Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Can't search in forums for 2-character words like PM, FG, SP, etc.

I've been looking for specific threads containing the abbreviated versions of certain words but they are generally 2 characters long and the forum's search functionality doesn't work with words less than 3 characters long. Most posts that use the abbreviations don't spell out the words so searching for the long versions doesn't find all the threads.

Is there a way to configure the search function to search on 2-character words or alias them somehow? I've scanned the MyBB support site and it looks like changing the minimum search word length to 2 may help, but I'm not familiar with this board to say for sure.

I think it would help the site to be able to search for these abbreviations if at all possible. I'm available to help test changes or just about anything else if needed.

Thanks!

Forum - NBE Glossary

lovely, thanks for the reply! I am familiar with the glossary and our standard abbreviations and we are pretty good at using them here. My problem is that when I want to search for threads that contain the 2-character abbreviations only and not the completely spelled out term, the search engine won't search for them because the word(s) are too short. It wants search terms at least 3 characters long. For example, I can't search for 'PM' or 'PM and FG'. (I can search for 'NBE' or 'PSO' since they are 3 characters long.)

Sorry my original post wasn't more clear.

-KelliAnne

Some forums will let you cheat , ie: pm* or fg* . unfortunately, this forum does not.

Try using Google advanced search, limiting results to those in BN.

Candace, thank you for the advanced search suggestion. It works great! I wish I would get the search term highlighting like the forum search provides, but beggars can't be choosers...

I've used your suggestion many times now.

-KelliAnne

some search engines do highlight. Others say they highlight it, but they don't always do it, bc they're buggy. It was either Duckduckgo, startpage, or ixquick that highlights. Their results aren't as current as google's.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon