Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hormones during menstrual, ovulation and luteal phases

Paeonia is the genus of plant that contains white peony. Its active chemical is proposed to be paeoniflorin according to that text.

I think only IGF-1, prolactin, progesterone, and estrogens are the hormones that matter.

IGF-1 and prolactin are supposed to be high during follicular
Progestogens are supposed to be highest during luteal. Estrogens were also supposed to be higher than normal during luteal, but less as high as progestogens.

Perhaps other combinations of IGF-1, prolactin, estrogen, and progestogens are possible for different times. Prolactin did have effects at other times too for BCP users.

Perhaps LH and FSH are just indicators of other hormones, but may not be the ones effective. The only time that LH and FSH have a correlation, if I have this correct, is during days 5-10 for BCP users. LH does help start luteal, and it also might (hypothesis) be responsible for how much estrogen is present during luteal. White peony and red reishi can increase estrogens too (it is uncertain if these two herbs influence LH and FSH).

GH also has an influence (possibly indirectly), but this influence includes total body height (at least during puberty) and body weight.

I believe we have missing information of the Receptors and hormones that activate the receptors that are in connective breast tissue, if they are different than other connective tissue receptors.

(10-07-2014, 05:36 AM)lovely11 Wrote:  I think only IGF-1, prolactin, progesterone, and estrogens are the hormones that matter.

IGF-1 and prolactin are supposed to be high during follicular
Progestogens are supposed to be highest during luteal. Estrogens were also supposed to be higher than normal during luteal, but less as high as progestogens.

Perhaps other combinations of IGF-1, prolactin, estrogen, and progestogens are possible for different times. Prolactin did have effects at other times too for BCP users.

Perhaps LH and FSH are just indicators of other hormones, but may not be the ones effective. The only time that LH and FSH have a correlation, if I have this correct, is during days 5-10 for BCP users. LH does help start luteal, and it also might (hypothesis) be responsible for how much estrogen is present during luteal. White peony and red reishi can increase estrogens too (it is uncertain if these two herbs influence LH and FSH).

GH also has an influence (possibly indirectly), but this influence includes total body height (at least during puberty) and body weight.

I believe we have missing information of the Receptors and hormones that activate the receptors that are in connective breast tissue, if they are different than other connective tissue receptors.

Prolactin can be problematic with aromatase,

Aromatase activity is decreased by prolactin, anti-Müllerian hormone and the common herbicide glyphosate. Aromatase activity appears to be enhanced in certain estrogen-dependent local tissue next to breast tissue, endometrial cancer, endometriosis, and uterine fibroids.
http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Aromatase

Prolactin synthesis in primary cultures of pituitary cells: Regulation by estradiol
Abstract
Pituitary cells cultured with estradiol respond by a specific increase in prolactin synthesis. Extensive inhibition of DNA synthesis (61–78%) with hydroxyurea or cytosine arabinoside resulted in only 28–33% decrease in estrogen-induced prolactin synthesis. To assess the role of prolactin cell proliferation in the estrogen-induced response, mammotrophs were identified by immunocytochemistry. Cultures treated with estradiol for 1, 2 or 5 days contained 101 ± 1, 113 ± 2 and 132 ± 1% of the number of mammotrophs in controls. Estradiol treatment for corresponding periods resulted in prolactin synthesis representing 94 ± 5,144 ± 11 and 270 ± 22% of controls and prolactin mRNA levels representing 115 ± 7, 160 ± 7 and 322 ± 22% of controls. Thus estrogen caused a considerable increase in prolactin synthesis which paralleled the increase in prolactin mRNA levels and a much smaller relative increase in the number of mammotrophs. We conclude that regulation of prolactin synthesis by estrogen is mediated predominantly but not exclusively through stimulation of gene expression in existing pituitary cells.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/art...0782900843

Evidence That Autoregulation of Prolactin Production Does Not Occur at the Pituitary Level
http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/10.12...-110-3-722

Reishi has been the subject of a large number of clinical studies primarily in Japan and China – although many Western countries including the US, are now conducting research on Reishi. Research shows that the polysaccharide Beta -1,3 – D- Glucan found in Reishi, boosts the immune system by raising the number of macrophages T-cells - which provides major benefits for people suffering from immune system disorders. This immune system action works wonders in the prevention and treatment of cancer, because the T-cells are then able to fight cancer cells more effectively. Reishi may help the body fight cancer in not one - but four ways. In addition to boosting the immune system, the glucan in Reishi helps immune cells bind to tumor cells. Researchers believe that it also reduces the number of cancerous cells, making it easier for T-cells and macrophages to rid the body of them. Another compound found in Reishi called canthaxanthin slows down the growth of tumors. As a result of the anti-cancer abilities of Reishi and the success doctors and researchers have experienced - the Japanes government officially recognizes Reishi as a cancer treatment. Dr. Fukumi Morishige M.D. Ph.D. has been a surgeon for over 38 years and is associated with the Linus Pauling Institute of Research and Medicine. Dr. Morishige is an expert on using Reishi mushroom to treat cancer patients (ReishiCancer.com). Dr. Morishige strongly recommends using Reishi mushroom as a cancer preventative strategy. Cancer is the number two killer of US adults (CDC 2011).

(10-07-2014, 06:23 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Prolactin can be problematic with aromatase,

Aromatase activity is decreased by prolactin, anti-Müllerian hormone and the common herbicide glyphosate. Aromatase activity appears to be enhanced in certain estrogen-dependent local tissue next to breast tissue, endometrial cancer, endometriosis, and uterine fibroids.
http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Aromatase

Prolactin synthesis in primary cultures of pituitary cells: Regulation by estradiol

Evidence That Autoregulation of Prolactin Production Does Not Occur at the Pituitary Level
http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/10.12...-110-3-722

Prolactin and progesterone are compatible with each other, but both lower and are lowered by estrogen. This supports that about aromatase. Prolactin and progesterone are also responsible for growth. Aromatase is always good for reducing androgens. Prolactin and progesterone which can work together are as important as estrogen each. During the cycle, the results were that prolactin and igf-1 were the major factor during follicular phase. The text also showed that BCP (which is both estrogen and progesterone, and some bcps are prolactins) had a positive effect with prolactin.

Even though progesterone and estrogen do fight each other's effects, during the luteal phase, phyto supplementation also intensifies each others effects on breasts even more. The first link on this thread saying, progesterone being at its highest, followed by estrogen being high showed positive effects.

From the showing that estrogen, progesterone, and prolactin all present at higher than the amounts they normally are during 1 time period showed positive effects.Then the showing that progesterone at its highest when it normally peaks, during luteal with high for that time, but not peak, estrogens.

Prolactin generally doesn't follow the menstrual cycle. It can be caused by physical and mental conditions, and is usually highest after waking up. If it not following a cycle is why it is not considered autoregulation, this could be why. I agree with estrogen that is on a cycle influences prolactin, but it also operates on a daily instead of monthly basis.

Either way, the three hormone groups (prolactin, progestogens, estrogens) have to be cycled or possibly they can all work together at once, but at different ratios for different times. Upregulation is another reason to use all three hormones; the hormone will upregulate the other two respective receptors while downregulating its own. Perhaps certain specific hormones of the three groups should be used, because there are many types of progestogens, estrogens and the phytohormones with effects we don't know about.

(10-07-2014, 07:01 AM)lovely11 Wrote:  BCP (which is both estrogen and progesterone, and some bcps are prolactins) had a positive effect with prolactin.

Some bcps are prolactins?!? Never heard of that before and I worked in a pharmacy for years. Can you link me to a bcp product that contains prolactin? As far as I know, oral contraceptives might have an effect on serum prolactin, but they do not contain prolactin. Huh

(10-07-2014, 02:17 PM)peggy Wrote:  
(10-07-2014, 07:01 AM)lovely11 Wrote:  BCP (which is both estrogen and progesterone, and some bcps are prolactins) had a positive effect with prolactin.

Some bcps are prolactins?!? Never heard of that before and I worked in a pharmacy for years. Can you link me to a bcp product that contains prolactin? As far as I know, oral contraceptives might have an effect on serum prolactin, but they do not contain prolactin. Huh

ok I thought I saw that in the text or somewhere.

It says some studies showed that high amounts of bcp raises prolactin,.page 8 (578)

undefined

copied from link

(11-07-2014, 01:05 AM)rocketmelon Wrote:  Check over my plan let me know If I got it right =p
thanx for info ;] you and lotus are important to the forum xD
oh and have you heard of horsetail? high in silica ...you ever heard of a correlation with nbe (= oh and I heard hops and fg have growth factors too!

How does my plan sound? I'm I following it correct

Luteal high prolactin and progesterone, high ani-androgens
fg,fennel,etc herbs for prog + prolactin, spearmint/peppermint

pms time adding prog cream and chastberry ..maybe dandelion too helps with excess estro

Follicular: (high IGF-1, high prolactin)
hops, white peony root , pm (low dose), goats rue....-pro estro and prolactin? right
thinking of adding damina for high prog just a lil to balance estro?

days 1-5
fg,fennel, prog herbs with small dose of pm then ramp up estro lower prog after period over

I'm taking dried white peony (all I could get) so one gram of dried root not powdered ...that like same as 100mg powder? 

Horsetail is a good idea for its healing properties, but too much has contraindications (check its safety information). I almost thought of MSM, except msm is high in sulfur compounds instead of silica.

Luteal was actually high progesterone and higher than normal estrogen. Prolactin might be helpful there too, so your plan might work. Prolactin is highest in the morning, probably at night too. What about massage before and after sleep no matter the time of the cycle.

Red reishi is a good anti-dht for luteal. PM might be good during luteal, it might have estrogenic and progestogenic properties. The plan sounds good, you may have to update it depending on results.

Now that I think of it, I question whether it is good or not to up estrogens during ovulation, when estrogen normally peaks. That has effects on LH or FSH, which, would rather be left normal. In any case, I always thought not to over do estrogens during ovulation. Perhaps if prolactin and progesterone counter it.

It seems like all three of prolactin, progesterone, and estrogens can work together at the same time. It would be good to go along with how the body normally peaks with the hormones during different times, and consider how these three groups of hormones change the amount of each other.

White peony might be better in luteal. It depends on its effects if you want to use peony during follicular. And small amounts of ginseng would be good for menstrual symptoms.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon