Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

FAQ-Supplements for Breast Growth

(03-01-2016, 08:30 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  Lotus dear friend I have a question for you.

re wild yam[/b

What hormonal influence do you think WY has in [b]PILL
form not cream?

I understood you may have said somewhere when taken internally it might influence estrogen but when extracted into the cream form it acts as progesterone..

On a side note too if I stopped vitex which I found has balanced my cycle but shrunk my bosom is there another herbal route to balance my hormones?

Hi Ella,

Funny, I was reading how coffee and tea act like progesterone on estrogen today, for another topic huh?. Wink

A possible scenario about vitex is how it can increase T for some, (women included), indicating the shrinkage?. In another twist, a scarred liver will not process hormones (amongst other things too) correctly, complicating estrogen metabolism. A fatty liver can be corrected by diet, just FYI stuff.

If you mean via sublingual delivery I believe perphial tissues benefit, by standard delivery about 75-80% gets lost by first pass metabolism. Perhaps you create a triple delivery system of transdermal, sublingual and standard delivery. However, I'd favor sublingual at 70%, then 20% transdermal and then 10% standard, (that's just me though).

(03-01-2016, 08:30 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  is there another herbal route to balance my hormones?

Have you tried this?

Frankincense oil (aromatherapy) regulates estrogen production in women and reduces the risk of post-menopause tumor or cyst formation in the uterus (uterine cancer). It also regulates the menstrual cycle of premenopausal women.
http://articles.mercola.com/herbal-oils/...omatherapy)

(04-01-2016, 03:34 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(03-01-2016, 08:30 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  Lotus dear friend I have a question for you.

re wild yam[/b

What hormonal influence do you think WY has in [b]PILL
form not cream?

I understood you may have said somewhere when taken internally it might influence estrogen but when extracted into the cream form it acts as progesterone..

On a side note too if I stopped vitex which I found has balanced my cycle but shrunk my bosom is there another herbal route to balance my hormones?

Hi Ella,

Funny, I was reading how coffee and tea act like progesterone on estrogen today, for another topic huh?. Wink

A possible scenario about vitex is how it can increase T for some, (women included), indicating the shrinkage?. In another twist, a scarred liver will not process hormones (amongst other things too) correctly, complicating estrogen metabolism. A fatty liver can be corrected by diet, just FYI stuff.

If you mean via sublingual delivery I believe perphial tissues benefit, by standard delivery about 75-80% gets lost by first pass metabolism. Perhaps you create a triple delivery system of transdermal, sublingual and standard delivery. However, I'd favor sublingual at 70%, then 20% transdermal and then 10% standard, (that's just me though).

(03-01-2016, 08:30 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  is there another herbal route to balance my hormones?

Have you tried this?

Frankincense oil (aromatherapy) regulates estrogen production in women and reduces the risk of post-menopause tumor or cyst formation in the uterus (uterine cancer). It also regulates the menstrual cycle of premenopausal women.
http://articles.mercola.com/herbal-oils/...omatherapy)
Hey.
Gosh I'd love to try or use frankincense oil but there's just NO reliable sources over here. Find me a reliable supplier and I'd go for it! Smile
Re the wild yam I was thinking pill form... Are there any benefits to hormones or because it's similar composition to fenugreek right? Therefore might raise estrogen ?

Hmm really interesting re testosterone... I never knew that! I wonder if that's why I've shrunk?... The dosage per pill of vitex is 225mg so not high given I'd loose most if that upon digestion... And yet my period was bang on time last cycle so it must have had some effect...

I'm wondering am I being a selfish dork by stopping vitex on account of breasts.... Sad

Would applying fenugreek extract externally on the hips and butt area work the same as taking it internally?Would you be able to get growth on just the hip and butt area?and would you cycle it?

(09-07-2016, 08:18 PM)KekeLo Wrote:  Would applying fenugreek extract externally on the hips and butt area work the same as taking it internally?Would you be able to get growth on just the hip and butt area?and would you cycle it?

It's possible, the strength (quality) of the extract would being the determining factor. I would cycle FG, it raises all hormone activity (per recent studies).

I am here to say that it actually does work Keke. I have applied fenugreek externally and have taken it internally and they both have given me butt and hip growth!

LOTUS - please tell me how Biotin affects female hormones????
https://books.google.co.nz/books?id=C4H9...es&f=false

Thank you.

(11-08-2016, 08:45 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  LOTUS - please tell me how Biotin affects female hormones????

Thank you.

Hi Ella,

biotin breaks down proteins, carbohydrates, fats, and amino acids, which is what want for NBE. Does it work for everbody?.........no. Specifically , I see biotin might promote lactation, though no specific info (other than pregnancy) is mentioned, (just my opinion). I found a few studies of interest, the high dose biotin treating MS is one of them, the other is the mouse study. Rolleyes treated mice exhibited 105.4% higher serum estradiol concentration than the control group, (that's pretty interesting). A human is lacking though.

I also found mention that biotin affects blood testing on TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone), it changes T3/T4 levels making it seem like the lab results show Graves' disease, so, don't take biotin prior to testing.

High doses of biotin in chronic progressive multiple sclerosis: A pilot study — ScienceDirect
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/art...4815000061

Biotin (great info)
http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/vitamins/biotin

deficiency and biotin excess: effects on the female reproductive system.
Báez-Saldaña A1, Camacho-Arroyo I, Espinosa-Aguirre JJ, Neri-Gómez T, Rojas-Ochoa A, Guerra-Araiza C, Larrieta E, Vital P, Díaz G, Chavira R, Fernandez-Mejia C.
Author information
Abstract
Biotin deficiency and biotin excess have both been found to affect reproduction and cause teratogenic effects. In the reproductive tract, however, the effects of biotin have not been well established yet. We investigated the effects of varying biotin content diets on the oestrus cycle, ovarian morphology, estradiol and progesterone serum levels, and the uterine mRNA abundance of their nuclear receptors, as well as on the activity of the estradiol-degrading group of enzymes cytochrome P450 (CYP) in the liver. Three-week-old female BALB/cAnN Hsd mice were fed a biotin-deficient, a biotin-control, or a biotin-supplemented diet (0, 7.2 or 400 micromol of free biotin/kg diet, respectively) over a period of nine weeks. Striking effects were observed in the biotin-deficient group: mice showed arrested estrous cycle on the day of diestrus and changes in ovary morphology. Estradiol serum concentration increased 49.2% in biotin-deficient mice compared to the control group, while the enzymatic activities of CYP1A2 and CYP2B2 increased (P<0.05). The mRNA abundance of nuclear estrogen and progesterone receptors decreased in the biotin-deficient mice. In the biotin-supplemented group we found that, in spite of a significant (P<0.05) decrease in the number of primary and Graafian follicles and in CYP1A2 activities, mice exhibited 105.4% higher serum estradiol concentration than the control group. No changes in the expression of the nuclear receptors were observed. No significant differences were observed in serum progesterone among the groups. Our results indicate that both the deficiency and the excess of biotin have significant effects on the female mouse reproductive system.

Can we assume that human estradiol serum does similar?,............still looking Wink

(12-08-2016, 11:06 PM)Lotus Wrote:  
(11-08-2016, 08:45 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  LOTUS - please tell me how Biotin affects female hormones????

Thank you.

Hi Ella,

biotin breaks down proteins, carbohydrates, fats, and amino acids, which is what want for NBE. Does it work for everbody?.........no. Specifically , I see biotin might promote lactation, though no specific info (other than pregnancy) is mentioned, (just my opinion). I found a few studies of interest, the high dose biotin treating MS is one of them, the other is the mouse study. Rolleyes treated mice exhibited 105.4% higher serum estradiol concentration than the control group, (that's pretty interesting). A human is lacking though.

I also found mention that biotin affects blood testing on TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone), it changes T3/T4 levels making it seem like the lab results show Graves' disease, so, don't take biotin prior to testing.

High doses of biotin in chronic progressive multiple sclerosis: A pilot study — ScienceDirect
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/art...4815000061

Biotin (great info)
http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/vitamins/biotin

deficiency and biotin excess: effects on the female reproductive system.
Báez-Saldaña A1, Camacho-Arroyo I, Espinosa-Aguirre JJ, Neri-Gómez T, Rojas-Ochoa A, Guerra-Araiza C, Larrieta E, Vital P, Díaz G, Chavira R, Fernandez-Mejia C.
Author information
Abstract
Biotin deficiency and biotin excess have both been found to affect reproduction and cause teratogenic effects. In the reproductive tract, however, the effects of biotin have not been well established yet. We investigated the effects of varying biotin content diets on the oestrus cycle, ovarian morphology, estradiol and progesterone serum levels, and the uterine mRNA abundance of their nuclear receptors, as well as on the activity of the estradiol-degrading group of enzymes cytochrome P450 (CYP) in the liver. Three-week-old female BALB/cAnN Hsd mice were fed a biotin-deficient, a biotin-control, or a biotin-supplemented diet (0, 7.2 or 400 micromol of free biotin/kg diet, respectively) over a period of nine weeks. Striking effects were observed in the biotin-deficient group: mice showed arrested estrous cycle on the day of diestrus and changes in ovary morphology. Estradiol serum concentration increased 49.2% in biotin-deficient mice compared to the control group, while the enzymatic activities of CYP1A2 and CYP2B2 increased (P<0.05). The mRNA abundance of nuclear estrogen and progesterone receptors decreased in the biotin-deficient mice. In the biotin-supplemented group we found that, in spite of a significant (P<0.05) decrease in the number of primary and Graafian follicles and in CYP1A2 activities, mice exhibited 105.4% higher serum estradiol concentration than the control group. No changes in the expression of the nuclear receptors were observed. No significant differences were observed in serum progesterone among the groups. Our results indicate that both the deficiency and the excess of biotin have significant effects on the female mouse reproductive system.

Can we assume that human estradiol serum does similar?,............still looking Wink

Thank you for that. So it has potential to raise estradiol if deficient but also if NORMAL? but no effect on progesterone?

(12-08-2016, 11:44 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  Thank you for that. So it has potential to raise estradiol if deficient but also if NORMAL? but no effect on progesterone?

It doesn't look like it does anything to progesterone at this point, thought who knows for sure, results could vary. Rolleyes 105% increase in estradiol is crazy huh?, though animal study. I would expect maybe about half of that percentage in humans though, my guess.

(13-08-2016, 08:23 PM)Lotus Wrote:  
(12-08-2016, 11:44 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  Thank you for that. So it has potential to raise estradiol if deficient but also if NORMAL? but no effect on progesterone?

It doesn't look like it does anything to progesterone at this point, thought who knows for sure, results could vary. Rolleyes 105% increase in estradiol is crazy huh?, though animal study. I would expect maybe about half of that percentage in humans though, my guess.
well that really explains how some girls have grown on biotin! thats not good. estradiol is the bad type of estrogen isnt it?

im second guessing taking it..

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon