradiol (And possibly other estrogens - that was just the only form they tested.) increases the sensitivity and quantity of the TRPV1 receptor. It used to be called VR-1 or the capsaicin receptor. This receptor senses capsaicin,

i suppose my sensors are working fine, cause when i eat a hot pepper i feel the burn (capsaicin)!!TongueBig Grin

Another cool phenomenon is that when you massively set off TRPV1 with capsaicin burning the mouth or the nostril, somatostatin is released into your entire body and these TRP receptors get temporarily desensitized. I think the term is called "counterirritation". It doesn't work for me anymore, so perhaps the short-term relief led to longer-term sensitization.

Hello everyone, my name is Deanna. I used to take PM but had to stop due to the symptoms I have read about in this thread. I usually just read and never respond (this is my first response). I felt this was something I needed to share my experience about. I had been taking PM (1000mg/ day) for about a year when I first noticed the shortness of breath. I eventually ended up in the hospital and was treated for "anxiety". I get through this and start back on PM things seemed to be going well. Then about 5 months in I begin to have foot pain. Off to the foot doctor I go. I get to point where I can manage the pain but it never went away. About 2 months later I notice pain in my leg. Are you freak'n kidding me! Very mild pain and some swilling. Again this is chalked up to walking on concrete all day. About a month later I come home from work and my calf is as large as my thigh! My wife takes me to the hospital. They discover a blood clot in my leg from my thigh to my ankle! I was put on blood thinners for 6 months and had to have my INR monitored. I told all of this to say. If your having these symptoms go have your INR (International Normalized Ratio) checked. It'a a simple finger prick test in your doctors office. It should be between 2-4.
I wish you all the best in your journeys, Deanna

I had leg pain from pm about 2 weeks after using it, and had numbness too, I stopped right a way, it went away. Later tried FG, SP, RC had good swelling 14 days into it but started to have leg pain, stopped it right a way and it went away. I am a very healthy person and any pain freaks me out I can't and don't want to deal with a pain. I want to have bigger boobs but nothing worth risking my health. So if anyone out there has bad side effects, please don't close your eyes on your pain just stop it!!! Your body won't ache for no reason it is trying to tell you something!
I am going to check my hormones and do things right, I will try one more time before giving up on herbs, if I get bad side effect it will be the last time, it doesn't worth it!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon