Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

nature's answer pueraria

(05-10-2014, 04:26 AM)iaboy Wrote:  Quote"

HUH?????????? What the H*LL us linganded AR, sounds like what a zombie catches while engaging a hooker. And foci, sounds like a new Italian bread dough.... Sorry, I am not a 5th yr Chemistry major only High School..... LOL sheesh. Could you translate please? Or someone?

Ha, I'm not either, just someone who pays attention, lol.

An androgen receptor (AR), is a type of nuclear receptor, that is activated by the binding of either of the androgenic hormones testosterone or dihydrotestosterone. ER-estrogen receptors are activated by the binding process too, I've spared you of the much more complicated explanation.

A ligand is an ion or molecule that binds to a central metal atom. (Binds to receptors)

Que Sean Connery (thus endth the lesson) j/k, honestly though I was probably stoned through most of the bio-chem classes. Wink

Christine, I did read your post, frankly I'm surprised you'd havent read the thousands of posts inside the BN forum, there you can find, understand and appreciate what's been tried and researched here at BN. (That includes research on reishi, aromatase, WP, etc), and its much much more than 20-30 hours worth of time. Personally, what's not mentioned and missing here is the heavy metals/pesticides in PM. So, as an example, when we talk about skin rashes from PM, it's mostly likely a reaction from arsenic. I understand the frustration, none of this is an exact science, talking about it gets the conversation headed in the right direction though, only I'm not so cynical.

Mol Carcinog. 2012 Mar;51(3):244-56. doi: 10.1002/mc.20774. Epub 2011 Apr 22.
Broccoli-derived phytochemicals indole-3-carbinol and 3,3'-diindolylmethane exerts concentration-dependent pleiotropic effects on prostate cancer cells: comparison with other cancer preventive phytochemicals.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21520295

Cancer Res. 2006 Oct 15;66(20):10064-72.
Down-regulation of androgen receptor by 3,3'-diindolylmethane contributes to inhibition of cell proliferation and induction of apoptosis in both hormone-sensitive LNCaP and insensitive C4-2B prostate cancer cells.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17047070

Mutat Res. 2011 Jul-Oct;728(1-2):47-66. doi: 10.1016/j.mrrev.2011.06.001. Epub 2011 Jun 15.
Attenuation of multi-targeted proliferation-linked signaling by 3,3'-diindolylmethane (DIM): from bench to clinic.
DIM has moved through preclinical development into Phase I clinical trials, thereby suggesting that DIM could be a promising and novel agent either alone or as an adjunct to conventional therapeutics such as chemo-radio and targeted therapies. An important development has been the availability of DIM formulation with superior bioavailability for humans. Therefore, DIM appears to be a promising chemopreventive agent or chemo-radio-sensitizer for the prevention of tumor recurrence and/or for the treatment of human malignancies.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21703360

BMC Cancer. 2014 Jul 21;14:524. doi: 10.1186/1471-2407-14-524.
Low levels of 3,3'-diindolylmethane activate estrogen receptor α and induce proliferation of breast cancer cells in the absence of estradiol.
CONCLUSIONS:
We document an unexpected effect of DIM on cell proliferation, which is to stimulate growth by inducing the ERα signaling pathway. Importantly, this proliferative effect of DIM happens with potentially physiological concentrations that can be provided by the diet or by taking caplet supplements.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25048790

Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2012 Sep 15;263(3):345-51. doi: 10.1016/j.taap.2012.07.007. Epub 2012 Jul 16.
3,3'-Diindolylmethane, but not indole-3-carbinol, inhibits histone deacetylase activity in prostate cancer cells.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22800507

I have always said " I NEVER want to be a half baked so in so, only full baked will do". ROFL. Person after my own heart, I think Lotus is.

Thanks Lovely for the "ligand" I have used Google so much in the last year that I think they might ban my IP for abuse. LOL....

(05-10-2014, 05:14 AM)Lotus Wrote:  An androgen receptor (AR), is a type of nuclear receptor, that is activated by the binding of either of the androgenic hormones testosterone or dihydrotestosterone. ER-estrogen receptors are activated by the binding process too, I've spared you of the much more complicated explanation.

A ligand is an ion or molecule that binds to a central metal atom. (Binds to receptors)

I wasn't sure what ligand was, except it had something to do with a receptor. I just know there are a few words very similar to it. Lotus answered that question. We both answered what AR was. Receptors are proteins on cells that can be activated.

(05-10-2014, 04:28 AM)classy.christine Wrote:  The fact that Ainterol knows its active ingredient content, but declines to provide it is terribly unfortunate.

It's puerarin. It's the active chemical in Kudzu (Pueraria Montana) and Pueraria Mirifica. Both plants are of the same genus and in the bean family. There might have been more active chemicals, that I've seen listed, but Puerarin is the most known one. Pueraria also contains many of the same phytohormones that beans have, but many aren't especially active for NBE.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon