Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Herbal teas

I have a question which I hope one of you can answer. My daughter has terrible menstrual cramps every month. She is not interested in NBE but I have read that some estrogen boosters can solve this problem. She uses birth control pills and is a vegetarian, if that helps. Is there a tea I can recommend to her?

(25-11-2018, 12:01 AM)James98 Wrote:  I have a question which I hope one of you can answer. My daughter has terrible menstrual cramps every month. She is not interested in NBE but I have read that some estrogen boosters can solve this problem. She uses birth control pills and is a vegetarian, if that helps. Is there a tea I can recommend to her?

Dunno about estrogen boosting james but I’ve suffered horrific cramps and usually associated with heavy flow too. Red raspberry has been a game changer No 1 and No 2 look at “ladies mantle” . Also cramps/inflammation evening primrose oil. I think a tea on its own won’t cut it.cramps are debilitating as you will know. Red rasberry tea is good but the pills are better. The ladies mantle is a tea too. Maybe look into a walnut tea for progesterone. 

Where did you find an estrogen booster would help with cramps? Got me intrigued

Can't remember where I read that, have been looking over this site trying to find the reference. I am sure some ladies have remarked that the cramps almost completely went away, but can't remember the exact conditions. So that's why I decided to ask here.

Thanks for your response. You said the tea by itself won't be enough so add evening primrose oil. I guess that comes in pill form to be swallowed. I hope the pills are small, she hates large pills and says she chokes on them. Or can the oil be added straight to the tea? Does she need to take this every day or just during her period?

(25-11-2018, 06:41 AM)James98 Wrote:  Can't remember where I read that, have been looking over this site trying to find the reference. I am sure some ladies have remarked that the cramps almost completely went away, but can't remember the exact conditions. So that's why I decided to ask here.

Thanks for your response. You said the tea by itself won't be enough so add evening primrose oil. I guess that comes in pill form to be swallowed. I hope the pills are small, she hates large pills and says she chokes on them. Or can the oil be added straight to the tea? Does she need to take this every day or just during her period?

JAmes EPO pills in my country are large but I see no reason to pin prick them (drain in a liquid she can tolerate) and take during her troublesome times of period only. I know omega 3s thin the blood and learned the hard way not to take during your cycle so I suspect omega 6 may not have that blood thinning effect?? (But I can’t confirm) Also fwiw if I take anything estrogen promoting during my cycle the blood flow is worse . I know it’s no joke the heavy flow and for me personally the heavy cramps accompany my worst heaviest days and I’m supposed to be on intravenous iron I’m that bad so worth consultation. I hope she finds relief. My daughter is of the age she will  start soon too....Cramps very bad can be endometriosis to so avoid anything estrogen. Just 2cescents worth and unproffesional at that xx

Is Omega 3 and EPO the same thing? Iron? If she takes iron pills, would that help?

(25-11-2018, 10:12 AM)James98 Wrote:  Is Omega 3 and EPO the same thing? Iron? If she takes iron pills, would that help?
EPO is omega 6, good anti inflammatory . Re iron I’d get her checked if she has heAvy cycles, ferritin , blood plasma etc or check her lower inner eyelid, if it’s pale say compared to yours can be a sign of low iron. Or any supermarket has red rasberry leaf tea, get her to start taking a couple days before her cycle starts and see if it helps

(25-11-2018, 12:01 AM)James98 Wrote:  I have a question which I hope one of you can answer. My daughter has terrible menstrual cramps every month. She is not interested in NBE but I have read that some estrogen boosters can solve this problem. She uses birth control pills and is a vegetarian, if that helps. Is there a tea I can recommend to her?

A friend of mine swears by magnesium for menstural cramps, if that's any help.

Try this:
Traditonal Medicinals Healthy Cycle Formerly Female Toner Tea https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005P0JPXI/ref...aCbCYGC7J7

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon