Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Alcohol and breast tissue

I am 100% sober now, but I drank to excess on a daily basis for several years. I have read that alcohol, especially chronic use, can cause shrinking of the breasts. I don't doubt that. I went from a 36C to a 34B during that time. I also gained and then lost 60 lbs, but they were much smaller and flabbier after the weight loss than they were before the weight gain. I think that is partly because of the alcohol.

Does anyone here happen to know if alcohol-related shrinkage is permanent? Is it possible that the tissue is damaged in such a way that it won't respond to NBE? I have only just started, so it's too soon to say from experience. I want to research this myself, but any insight would be helpful.

(30-05-2014, 08:22 AM)carouselambra Wrote:  I am 100% sober now, but I drank to excess on a daily basis for several years. I have read that alcohol, especially chronic use, can cause shrinking of the breasts. I don't doubt that. I went from a 36C to a 34B during that time. I also gained and then lost 60 lbs, but they were much smaller and flabbier after the weight loss than they were before the weight gain. I think that is partly because of the alcohol.

Does anyone here happen to know if alcohol-related shrinkage is permanent? Is it possible that the tissue is damaged in such a way that it won't respond to NBE? I have only just started, so it's too soon to say from experience. I want to research this myself, but any insight would be helpful.

Wow that's really interesting! I was abit bigger before but then I was pretty ignorant when It came to bras, I had a mental mindset I was the smallest size possible so I wore the smallest size possible and migrated my breast tissue. I was a pretty heavy drinker for years too, then post baby when I had bad post natal I would drink half to a bottle of wine most nights till I had a wake up call and stopped.
Im trying to only have a couple of glasses every second third night now, but one thing my family likes is its booze so I half wonder if its genetic and a hard habit to break because ive found it difficult!
I still don't understand that however because of the sugar content in alcohol for the most part I thought it would cause an overall increase in fatty tissue all over not decrease in breasts Huh

(30-05-2014, 08:22 AM)carouselambra Wrote:  I am 100% sober now, but I drank to excess on a daily basis for several years. I have read that alcohol, especially chronic use, can cause shrinking of the breasts. I don't doubt that. I went from a 36C to a 34B during that time. I also gained and then lost 60 lbs, but they were much smaller and flabbier after the weight loss than they were before the weight gain. I think that is partly because of the alcohol.

I don't have much light to shed as far as alcohol directly affecting tissue in the breasts...but here are my 2 cents anyway Big Grin

I think the difference in 'fullness' (couldn't think of a better way to say this) after the 60lbs of weight loss is due more to the change in BF overall than to damage done by alcohol. Just as with other parts of the body, fluctuation in weight leads to stretching of skin and then a 'deflating' affect, with or without stretch marks.

The other thing that comes to mind is that alcohol dehydrates the body, so large amounts will have the affect of making the body look more vascular, and potentially making the breasts look less full. The flip side of this, though, is that afterwards your body tried to retain more water = puffiness (usually seen in face/stomach, etc). But even so, this is a temporary effect, not long term or permanent.

Has your diet or water intake changed? What makes the breasts look full is, in part, the water held between the subcutaneous fat and the skin. If you are dehydrated then maybe that could be an attributing factor to the 'deflated' feeling that you have. Other possible factors, if the majority of the carbs that you were intaking were coming from alcohol then cutting it out plus the weight loss means you probably overall look leaner. Increasing carbs will give you a fuller appearance overall, indirectly affecting the breasts.

That's all that is coming to mind now....my feeling is that there are a lot of factors, biggest one being weight gain+loss. Especially if it was in a short time span. Smile

What type of alcohol are you drinking?

KinakoNeko:
When I first lost the weight (4-ish years ago), they were stretchmarked, but not "deflated". The drinking started around that time. I noticed that my breasts were looking almost unfamiliar about a two years ago. I'm only 4 months sober and I'm just now making other lifestyle improvements (quitting smoking, less caffiene, more water). I have just started paying more attention to my hydration. I am not one to easily feel dehydrated, so it is a conscious effort. I guess it will take some time to see if that helps.

lovely11:
I drank whiskey and beer. I had red wine when I had extra money! Do you think different types have different effects?

ELLACRAIG:
Alcohol causes weight gain for some and loss for others. For me, I was spending all my money at bars so I didn't eat much. Plus, it's cheaper to drink on an empty stomach. As far as breast tissue, the article I read ( I would post a link, but this was months ago) said that it had to do with alcohol's effect on estrogen/testosterone balance - which, from what I've gathered so far, might be relevant to anyone trying NBE.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon