Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

combining teas?

I am currently drinking fenugree tea, spearmint tea, both twice a day. I want to add fennel tea next. That would make 5 tall glasses of tea everyday. Is it possible to just make one pot of tea with all these ingredients and call it a day?

you can combine teas if the combination is right.
Consider:
Not all ingredients from herbs are soluble in water
If you are a lady, different herbs have to be taken at different times of the cycle. At least two different combinations. 1 for luteal, 1 for menstruation. An optional combination to be taken only once during menstruation.
The best way is to test each individually for when it works best, and test if a tea or drinking alcohol extract is effective. After you know that, you can combine the teas that work for each time period. I also read that some chemicals can interact and cancel out the other in some mixtures. You could make one tea, but it might not be as effective as 2 or more combinations teas or extracts.

(28-05-2014, 08:08 AM)nsas Wrote:  I am currently drinking fenugree tea, spearmint tea, both twice a day. I want to add fennel tea next. That would make 5 tall glasses of tea everyday. Is it possible to just make one pot of tea with all these ingredients and call it a day?

Hi nsas, Here's something to consider:,

Iron Absorption and Coffee/Tea Intake
A cup of tea with a meal reduces iron absorption by about 75% depending on the amount of phenolic compounds per cup. The amount of phenolic compounds depends on differences in the amounts, brands and steeping times used to prepare the tea. A cup of coffee with a meal has been shown to reduce iron absorption by about 60%. http://fscn.cfans.umn.edu/prod/groups/cf...122645.pdf

Tea's Effect on Iron Absorption
http://caffeinatedepiphany.typepad.com/c...ption.html

I know they make blended mixes of teas, however in this case I'd brew separately just to get each of the phenolic compounds full benefits, (sorry, no cuttin corners, lol)

Wink

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon