Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

FAQ-Supplements for Breast Growth

(09-03-2014, 05:28 AM)prettylily Wrote:  All I know I got from this forum. Sad Sorry. It seems like it's just a source of sulfur, though.

Personally, I haven't noticed any difference, but I'm on a pretty low dose. I'm itching to ramp up, but I want to see how I do this month first.

Hi prettylily,

I saved this a while back and thought it made sense!, thanks surferjoe, and thank you lily for your support btw. Smile

(07-01-2014, 04:50 PM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  
(04-01-2014, 10:56 AM)SaraG Wrote:  Thank you, I've just been looking at collagen supplement on an online chemist shop and noticed MSM came up next to it in the search. I couldn't decide which to buy. So MSM will create more collagen but collagen supplements itself won't be useful??
Taken collagen pills to get collagen is like taking milk pills to get calcium. A capsule-full is pointless. If you want collagen you eat it not take it: broth from chicken's feet (a popular way to get a lot), chicken skin, tripe, tendon, or broth made from a soup bone. You take sulfur (MSM) to build your own collagen, and then you don't need so much.

Hi, everyone! Wink

I just have to take a minute here and give thanks to our fearless leader Eve M.

This FAQ section couldn't have been possible without her approval, so on that note,
thank you again Eve for the opportunity to help!

Lotus Smile

Hugs

(09-03-2014, 05:01 AM)Mistress~Lotus Wrote:  
(09-03-2014, 04:46 AM)prettylily Wrote:  Don't be sorry! It's really great that you're doing all this; I was just asking because I was wondering if it would support MSM (maybe even in place of vitamin C?).

I'm seriously considering adding MSM, from what I understand it's better then just adding collagen. What do you have on it?

Assuming this is talking about MSM I was advised by a naturopath to give my hubby msm/vitamin c to help his body provide the necessary boost to help with post op recover of a knee op that was meant to stimulate his body to regrow some cartilage and all that goes with it! He did infact 4 weeks post op get scans which indicated he had progressed quite nicely.

Also on another thread I posted up a link to a site where countless women had experienced bigger breasts whilest taking msm/vit c (a particular brand) - that aside same thing just plain on msm/vit c. 'They were taking it for hair growth so the bigger breasts came as a surprise.

So as I was advised and based on that thread I found the two must compliment each other Smile

There is a useful video on YouTube on how to Decrease Testosterone In Women

Hello BBML (big bobbie mistris lotus) tell me if im ok to call you that! Smile

Are you able at your leisure to shed some light on lady's mantle and breast enlargement. I apologize if you have covered this before!
Can you explain astringement as ladys mantle claims to be an astringement. Got me stumped :s again just if and when you have time.
Thank you

(17-03-2014, 09:00 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Hello BBML (big bobbie mistris lotus) tell me if im ok to call you that! Smile

Are you able at your leisure to shed some light on lady's mantle and breast enlargement. I apologize if you have covered this before!
Can you explain astringement as ladys mantle claims to be an astringement. Got me stumped :s again just if and when you have time.
Thank you

Its the Tannis (6-8%) which causes the contractions, may protect conjunctive and elastic tissues. Also contains salicylic acid, described as having a mild painkilling action for painful menstrual periods.

So it looks like it increases blood flow into the tissues because of the astringent properties, and that blood flow or circulation increases fat deposits which cause the breast growth. And because of the contractions from the astringent it's also claimed that it helps with saggy breasts.

How would it be delivered?

Lol, BBML Big GrinCool

(17-03-2014, 04:32 PM)Mistress~Lotus Wrote:  
(17-03-2014, 09:00 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Hello BBML (big bobbie mistris lotus) tell me if im ok to call you that! Smile

Thank you

Its the Tannis (6-8%) which causes the contractions, may protect conjunctive and elastic tissues. Also contains salicylic acid, described as having a mild painkilling action for painful menstrual periods.

So it looks like it increases blood flow into the tissues because of the astringent properties, and that blood flow or circulation increases fat deposits which cause the breast growth. And because of the contractions from the astringent it's also claimed that it helps with saggy breasts.

How would it be delivered?

Lol, BBML Big GrinCool

Ok thank you, they say to dip fabric in the tea or liquid extract I would imagine and use it as a compress on the breasts. I've only ever heard of this being used as Auyyevdic (can never spell that) practice.

The reason for asking is I have bad circulation so trying to find a way to increase circulation to the breasts, I wonder if this then is a safe way of doing it? I couldn't find if it has any estrogenic properties as YOU KNOW ME, trying to limit the unknown. All the usual isn't really working for me, the heat pads, the massage, bust roller etc

Summary of Effects of Plant Derived Anti-Androgens

Check out the sidebar:

4.7. Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum)

Red reishi, commonly known as LingZhi in Chinese, is a mushroom thought to have many health benefits. In a research study exploring the anti-androgenic effects of 20 species of mushrooms, reishi mushrooms had the strongest action in inhibiting testosterone (3). That study found that reishi mushrooms significantly reduced levels of 5-alpha reductase, preventing conversion of testosterone into the more potent DHT. High levels of DHT are a risk factor for conditions such as benign prostatatic hypertrophy (BPH), acne, and baldness.

4.8. Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra)

Licorice is a flavorful substance that has been used in food and medicinal remedies for thousands of years. It is also known as “sweet root,” licorice root contains a compound that is about 50 times sweeter than sugar. It has been used in both Eastern and Western medicine to treat a variety of illnesses ranging from the common cold to liver disease. Licorice affects the endocrine system because it contains isoflavones (phytoestrogens), which are chemicals found in plants that may mimic the effects of estrogen and relieve menopausal symptoms and menstrual disorders. Licorice may also reduce testosterone levels, which can contribute to hirsutism in women.

A small clinical trial published in 2004 by Armanini and colleagues found that licorice root significantly decreases testosterone levels in healthy female volunteers. Women taking daily licorice root experienced a drop in total testosterone levels after 1 month and testosterone levels returned to normal after discontinuation. It is unclear as to whether licorice root affects free testosterone levels (4). The endocrine effect is thought to be due to phytoestrogens and other chemicals found in licorice root, including the steroid glycyrrhizin and glycyrrhetic acid, which also have a weak anti-androgen effect (5, 6).

4.9. White Peony (Paeonia lactiflora)

Chinese peony is a widely grown ornamental plant with several hundred selected cultivars. Many of the cultivars have double flowers with the stamens modified into additional petals. White peony has been important in traditional Chinese medicine and has been shown to affect human androgen levels in vitro. In a 1991 study in the American Journal of Chinese Medicine Takeuchi et al described the effects of paeoniflorin, a compound found in white peony that inhibited the production of testosterone and promoted the activity of aromatase, which converts testosterone into estrogen (7). To date, there have been no studies that translate or explore the clinical effects.

4.10. Green Tea (Camellia sinensis)

In addition to supporting the cardiovascular system and somewhat reducing the risk of cancer and type 2 diabetes (8), green tea may also have an important anti-androgen effect because it contains epigallocatechins, which inhibit the 5-alpha-reductase conversion of normal testosterone into DHT. As previously noted, this anti-androgen mechanism may help to reduce the risk of BPH, acne, and baldness. As yet, no randomized controlled trials of green tea for these androgen dependent conditions have been conducted.

4.11. Spearmint (Mentha spicata [Labiatae])

Spearmint, usually taken in the form of tea, has been thought for many years to have testosterone reducing properties. It is commonly used in Middle Eastern regions as an herbal remedy for hirsutism in females. Its anti-androgenic properties reduce the level of free testosterone in the blood, while leaving total testosterone and DHEAS unaffected, as demonstrated in a study from Turkey by Akdogan and colleagues, in which 21 females with hirsutism (12 with polycystic ovary syndrome and 9 with idiopathic hirsutism) drank a cup of herbal tea steeped with M. spicata twice daily for 5 days during the follicular phases of their menstrual cycles. After treatment with the spearmint tea, the patients had significant decreases in free testosterone with increases in luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, and estradiol (9). There were no significant decreases in total testosterone or DHEAS levels. This study was followed by a randomized clinical trial by Grant (10), which showed that drinking spearmint tea twice daily for 30 days (vs. chamomile tea, which was used as a control) significantly reduced plasma levels of gonadotropins and androgens in patients with hirsutism associated with polycystic ovarian syndrome. There was a significant change in patients’ self-reported dermatology-related quality of life indices, but no objective change on the Ferriman-Gallwey scale. It is possible that sustained daily use of spearmint tea could result in further abatement of hirsutism.

4.12. Black Cohosh (Actaea racemosa)

Black cohosh (Actaea racemosa) is a plant of the buttercup family. Extracts from these plants are thought to possess analgesic, sedative, and anti-inflammatory properties. Black cohosh preparations (tinctures or tablets of dried materials) are used to treat symptoms associated with menopause, such as hot flashes, although the efficacy has been questioned (11). The inhibitory effects of black cohosh extracts (Cimicifuga syn. Actaea racemosa L.) on the proliferation of human breast cancer cells has been reported recently (12), and Hostsanka. et al (13) have examined the plant’s effects on prostate cancer, another androgen hormone-dependent, epidemiologically important tumor. In that study, the inhibitory effect of an isopropanolic extract of black cohosh (iCR) on cell growth in androgen-sensitive LNCaP and androgen-insensitive PC-3 and DU 145 prostate cancer cells was investigated.

The authors found that regardless of hormone sensitivity, the growth of prostate cancer cells was significantly and dose-dependently down regulated by iCR. At a concentration between 37.1 and 62.7 μg/ml, iCR caused 50% cell growth inhibition in all cell lines after 72h. Increases in the levels of the apoptosis-related M30 antigen of approximately 1.8-, 5.9-, and 5.3-fold over untreated controls were observed in black cohosh-treated PC-3, DU 145, and LNCaP cells, respectively, with the induction of apoptosis being dose- and time-dependent.

Black cohosh extract was therefore shown to kill both androgen-responsive and non-responsive human prostate cancer cells by induction of apoptosis and activation of caspases. This finding suggested that the cells’ hormone responsive status was not a major determinant of the response to the iCR, and indicated that the extract may represent a novel therapeutic approach for the treatment of prostate cancer.

4.13. Chaste Tree (Vitex agnus-castus)

Chaste tree (or chasteberry) is a native of the Mediterranean region and is traditionally used to correct hormone imbalances. In ancient times, it was believed to be an anaphrodisiac, hence the name chaste tree. Clinical studies have demonstrated effectiveness of medications produced from extract of the plant in the management of premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and cyclical mastalgia (14). The mechanism of action is presumed to be via dopaminergic effects resulting in changes of prolactin secretion from the anterior pituitary. At low doses, it blocks the activation of D2 receptors in the brain by competitive binding, causing a slight increase in prolactin release. In higher concentrations, the binding activity is sufficient to reduce the release of prolactin (15).

Reduction in prolactin levels affects FSH and estrogen levels in females and testosterone levels in men. There is as yet no information regarding its efficacy in endocrine disease states such as PCOS, however, one small-scale study has demonstrated this prolactin reducing effect in a group of healthy males, and the implication is that it could be of use in mild hyperprolactinemia (16, 17). One could also theorize that it could be refined for use as a male contraceptive, because testosterone reduction should reduce libido and sperm production. This topic is further explored in a review by Grant & Anawalt (18).

4.14. Saw Palmetto (Serenoa repens)

Saw palmetto is a small palm tree native to eastern regions of the United States. Its extract is believed to be a highly effective anti-androgen as it contains phytoesterols. This has been the subject of a great deal of research with regards to the treatment of BPH (19, 20), androgenic alopecia (21), and PCOS (22). However, controlled trials and other convincing research on its efficacy are still lacking. In the context of BPH, there have been 2 reasonably sized clinical trials that found that saw palmetto extract use showed no difference in comparison to placebo (23, 24). In meta-analyses, it has been shown to be safe and effective in mild to moderate BPH when compared to finasteride, tamsulosin, and placebo (25, 26). However, a more recent meta-analysis showed that it is only superior specifically with regards to the symptom of nocturia (27). Therefore, evidence for its routine use is far from convincing and additional research is necessary to determine its true effectiveness.

http://endometabol.com/?page=article&art...4#tblf2679

That's awesome Peggy,

I know it's not an herb but what do you have on DHEA?, it's something that's been overlooked tbh, but no good if you have PCOS.

I do know that it can enhance the effects of E.

Me, personally I would not take DHEA as I read it can make acne and hair loss worse. Never tried it though.

I found this info (I am sure you read it already) Wink

Quote:DHEA Boosts Estrogen Levels

DHEA replacement therapy is another natural way of replacing estrogen levels diminished by the aging process. DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone) is a precursor to the sex hormones. It is transformed into estrogen and testosterone within the body, all of which are needed at youthful levels to avoid the deterioration of aging. One problem with taking DHEA to replace depleted sex hormones is that the ratio of these hormones converted from DHEA is uncertain. A better way of controlling the amounts of each hormone within your body is to supplement them specifically.

If you do take DHEA, it's important to understand that extra DHEA is likely to increase the levels of all your sex hormones, which may diminish your need for additional supplementation. When going on any type of hormone replacement regimen, it is vitally important for you to be tested regularly under the care of a physician in order to make whatever adjustments are necessary for optimal care.
DHEA And Cancer Risk

The evidence that DHEA may prevent breast cancer is difficult to evaluate. Animal studies have shown that DHEA is very effective in preventing breast cancer, while the human studies have been inconclusive. There are studies showing that DHEA protects against human breast cancer cell proliferation by blocking estrogen receptors on breast cells, yet other studies contradict this finding.

Recent studies in elderly people have found that DHEA supplementation results in overall improvement in their feeling of well being. As a result, the news media have been touting DHEA as "the first fountain of youth drug". It is interesting that DHEA produces the same anti-aging effects attributed to estrogen. It could be that some of the beneficial effects of DHEA are the result of some of the DHEA being converted into youth hormones such as estrogen and testosterone.

We want to reiterate that there are contradictions in the scientific literature regarding hormone replacement therapy and cancer. Of the various hormone replacement therapies women may choose, only melatonin appears to protect against both estrogen dependent and non-estrogen dependent breast cancer. Before discussing melatonin, we'd like to point out that there are foods and nutrients you can take to augment your hormone replacement program and to help protect you against breast (and other types) of cancer.

Source: http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag96/96jan1e.htm

And also this:

Quote:Evidence is inconclusive in regards to the effect of DHEA on strength in the elderly.[10]

In middle-aged men, no statistically significant effect of DHEA supplementation on lean body mass, strength, or testosterone levels was found in a randomized placebo-controlled trial.[11] One large (100 subjects) trial found no effect on strength following DHEA supplementation in the elderly group in the study.[12]

However, a small study suggested DHEA supplementation was associated with increases in free (but not total) testosterone levels.[13]

In postmenopausal women, within a randomized placebo-controlled trial, no statistically significant effect of DHEA supplementation on muscle strength during a 12 week combined endurance and weight training program.[14][15]

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dehydroepiandrosterone

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon