Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

avacado oil as a carrier/massage oil

(08-08-2014, 01:24 AM)Charlie_girl Wrote:  Ooooooh okay, you're using a different oil than we are. I'm applying, and consuming, 100% cold pressed organic avacado oil (not massage oil. My kind is found on the cooking isle section of the health food store.) You might want to consider switching your type of oil because real avacado oil is actually one of the best carrier oils (vegetable carrier oils). Since your type of oil isn't the same, that's probably why it's not mixing well. What does the ingredients list say it contains?

Also, you might want to check out this thread made by the moderator:
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=9474

all avacado oil no addatives

Well, your comments sound like its not 100% avacado oil.

1- You said it was a massage type oil & you wouldn't ingest it. So, it sounds like its different than the avacado oil you'd purchase on the cooking oil isle in the grocery store.

2- you said it didn't mix well & wasn't a good carrier oil when regular avacado is. Did you see the link I posted?

You can always throw some Emu oil in the mix. That's a great carrier oil and actually helps blend & can even blend water and oil together.

(09-08-2014, 01:33 AM)Charlie_girl Wrote:  Well, your comments sound like its not 100% avacado oil.

1- You said it was a massage type oil & you wouldn't ingest it. So, it sounds like its different than the avacado oil you'd purchase on the cooking oil isle in the grocery store.

2- you said it didn't mix well & wasn't a good carrier oil when regular avacado is. Did you see the link I posted?

You can always throw some Emu oil in the mix. That's a great carrier oil and actually helps blend & can even blend water and oil together.

only because it was labeled massage oil however even though the label says 100% avacado oil i dunno if is safe to ingest. will look into emu oil. from what you said sounds like it has emulsification properties...

Emu oil is a great emulsifier and is one of the most potent transdermal carriers.

I must add this. Someone just informed me that the plant sterols in avocados block estrogen receptors. WHAT?! Damn!! Well, so much for my avacado oil adventure. I'll still use a little of it on salads or whatever, but from what I've just googled, it sounds like a lot of the foods that I need to eat in order to gain weight have the same effect. So, I cant cut them all out. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, minus the avacado oil. Damn, I was so happy with that stuff too.

(09-08-2014, 01:57 AM)Charlie_girl Wrote:  Emu oil is a great emulsifier and is one of the most potent transdermal carriers.

I must add this. Someone just informed me that the plant sterols in avocados block estrogen receptors. WHAT?! Damn!! Well, so much for my avacado oil adventure. I'll still use a little of it on salads or whatever, but from what I've just googled, it sounds like a lot of the foods that I need to eat in order to gain weight have the same effect. So, I cant cut them all out. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, minus the avacado oil. Damn, I was so happy with that stuff too.

dammnit it was looking good as a potential oil guess now i have a 16oz paper weight.....will prob order me an emu now *sigh* i hate conflicting sources of information

while seaching for emu oil on ebay, i see 'people who bought this also bought jojoba oil'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jojoba_oil

i suppose works well with emu oil? (research needed)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon