Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Herbs shown to scientifically influence healthy breast tissue

(19-09-2014, 05:03 AM)lovely11 Wrote:  @POM you're welcome.

(18-09-2014, 11:18 PM)iaboy Wrote:  Well, in one way they are sort of right, in the fact that plant derived hormones are somewhat weaker. Why else would some of us use 3000mg of PM when most doctors prescribe like 4 or less milligrams of real estrogen??

Yes, except they believe it doesn't work at all. Doctors don't even have it down for real hormones analogs, since many think surgery is the only answer. Of course they can figure out how to make it work pharmacologically, but they haven't, don't want to or don't believe in it despite clear evidence. The only issue I see is safety, which can be achieved, but biology has a complexity that some don't have confidence in. Many herbs are generally safe, and it's important to use herbs that have anti-tumor properties. I just think the review is considering or reflecting what is commonly told about efficacy.

Isn't it odd that they can prescribe hormones for guys wanting to be like women, but many in the medical community make a claim that nbe doesn't work. Reminds me about how people told Copernicus he was wrong, then case closed.

I think nutrition, pharmacology, and understanding the biological system is the answer.
-----------------------------------------------
AGREED. Thanks again, POM

(19-09-2014, 12:31 PM)danim Wrote:  Lovely11: that articule made me upset. Is it true that phytoestrogens weak our own E ? I dont wanna an early menopausia.

I think that writer didn't do their homework.

It looks like you're referring to this "Perhaps the most important is that phytoestrogens generally act to decrease the estrogen-related functions of the body, rather than increase them. Here’s why: Natural human estrogen exerts its effects in the body by latching on to special sites on cells called estrogen receptors . Phytoestrogens also latch on to estrogen receptors. However, when they do so, they only produce a partial effect. In addition, they block the ability of real estrogen to bind to those receptors. The net effect in women of menstrual age is to reduce the action of estrogen. This may be a very useful effect because, in theory, it could decrease a woman’s chance of developing breast cancer. However, the same line of reasoning suggests that phytoestrogens should decrease breast size, not increase it. " In actuality, some phytohormones block receptors, others add to the function, its on a per basis of each phytochemical.

About early menopause, excessive intake of herbs that increase LH and FSH can cause the release of many eggs, over an extended period it can theoretically cause premature menopause. Another true concern are a few herbs, like (an excessive amount of) clover (that causes "red clover disease"), that shrink the ovaries over time until sterility results. This thread is all about it, 'Hormones and fertility (ovaries, FSH, mint, clover, ZEN, etc)' http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=20978 . Information with sources about fertility can be added there.

(19-09-2014, 01:31 PM)lovely11 Wrote:  
(19-09-2014, 12:31 PM)danim Wrote:  Lovely11: that articule made me upset. Is it true that phytoestrogens weak our own E ? I dont wanna an early menopausia.

I think that writer didn't do their homework.

It looks like you're referring to this "Perhaps the most important is that phytoestrogens generally act to decrease the estrogen-related functions of the body, rather than increase them. Here’s why: Natural human estrogen exerts its effects in the body by latching on to special sites on cells called estrogen receptors . Phytoestrogens also latch on to estrogen receptors. However, when they do so, they only produce a partial effect. In addition, they block the ability of real estrogen to bind to those receptors. The net effect in women of menstrual age is to reduce the action of estrogen. This may be a very useful effect because, in theory, it could decrease a woman’s chance of developing breast cancer. However, the same line of reasoning suggests that phytoestrogens should decrease breast size, not increase it. " In actuality, some phytohormones block receptors, others add to the function, its on a per basis of each phytochemical.

About early menopause, excessive intake of herbs that increase LH and FSH can cause the release of many eggs, over an extended period it can theoretically cause premature menopause. Another true concern are a few herbs, like (an excessive amount of) clover (that causes "red clover disease"), that shrink the ovaries over time until sterility results. This thread is all about it, 'Hormones and fertility (ovaries, FSH, mint, clover, ZEN, etc)' http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=20978 . Information with sources about fertility can be added there.

Thanks Lovely

yw

Hops reduces estrogens. Hops beer was able to reduce aromatase synthesis activity, but no direct effect of hops on aromatase shown. Effect of hop (Humulus lupulus L.) flavonoids on aromatase (Estrogen synthase) activity

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon