Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

10 Interesting Facts About the Female Body

(05-05-2014, 05:46 AM)prettylily Wrote:  
(05-05-2014, 04:56 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  Hmmmmm, one thing I wonder, though; if you save up a bunch of your sperm now, then have SRS including the uterus, could you use your own sperm to get yourself pregnant?? I mean, I'm sure you could, but would it be deformed in some way, like when a brother & sister have a baby together?

You wouldn't be producing your own eggs, so it would just be like a surrogate pregnancy with a separate egg donor.

Okay, but, what about the instance where they're talking about growing your own uterus from your own tissue/stem cells?

(05-05-2014, 08:35 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  
(05-05-2014, 05:46 AM)prettylily Wrote:  
(05-05-2014, 04:56 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  Hmmmmm, one thing I wonder, though; if you save up a bunch of your sperm now, then have SRS including the uterus, could you use your own sperm to get yourself pregnant?? I mean, I'm sure you could, but would it be deformed in some way, like when a brother & sister have a baby together?

You wouldn't be producing your own eggs, so it would just be like a surrogate pregnancy with a separate egg donor.

Okay, but, what about the instance where they're talking about growing your own uterus from your own tissue/stem cells?

It makes no difference. They could, I think, take an egg from a donor female, remove the nucleus, and replace it with the nucleus of one of your own cells, but that's not really a good idea. It would be better to just use a donor egg. Making the uterus from your own tissue is more related to reducing the chances of rejection.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon