Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Gator and game???

Just over a decade ago I was on a music sharing site and stare talking with a fellow Beatle fan in the forums there. It was run by Gator. What nobody knew at the time was that Gator was spyware!! Apparently it was run by some psycho in Texas who proudly called himself a Taxian. This girl an I started talking about very personal stuff there until one day, this Texian, who had been spying on our conversations over the previous weeks started butting into them, private as they were SUPPOSED to be, and scared the shit out of her and threatened us as he had done with others there. I only got to talk to her twice more after that. She was much too scared to continue talking.
I told you that to tell you this: moments ago, I was here at BN reading a new thread and was just about to comment on it. I clicked the button to allow me to do so and, suddenly, I got an error page that said this site (I guess it meant this site) is hosted by Gator!!!! I tried to use the "back" button, to get back to the page I was on, but it wouldn't go back!! All I got was the same error page with the mean looking Gator cartoon on it!! I tried to re-open the site in the same window and STILL got the Gator error page!! I had to close the entire window and open a new one to be able to open BN again and make my comment on that thread where I was.
Once I posted that, I went back to the main page to see if anything new had been added or if I had any new PM's. spotting a brand new thread, I opened it and started to read it when, all of a sudden, the page turned into some kind of video game page!!!! I hadn't clicked on ANYTHING!! All I did was move the mouse to the middle of the BN page I was on and the next thing I know I'm on a game page!!!!
WHAT the hell is going on here???? Am I going to have to abandon this site for being hosted by Gator??
Anyway, I just thought all here should know. Maybe Gator just hacked in some how. I don't know. Moderators?? What say you??

I have never seen this page before, and I have been a member of BN since 2009 with different usernames.

I have also never seen any sort of game on this forum as well.

You should run a scan on your computer and see if it's infected with something.

HostGator also hosts major websites for Ekko, Houston Zoo, and Asanti.

I don't think a company who is hosting some top brands in the world would risk snooping or hijacking a website.

I would also like to add that if he was the owner of the website, then it is on him for snooping onto your conversations, not the host. He probably just had some feature set up for his account to where he could read your conversations. Not something I would blame the host for. If the host was indeed a spyware, I doubt it would still be going strong and trusted by major companies.

(24-04-2014, 02:30 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  Just over a decade ago I was on a music sharing site and stare talking with a fellow Beatle fan in the forums there. It was run by Gator. What nobody knew at the time was that Gator was spyware!! Apparently it was run by some psycho in Texas who proudly called himself a Taxian. This girl an I started talking about very personal stuff there until one day, this Texian, who had been spying on our conversations over the previous weeks started butting into them, private as they were SUPPOSED to be, and scared the shit out of her and threatened us as he had done with others there. I only got to talk to her twice more after that. She was much too scared to continue talking.
I told you that to tell you this: moments ago, I was here at BN reading a new thread and was just about to comment on it. I clicked the button to allow me to do so and, suddenly, I got an error page that said this site (I guess it meant this site) is hosted by Gator!!!! I tried to use the "back" button, to get back to the page I was on, but it wouldn't go back!! All I got was the same error page with the mean looking Gator cartoon on it!! I tried to re-open the site in the same window and STILL got the Gator error page!! I had to close the entire window and open a new one to be able to open BN again and make my comment on that thread where I was.
Once I posted that, I went back to the main page to see if anything new had been added or if I had any new PM's. spotting a brand new thread, I opened it and started to read it when, all of a sudden, the page turned into some kind of video game page!!!! I hadn't clicked on ANYTHING!! All I did was move the mouse to the middle of the BN page I was on and the next thing I know I'm on a game page!!!!
WHAT the hell is going on here???? Am I going to have to abandon this site for being hosted by Gator??
Anyway, I just thought all here should know. Maybe Gator just hacked in some how. I don't know. Moderators?? What say you??

Might have to watch what we talk about eh...... eye in the sky and all that...

(24-04-2014, 06:59 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Might have to watch what we talk about eh...... eye in the sky and all that...

You got THAT right, hun!! :-(

(24-04-2014, 07:45 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  
(24-04-2014, 06:59 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Might have to watch what we talk about eh...... eye in the sky and all that...

You got THAT right, hun!! :-(

*deletesallourpms's* ....

(24-04-2014, 05:36 AM)Bette Wrote:  You should run a scan on your computer and see if it's infected with something.

My computer just ran a scan on its own last night and it came out clean.

Same happened to me once (a gator error page), it's just a database error.

As others have said, host gator hosts a ton of sites.

(24-04-2014, 02:30 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  I was here at BN reading a new thread and was just about to comment on it. I clicked the button to allow me to do so and, suddenly, I got an error page that said this site (I guess it meant this site) is hosted by Gator!!!!

I assume the page that was seen was a routine 404 (page not found) error message. That's the only page from HostGator that should ever be seen here, so that must have been what it was.

I'll create a custom 404 page to replace the HostGator one, as that will look a lot more user friendly. However it should be rare that this page is seen - it only happens when a page lookup fails.

A 404 page is meant to show that you tried to reach a page which doesn't exist, but sometimes the page does exist, but for some reason it just wasn't displayed for you when it should have been.

(24-04-2014, 04:15 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  As others have said, host gator hosts a ton of sites.

Yes over 9 million.

In the past 3 minutes, I've seen the Gator page a dozen times!!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon