Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Natural ways to increase progesterone

Hey.
Well I suspect that I am probably Low in pro vs estrogen.
I can only speculate on my scenario and yes I did balance back out once off the herbs. Who's to say what damage they may/not do to your hormone balance long term though.
Natureday will probably tell you that you will be fine but of course they will ya know. It's up to you to take the risk.
Wish there was a simple solution for all of us! Blush

(22-10-2014, 06:17 PM)djt-d Wrote:  SurferJoe - Thank you. However, please, what are phytoestrogens, what do they do? (sorry but I don't know anything about herbs, I'm just learning). Sorry, just to clarify for me - From your earlier post, are ALL the weak phytoestrogens just fenugreek, shatavari, goat's rue and wild yam. And can I take them now, at 2-25g, whilst my progesterone is low?
Fenugreek, shatavari, goat's rue and wild yam contain steroidal saponins that probably increase sensitivity to all your hormones. They are balancing if anything regardless of what is low and you may take them now at 2-25+g. They are weak at the low end of that range but they can be quite strong at the higher end. And even then they'll balance you out even more not imbalance you. Extracts, sprouts or tea can be helpful for stomaching larger amounts.

There are many many phytoestrogens but a couple common weak ones include red clover and ground flax seeds. I suggest using them after raising your progesterone because even after you even out your hormones you'll have normall progesterone not high progesterone. Or a low dose of stronger phytoestrogens like 100 mg PM or ~1,000 mg hops will be fine too. A 100% progestin birth control like Mirena would provide a progesterone effect and let you use more phytoestrogens.

Natureday is a combination of phytoestrogens, anti-testosterones and steroidal saponins. There are many redundant ingredients that all do one of those 3 things so they can pad their label and look sophisticated. It seems ok, better than many products, but you could get something better and cheaper from buying your own herbs. Regardless I wouldn't use it yet due to the phytoestrogens.

Sorry I haven't replied earlier, but we've been away for a long weekend for the school holidays, but thank you Ellacraig and SurferJoe.

Okay, I'm going to take Vitamin C & B6 for 6 months to try and raise my progesterone, and I'll also look at taking fenugreek, shatavari, goat's rue and wild yam (just 3 as suggested), starting at about 2g and build up to 25g.

SurferJoe - I'm a bit confused though - you say I can take fenugreek, shatavari, goat's rue and wild yam now at 2-25g, but you say not to take ND yet due to the phytoestrogens, but I thought fenugreek, shatavari, goat's rue and wild yam were in ND; along with a few redundant ingredients. So why can I take these now, but not ND? (apologies if I have misunderstood you).

Also, you mention red clover and ground flax seeds and suggest using them after raising my progesterone (having high progesterone as opposed to just balanced out). How would I get high progesterone? - would I keep taking the Vit C at the 750mg dose for a few more extra months? Also, I take it that it is okay to have high progesterone, especially for breast growth?

Thank you

The FG, WY, GR and/or shat in ND are fine but some of the other ingredients in ND are phytoestrogens which are not fine yet.

Eating healthy such as bran should let your body fix itself and it will want to have progesterone and estrogen balanced.

More progesterone is better yes. All of the above creates balance not excess so you won't have too much. But even if you did you'd simply have to use more phytoestrogens. You can only have too much estrogen relative to progesterone and vis versa. If both are high then that's the goal and the main cause of breast growth.

Thank you Surferjoe, you've been a great help, and I do appreciate all the help you have given meSmile

Thank you

I've been doing more research, and found out that Vitamin B6 helps balance hormones, so I'm wondering whether this would be a good thing to take to help raise my progesterone levels. Can anyone tell me what you think?

I've read on this website below that B6 raises levels of the hormone progesterone, although I need to research further to see if it is confirmed elsewhere.

If anyone could give any input on whether I should add B6 to help please let me know. Thank you.

http://wholehealthchicago.com/757/vitamin-b6/

(12-03-2015, 10:11 PM)djt-d Wrote:  If anyone could give any input on whether I should add B6 to help please let me know. Thank you

Hey there djt lady, Peggy posted some fine research here!, take a look.

(21-02-2015, 06:52 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Supplements that can Damage the Liver

Experts warn that some herbal and dietary supplements have side effects, especially when taken in large doses or if they are taken for long periods. Research shows that almost 20% of all liver injuries recorded from 2003-2011 are associated with chronic intake of certain herbal and dietary supplements.
http://www.naturalliverdetox.net/dietary...-the-liver

What's not listed is the amounts of pesticides and heavy metals, I've only seen one report on PM and stated the amounts. Although it wasn't toxic amounts, but when you consider how we ramp up our dosages of PM it then should be examined.

Balance, when we experience toxic liver systems it's time to back off, eg. cycle, or detox. Adding in a safe guards like a natural sources of progesterone (like Peggy listed below) its protection you can't afford to miss:

(02-01-2015, 09:14 PM)peggy Wrote:  I too want to increase my progesterone level, but naturally. I just found this website and thought I could post it here:

These methods have been shown effective for increasing progesterone levels:

* 750 mg vitamin C per day (increased progesterone 77% and improved fertility)
* 600 mg vitamin E (increased progesterone in 67% of patients)
* 6 g L-arginine (increased progesterone in 71% of patients)
* Increasing beta carotene (boosts progesterone levels in dogs and goats)
* Increasing vitamin B6
* Supplementing with Vitex Agnus Castus (increases progesterone and fertility)
* 120 mg Black Cohosh on days 1 to 12 (increases progesterone and fertility)
* Supplementing with selenium
* Consuming dairy products (shown to raise progesterone in men)
* Weight loss
* Avoiding overeating
* Improving insulin sensitivity (metformin increases progesterone levels 246%)
* Replacing saturated fat in the diet with unsaturated fat
* 80mg progesterone cream (shown to be as effective as 200 mg oral progesterone prescription)
* Eating a high protein, low carbohydrate diet
* Lowering TSH levels in subclinical hypothyroidism

https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriag...ogesterone

I am already taking Vitamin C (1000mg), Selenium and a vitamin B complex since a long time. I dont think these vitamins help to increase my progesterone level. :-/

Vitamin E, L-Arginine and black cohosh sounds interesting though. Ella, if you remember I took black cohosh last year, but only 40mg per day. Maybe I should give it another chance from day 1-12 next cycle. What do you think?

Thank you Lotus.

I'm currently taking 750mg of Vitamin C, so this alone should be okay. Im going to look into multivitamins and see how much B6 is in them for added help to balance my hormones overall, and the rest of the vits for a better nutrition to aid breast growth.Smile Thank you

Hi djt an iodine supp might help with balancing your hormones, thyroid support is pretty much the only thing the body that uses it && also any adaptogens, maca ashwaganda are amazing for the hormone, I believe because your thyroid is homecentre for much of the body's many hormone controls and adaptogens can attach anywhere needed not exclusive to sex hormones adding a few of those might really help!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon