Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Question about Maca powder

Shocked 

So, a nice lady suggested me maca as I am still young (19) and I read a lot on the internet about it today...I am seriously considering it but my worries are will I gain weight?If eating same amount of calories of course.

I am eating 1500-2000 calories ( or 1800 daily in a row ) to mantain my weight.If I would gain it in curves I wouldn't mind that much but I gain it in my lover,upper back, thighs and deep in belly.
I hate that,it deforms my body so much and I still remain flat chested.:-\
My belly is still not that flat, I bloat after morning. -_- Will I be able to get a flat belly if I do gain weight but on curves?I am sure it's not natural for teens to gain weight in areas I do, maca can maybe solve this huh?

Also, I suggest to everyone who can't gain weight (ectomorphs) to try maca powder as it really seems to have amazing benefits...

Btw, there is no gelatinazed maca available here...will I experience side effects if I put it in oatmeal or something?

By eating maca, you probably will add some weight around your butt and thighs. But, if you start doing some lunges and squads, then you should be able to tone it. Try to have it in the morning or early afternoon, 'cause, if you have later on it will keep you awake at evenings. It will literally boost your energy. Good Luck, POM

Oh, ok thanks.
But if I eat calorie restricted will I gain additional weight or can the fat I already have shift to those places?I've been always wondering about this...
If not I guess I'll have to get mxself skinny and then gain weight with maca..?
My thighs are not that skinny already, I don't want them too big.:-\
Wish I could gain some fat between hip and thighs, or I'll end up with hip dips again...

I would say start maca and exercise. These two together plus a healthy eating habit will give you a good shape. POM

i was wondering if using maca extract topically would be better? will/can it be absorbed transdermaly effectively?
Rainbow 

(17-08-2014, 06:10 PM)squirrelwithboobs Wrote:  i was wondering if using maca extract topically would be better? will/can it be absorbed transdermaly effectively?
----------------------------------------------------------
I do not know. When I have a chance I will research it. Huh

(17-08-2014, 06:27 PM)pom19 Wrote:  
(17-08-2014, 06:10 PM)squirrelwithboobs Wrote:  i was wondering if using maca extract topically would be better? will/can it be absorbed transdermaly effectively?
----------------------------------------------------------
I do not know. When I have a chance I will research it. Huh

i only ask because i saw some liquid maca extract on amazon and didnt want to waste money on it. i know pm extract powder is too large a molecule to be absorbed transdermally

Maca has no hormones, it's an adaptogen so I don't think it would work topically...:-\
I am worried that if I exercise I may lose too much body fat and I am not fan of cardio.I may try pilates or something, I need to improve my posture, I have rolled over shoulders. :-( Makes my chest even more flat looking.Or I may just get that thingy you wear to pull the shoulders back, haha sorry, don't know how it's called on english.:-P

[quote='Lunice' pid='128535' dateline='1408300376']
Maca has no hormones, it's an adaptogen so I don't think it would work topically...:-\
I am worried that if I exercise I may lose too much body fat and I am not fan of cardio.I may try pilates or something, I need to improve my posture, I have rolled over shoulders. :-( Makes my chest even more flat looking.Or
I may just get that thingy you wear to pull the shoulders back, haha sorry, don't know how it's called on english.:-P
[/quote]
-----------------------------
Lunice, were you addessing me or squirrelwithboobs when you said "that thingy you wear"? Smile POM

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon