Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hormones Test : During Follicular Phase Or Luteal Phase??

Hi lovely ladies, how are you all? I am going for a hormones test as I have a doubt of being Estrogen Dominant. So what is the best time to check the accurate hormonal status? Do I also need a 'Cleanse' before going for a test?

No cleanse needed. If you test your progesterone level, then you have to make the test one week after ovulation. So in case you ovulate on day 14, test on day 21. Are you going to make a blood test or a saliva test?

Hi Peggy, how are you doing? I'm going to make a blood test. Yesterday I talked to the laboratory nearby home and found that there is no panel over there that covers all the four hormones. So I have to go through individual tests. Prolactin test is indeed needed?? I was thinking to check the levels of estrogen, progesterone and testosterone at present as these are sufficient I think. The laboratory man was asking some questions like: do you want to make an 'estrogen' test or 'estradiol', testosterone or T3? I'm a bit confused now. What you think Peggy?
I don't always have a 28 day cycle, It fluctuates between 28-30. I had a period on 25 in the afternoon so after 15 or 16 should I go for the test?

Yes hun, if you got your period on June 25th (cycle day 1), then you should do the test on July 16th (on cycle day 22), considering that your cycle is 29 days long in average.

A saliva test would be more precise but a blood test is better than no test at all. I would definitely check estradiol, progesterone and testosterone. It's not bad to know your prolactin level but its also not very important.

If your insurance will cover the costs then go for it and check as much as possible, also your thyroid levels, which is: TSH, free T3 and free T4. Big Grin Hope this helps. Smile

PS: Do you take any herbs at the moment? It would be better if you would not take any before you make the lab test.

I checked Prolactin levels via blood test approx 6 years ago and the report was in the middle of the range. It was 14.57 (2.8-29.2).
Yes, It is good to check as much as possible but the cost is TOO MUCH.
No Peggy, I'm not taking any herb right now. I tried so many herbs but got zero result. Currently I have mood swings a lot.
Fingers crossed, I hope I don't get an extremely bad report. Sad
I have to go through the blood test on an empty stomach ?

It's better to eat nothing as you don't know if they will eventually also make a CBC (complete blood count) and check for glucose.

In case you take thyroid meds, do not take them on the day you have the appointment for the blood test.

Fingers crossed. Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon