Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Birth Control

Hello ladies, just looking for some info about how BC can effect BO/NBE in general. If you can just list what method you are currently using and anything you can contribute. thanks!

I currently don't use birth control but if you do some searching on the old forum, I recall the topic coming up a lot.

I take the pill, ortho tricylen lo, and have had any problem getting results from NBE, I take BO currently and am seeing results.

thanx ladies. I've been doing quite a lot of research on this bc issue...... so much info -- brain fried right now

i was on depo (the shot) when i last did various nbe. with pm, i would still get the ol' monthly, indicating that perhaps the pm was countering the bc! i did have a little spotting when i was on generic bo with depo, but this time with bb i have not had any issues. i stopped depo a few months ago and have yet to get the period back... who knows if the bo will help that or not!

sorry i can't be more specific... i didn't get hormones checked regularly for that, at least not estrogen or progesterone.

The website below tells you, which bcp has the most estrogen (ethinyl) and the most androgenic activity.

http://www.wdxcyber.com/ncontr13.htm
http://contraception.about.com/od/thepil...gapill.htm

This how I figured out BCP wasn't working for me, my brand didn't have too much estrogen in it and was heavy in androgenic department.

Hello,
I'm on both BCP and BO. So far I haven't any problems with it. I've had growth within the first month when I got my period, but I do an extended dose so I don't my period for another 3 months.
I have felt soreness and believe that I had a small growth spurt of 0.2 or so. This is without pumping for the past week... (lack of time due to finals) >.<

Yea, rambling, in summary, no affect for me.
I take a generic version of Yasmin. very minimum dose of ethinyl.

Hey there Smile I wish knowing now that I would have had my hormones tested when I was younger. I was on Depo Provera (the shot) for 4 years and had a bad time with it. Turns out I have very low estrogen. I switched to Seasonique last year and grew half a cup size in 3 weeks! I think you should get your levels tested before starting any NBE becuase the correct balance of androgens, progestin, and estrogen is very important.

Best of luck!Cool

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon