Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

fenugreek dose

I was rounding. 11,100 mg seeds per tablespoon actually: http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/244?qlookup=fenugreek&fg=&format=&man=&lfacet=&max=25&new=1

Last time I weighed it the powder was around 6,700 mg per tablespoon.

(16-05-2014, 04:01 PM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  I was rounding. 11,100 mg seeds per tablespoon actually: http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/244?qlookup=fenugreek&fg=&format=&man=&lfacet=&max=25&new=1

Last time I weighed it the powder was around 6,700 mg per tablespoon.

Thank you. That chart is very helpful. Wow. I've consuming 22000mg in tea form. Seems high yet I still don't smell like maple syrup:-/

You could soak the seeds in water overnight and then consume them to make sure you get everything. If you make tea then use powder rather than seeds.

More wouldn't hurt; you can consume quite a lot like a food. And while a maple smell is a good indicator it isn't always necessary. Plus you might not be able to smell yourself as well as someone else can smell you.

(17-05-2014, 04:03 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  You could soak the seeds in water overnight and then consume them to make sure you get everything. If you make tea then use powder rather than seeds.

More wouldn't hurt; you can consume quite a lot like a food. And while a maple smell is a good indicator it isn't always necessary. Plus you might not be able to smell yourself as well as someone else can smell you.

One more question. I have seeds and powder. The powder I got from an Indian grocery store. There are still granules in them so it's not all powder. Is that typical of fenugreek powder? Can I just grind the seeds in the coffee grinder to make powder?

(17-05-2014, 05:14 AM)nsas Wrote:  
(17-05-2014, 04:03 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  You could soak the seeds in water overnight and then consume them to make sure you get everything. If you make tea then use powder rather than seeds.

One more question. I have seeds and powder. The powder I got from an Indian grocery store. There are still granules in them so it's not all powder. Is that typical of fenugreek powder? Can I just grind the seeds in the coffee grinder to make powder?
As long as it steeps long enough to soak in and dissolve what's in the middle it should be fine. Ya you can grind the seeds and make tea, but its so easy to soak them that I would just eat them. They get softer.

(17-05-2014, 03:27 PM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  
(17-05-2014, 05:14 AM)nsas Wrote:  

As long as it steeps long enough to soak in and dissolve what's in the middle it should be fine. Ya you can grind the seeds and make tea, but its so easy to soak them that I would just eat them. They get softer.
thank you. i was doing that for awhile. i'd soak them in hot water and drink the water and eat the seeds. but since i'm now drinking bustea, i've just been boiling the seeds with all the other spices and drinking them as tea. i'll probably just go back to eating the seeds. don't want them to go to waste and drink fennel tea with the other spices separately. all i want is a cup size increase in the next couple of months. i think i've been patient enough. started this journey back in jan 2013, so well over a year.

as for the maple syrup smell, when i sweat, i'd smell it and nope, i don't smell like maple syrup. apparently all your bodily fluids are supposed to smell. mine don't. but i am taking 2 teaspoons twice a day either as tea or soaked in water and drinking the water and eating the seeds. sure that's plenty enough, right?

Oh, 2 teaspoons is a lot less than 2 tablespoons, which is 6 teaspoons. A common spoon holds around a teaspoon. If you do use more than soaking seeds overnight is easier on the stomach than a brief cook. Or if you use more powder/granules you may need to strain it out and not consume the powder/granules to avoid stomach issues with too much.

(17-05-2014, 10:13 PM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  Oh, 2 teaspoons is a lot less than 2 tablespoons, which is 6 teaspoons. A common spoon holds around a teaspoon. If you do use more than soaking seeds overnight is easier on the stomach than a brief cook. Or if you use more powder/granules you may need to strain it out and not consume the powder/granules to avoid stomach issues with too much.

I was trying to emulate Ceci's program. She takes 2 tsp twice a day. Also I heard the optimal dose is around 3000mg per day. At 2 tbsp twice a day, I'll be taking 40,000mg per day. I don't think the weight of the seeds translates to the Stengel, does it?

Oh I see twice a day. So that's about 15,000 mg. That might be plenty even if you don't smell maple. But as long as you aren't getting diarrhea or something, more doesn't hurt. When I was tracking results for the fenugreek I took I did notice a nearly linear relationship between testicle enlargement (for testosterone and so on) and amount used. 4,000 => 20,000 mg was about 4 times as fast. And I got more from more above that. For most other herbs this isn't necessarily the case, only FG and a few others. But I wouldn't make sudden drastic changes until you're used to it.

While more is faster, if you've been using 15,000 mg for a while without any effect then you may need to add something else rather than more fenugreek. Maybe an anti-androgen. Maybe you don't have enough progesterone to match your estrogen or vis versa. Maybe you have thyroid issues and need iodine. Etc.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon