Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Caffeine and breast growth

Hey all,

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I've been hearing that caffeine isn't good if you're trying to do NBE but I can't find any specifics about this..it's just something mentioned here and there in other peoples' posts. Is this true? If it is true, then how much caffeine is too much? Is one cup of coffee a day too much?

Thanks for you're helpSmile

http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=7473&highlight=coffee

I'm not sure if caffeine interacts directly with breast receptors, but it is known to cause general weight loss, which could affect the breasts.

I haven't found it, but I suspect coffee is androgenic. Velvet bean is androgenic for sure. According to that link, coffee reduces breast cancer risk.

As for tea, either it's its caffeine content or it's EGCG which works against Estogen Receptor-alpha. Most believe that tea causes shrinkage. EGCG makes ER-alpha more sensitive, but I'm unsure if shrinkage is because of caffeine, or because it also works against ER-alpha, while sensitizing it. Green tea, however, is a great tumor/cancer fighter/preventer because of its properties. Green tea can possibly help by making other herbs more effective, but too much won't help.

Hot peppers may cause shrinkage due to capsaicin, which causes weight loss, but unsure of which receptors it affects.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2574428/ 'Caffeine Consumption and Risk of Breast Cancer in a Large Prospective Cohort of Women' : "Comment" section

It tells about caffeine's effect of other hormones, but it seems it only talks about its effects on cancerous tissue. It is inconclusive whether caffeine on its own.

"consumption of herbal tea was significantly associated with a reduced risk of breast cancer.51"

"The mechanisms by which caffeine may affect breast carcinogenesis are complex and remain unclear. Caffeine has been reported to suppress [tumor] cell cycle and proliferation and induce apoptosis.52 Caffeine also has been positively associated with blood levels of estrone53 and sex hormone-binding globulin,53–55 but negatively associated with plasma free estradiol.55 Caffeine and coffee can both stimulate and suppress the development of mammary tumors, depending on the phases of tumorigenesis (initiation/promotion) when caffeine and coffee are administered in rodents.2, 56 Caffeine is a known antagonist of the adenosine receptor.2, 57 Adenosine, an endogenous bioactive substance, exerts its diverse biologic effects through the activation of specific cell surface adenosine receptor.57 In breast cancer cell lines, high concentrations of adenosine inhibited cell growth and induced cell cycle arrest at G2-M phase, but had no effect on ERα levels,58 suggesting that, through antagonism of adenosine receptor, caffeine might be able to stimulate breast cell proliferation independent of ERα pathway."

Caffeine raises human estrone, which has carcinogenic properties.

It then suggests that caffeine lowers Estrogen and Progesterone related cancers, but might increase risk of non-hormonal cancers. Then after that it says a study found no evidence of that. There are also inconclusive results on caffeine's effect on existing benign tumors, on whether they can become cancerous.

Personally, I've been drinking tea and coffee ( can't function at work without it) throughout my NBE routine and have made and maintained steady gains. Everyone has unique body chemistry.
Wink 

Thanks for all the replies to my post..I'm in grad school right now and I think cutting out caffeine entirely probably would push me right over the edge of sanity..it's the one thing that drags my butt out of bed in the morning, lol! I've been able to reduce my consumption of it though to one mug in the morning.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon