Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

acne

anyone have problems with increased acne since using herbs? i notice i break out more. not enjoying this as it took a lot for me to stop breaking out (had been plagued all my life, since being a teen.. not a huge problem, but enough to make me uncomfortable, and as an adult, you don't want to have any problems with acne). through trial and error, i learned it was from food sensitivities and usually don't break out much anymore.. but in the past month, i notice i have been.

As teen I tested out everything to get rid of acne haha. xD Now I only get some small pimples a week before period but I hate them anyways.
Anti-androgens help in that case but what really
worked for me is all internally.
Drink green tea,mint or spearmint tea,lot's of water,avoid high glycemic index food or if you can't eat them in minimum amount after a meal which wasn't high glycemic of course,test out which dairy products cause breakouts/inflamation.For example, I can handle ice cream,gouda and butter but whipping cream,milk,white cheeses break me out.I even tried organic raw milk and it's even worse! :-\ Also anything with glucose syrup and too much milk chocolate.I never broke out from eating dark chocolate though.
Hope that helps. :-)

Testosterone and progesterone activate sebum, but when both hormones are high it makes it overproduce so you have to lower at least one of them, that would be testosterone of course.

it seems for me, that the MSM would cause a lot of acne .[/align]

I think it would be due to hormonal changes that might cause it.

(29-08-2014, 08:15 AM)Lunice Wrote:  As teen I tested out everything to get rid of acne haha. xD Now I only get some small pimples a week before period but I hate them anyways.
Anti-androgens help in that case but what really
worked for me is all internally.
Drink green tea,mint or spearmint tea,lot's of water,avoid high glycemic index food or if you can't eat them in minimum amount after a meal which wasn't high glycemic of course,test out which dairy products cause breakouts/inflamation.For example, I can handle ice cream,gouda and butter but whipping cream,milk,white cheeses break me out.I even tried organic raw milk and it's even worse! :-\ Also anything with glucose syrup and too much milk chocolate.I never broke out from eating dark chocolate though.
Hope that helps. :-)

Testosterone and progesterone activate sebum, but when both hormones are high it makes it overproduce so you have to lower at least one of them, that would be testosterone of course.

hit it on the nose!!

How do you lower testosterone and progesterone? Would taking am adaptogen like maca to regulate hormones work?

Still been breaking out non-stop. Pretty sure it is due to the herbs, but the funny thing is that my boobs have not changed size over the past month :/

I say take SP or spearmint? They both lower testosterone. Also Sp helps with breakouts.

I have NEVER had anything but a few blackheads. Just three days ago I started breaking out. immediately I buy Spearmint tea. drink a glass and use the tea bag to wipe on my face. I did it again yesterday. today my face is almost it free. so I will be keeping the spearmint tea and teabag wipe in my regimen. hope it clears up soon

I think if you are prone to acne or have had to deal with it, you might be more sensitive to having flare-ups with these hormone-inducing herbs. I always had problems with adult acne until I started to reduce certain foods in my diet that I was sensitive to. Since then, my acne cleared up and I usually have decent skin (for years now).. but I started getting the same kind of acne again on these herbs, ever since I started taking them. Right now I have 2 huge ones (cystic type.. boo) and noticed 2 more spots trying to flare up. Argh! I am going to cut out the wild yam and fenugreek and see if that helps. Reluctant to stop the PM since everyone says it works for them. If I still get so many acne flare-ups, I may just try massage and nb, and that is it.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon