Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hormonal tests and tuberous breasts!

I am very curious if any of you girls with tubies have had their hormones tested. It would be nice to compare our results to see if we have something in common.

My hormone levels were all the normal range except for DHEA which was under the lower limits.

Progesterone nmól/l............ 6,7

Prolactin µg/l................. 20,0 1,9 - 25

Estradiol pmól/l............... 374

FSH U/l........................ 8,5

LH U/l ........................ 17,5

Testosteron nmól/l............. 0,79 2,8

Active testosterone nmól/l...... 0,16 0 - 0,76

SHBG nmól/l.................... 96,6 24,6 - 122

DHEA-SO4 µmol/l................ 1,4 * 2,7 - 9,2

I think my estrogen is a little highish and my progesterone a little lowish but I guess within normal range since I wasn't informed of any abnormalties. My testosterone is rather low and that came as a surprise.

Anyone else?

(27-08-2014, 03:50 PM)CousinRose Wrote:  I think my estrogen is a little highish and my progesterone a little lowish but I guess within normal range since I wasn't informed of any abnormalties.

I believe it's because of low progesterone or prolactin. http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=21572

During luteal phase, raise progesterone and prolactin. Prolactin can be raised by mood and certain foods, and prolactin raises progestogens. Having uncomfortable or long periods is a sign of too low progestogens and high estrogen. Your estrogen and testosterone levels may be fine, it just needs more progestogen or prolactin balance.

Wow, your hormones are higher than mine.My doctor is on holiday and I have these hormoes results I can't understand. -_-

I was testet 3 days before my period.
07/21/2014.
FSH - 5,1 IU/L
LH - 12,6 IU/L
Beta Estradiol - 212 pmol/L
Progesterone - 8,2 nmol/L
Prolactin - 140 mIU/ml ( the m is a letter I can't find on my keyboard lol)
Testosterone - 1,5 nmol/L
Cortisol - 276 nmol/L

Ugh, look at my testosterone!I even eat low glycemic food and avoid dairy...

I am not sure are my breasts tuberous.They are small but round, small puffy aerolas and nipples, and they only look tuberous/pointy when I lean over but maybe that's just an illusion...they're not any saggy.

The thing is lovely11 that my prolactin levels are actually quite high. Which might explain why I get headaches while taking fenugreek.

I am very curious about the estogen/progesterone connection though. Even though it is "normal", the estrogen is at the high end and progesterone at the low end. I remember usually feeling better while using progesterone cream but finding the exact right amount to use was a little hard. I was reading earlier that some doctors recommend action if your levels are below 10 and mine sure are.[/b]

Hey Lunice. I don't know what you mean by that my hormones are higher then yours Wink Have your doctor explain your results, mine didn't explain anything so I had to research everything by myself. If your breasts are round I doubt you have tuburous breasts since restriction at the bottom of the breasts is the main characteristics.

(01-09-2014, 11:32 AM)CousinRose Wrote:  I am very curious about the estogen/progesterone connection though. Even though it is "normal", the estrogen is at the high end and progesterone at the low end.

Estrogen lowers both progesterone and prolactin. Progesterone and prolactin lower estrogen. Prolactin in released by the pituitary and it signals for the ovaries and egg to keep producing progesterone. Prolactin and progesterone signal each other through a loop. If the egg is not fertilized this loop stops, because estrogen comes in to play. I believe progesterone is most responsible since its levels can rise extremely high, while prolactin increases, it does not increase as high.

There needs to be balance among the three hormone types. Maybe maca can help you with symptoms. There was a post that walnut contained progesterone as one of its phytochemicals. Plants of the same genus are very similar like an orange is to a lemon.

Funny you should say this because I resently started using walnuts along with maca. Just a few days ago. We'll see how it goes. Natural progesterone cream is not sold over the counter in my country so I have to find another way to raise it. I am also supplementing with zinc. Let's see how it goes Smile

I think i have a bit tuberous breasts, especially looking from the side view.

These are my hormonal results. Doc didn't test progesterone so i can't see which is my hormonal dominance. Although the normal for tuberous breasts is to be estrogen dominant, my estrogen seems low, my dhea-s low, prolactin and androstenedione high.

Hormone || Result || Reference Values

T3 || 1.40 ng/mL || 0.82 - 1.79
T4 free || 1.23 ng/dL || 0.80 - 1.90
TSH || 2.799 mU/L || 0.400 -4.000
Prolactin || 20.4 ng/mL || 3.1 - 25.0
FSH || 5.2 mUI/mL || follicular phase - 3.03 8.0 || ovulatory peak - 2.55 - 16.6 || luteal phase - 1.38 - 5.47
Total testosterone || 56 ng/dL || < 118
Delta-4-androtenediona || 2.39 ng/mL || 0.10 - 2.99
Estradiol || 83 || follicular phase - 20 - 160 || ovulatory peak - 34 - 400 || luteal phase - 27 - 246
Plasmatic cortisol || 12.2 || 5.0 - 25.0
DHEA-S || 79 || 29 - 781

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon