Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Natural DHT blockers? Hair short yet I lose about 100 hairs a day!

Bug 

i've had a problem with hair loss for about 4 years now, my drain is also ways clogged with my hair even now when its short and i shouldnt be losing more than a 5p coin size ball of hair for hair this short.
i heard licorice root is good, and im going to buy this in stick form and soak in boiling water and drink everyday, but what else can i eat/take/drink to block DHT in the hair follicles? replies are much appreciated Shy

(01-12-2014, 09:12 AM)foxy_princess Wrote:  i've had a problem with hair loss for about 4 years now, my drain is also ways clogged with my hair even now when its short and i shouldnt be losing more than a 5p coin size ball of hair for hair this short.
i heard licorice root is good, and im going to buy this in stick form and soak in boiling water and drink everyday, but what else can i eat/take/drink to block DHT in the hair follicles? replies are much appreciated Shy

Try pumpkin seed oil. As for the licorice in stick form, if its the candy type you are talking about that's not going to work. You need DLG licorice in tablet form, even then taking too much for too long is bad for you. The pumpkin seed oil capsules are going to be your best bet.

(01-12-2014, 11:06 AM)Janet doe Wrote:  
(01-12-2014, 09:12 AM)foxy_princess Wrote:  i've had a problem with hair loss for about 4 years now, my drain is also ways clogged with my hair even now when its short and i shouldnt be losing more than a 5p coin size ball of hair for hair this short.

Try pumpkin seed oil. As for the licorice in stick form, if its the candy type you are talking about that's not going to work. You need DLG licorice in tablet form, even then taking too much for too long is bad for you. The pumpkin seed oil capsules are going to be your best bet.

Noo never candy form. Candy form is gross. I wanted to use the natural root sticks in my teas but it is bad after a while. Can i eat regular pumpkin seeds or buy the actual oil of the pumpkin seed and cook my meals witg it? I absolutely hate having to remember to take tablets. I also read that green tea is a good DHT blocker and also nettle (might try nettle juice in my hair oil mixtures)

(02-12-2014, 06:46 AM)foxy_princess Wrote:  
(01-12-2014, 11:06 AM)Janet doe Wrote:  

Noo never candy form. Candy form is gross. I wanted to use the natural root sticks in my teas but it is bad after a while. Can i eat regular pumpkin seeds or buy the actual oil of the pumpkin seed and cook my meals witg it? I absolutely hate having to remember to take tablets. I also read that green tea is a good DHT blocker and also nettle (might try nettle juice in my hair oil mixtures)

Too be honest I have never seen the seed oil in bottles, and I'm not sure if it is an actual cooking oil ( maybe a quick google search? ). I never forget to take the tabs, if you get into taking them the same time every day, it becomes a habit fairly quickly.

The internet ate my first reply. Rolleyes

I take Saw Palmetto with Pumpkin Seed Oil, Spearmint Capsules, and enteric coated Peppermint capsules. All block DHT. I also take Evening Primrose Oil, a skin/hair combo supplement with biotin, silica, msm, vit a, d, b's, etc, and supplement with calcium and magnesium. I've stopped shedding and have awkward, beautiful little baby hairs.

Topically Nizoral OTC dandruff shampoo blocks DHT. I found it heavily perfumed and drying, so follow with a good conditioner if you try it. I'm not using it anymore but people seem to have luck with it. I've been alternating my regular shampoo and conditioner with ones that have peppermint oil. I wouldn't use it daily. Peppermint oil is strong and can be drying too.

Reishi mushroom supplements also block DHT, help with stress, and are anti-inflammatory. I haven't tried them yet.

i use this shampoo https://www.purador.com/gold-label-organ...ss-shampoo i really like it. i usually massage a bit of coconut oil onto my hair at least 30 minutes or so before or sometimes before bedtime and in the morning, when i shampoo it feels so creamy. leave on for a couple of minutes before rinsing out. afterward, i don’t use a rinse out conditioner, i'll rinse with diluted apple cider vinegar, leave for a minute or two, then rinse with warm water ..i use a leave-in conditioner by nubian heritage called honey & black seed.

also, i came across this site one day while researching apple polyphenols. i found it interesting. i already have a 0.5mm needle derma roller. http://www.hairlossrevolution.com/clean-scalp/ i especially like the idea of detox and eating more raw foods for scalp health but i never really thought of the derma roller to stimulate scalp hair regrowth until i read this article. apple polyphenols have been found to improve hair thickness and in other ways, too. http://applepolyphenols.com/studies/hairgrowth.htm hope you find this stuff interesting. i've kinda been into the idea of live enzymes and plant hormones and a million other compounds that occur in living plants ...mostly to stay young forever and love and dance and sing and be lucid and happy until one night, poof !!! ..i die in my sleep and end up having weird sex with an alien in another galaxy. Tongue peggy is a good resource for this stuff. http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=23903

Beta sitosterol is dirt-cheap and has a half-life in the body of several days (Table 1), so taking it once a day keeps you protected full time. 60 mg/day works for treating an enlarged prostate, so it looks like you just need a low dose.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon