Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hormonal test Results! Thoughts Needed!

(13-12-2014, 03:08 AM)Lotus Wrote:   Lignans are similar to the female hormone estrogen - so similar, in fact, that they compete with estrogen for a part in certain chemical reactions. As a result, natural estrogens seem to become less powerful in the body. Some researchers believe that lignans may be able to slow down the progress of certain breast cancers and other types of cancers that need estrogen to thrive.

Although phytoestrogens can also bind to estrogen receptors, their estrogenic activity is much weaker than endogenous estrogens, and they may actually block or antagonize the effects of estrogen in some tissues

Thank you so much for sharing these infos and for your devotion on searching Smile
If i understand, apart of flaxseeds having lignans that are aromatase inhibitors, other phytoestrogens can act like anti-estrogens. So what would you suggest for someone with low levels of estrogen? (wich seems to be my case and with high prolactin, low dhea, high FSH..) Having in mind that phytoestrogens can actually be antagonizing the process.

So the way is to take advantage of our own testosterone with pro-aromatase herbs? White peony and pumpkinseed oil are the ones and left aside spearmint that reduce free testosterone?!

"Several hormones, including estrogens, progesterone, androgens, prolactin, sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) (17), and IGF-1 (18), have been related to an increase or decrease in breast cancer risk. Concentrations of follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone increase during puberty, and thus are necessary for mammary gland development (3). Estrogens (17/3-estradiol being the most potent) increase cell proliferation in the mammary epithelium; progesterone causes alveolar cell growth of the epithelium after estrogen-primed breast cell proliferation and differentiation; prolactin stimulates and maintains lactation in the estrogen-primed breast (19); and IGF-1 stimulates a mitogenic response in mammary epithelial cells and causes cell proliferation (20). Androgens, on the other hand, depress mammary cell growth (19)."

"Among present oral contraceptive users, larger breast sizes were significantly associated with higher prolactin and luteinizing hormone levels and lower follicle-stimulating hormone levels during cycle days 5-10. During cycle days 18-23, breast size correlated with a low level of endogenous progesterone.

In nonusers, the constitutional parameters body mass index, height, and weight were significantly positively correlated with breast size. Among the nonusers, the strongest hormonal determinant of breast size during the follicular phase was IGF-1. In the luteal phase, both high 17/3-estradiol and high progesterone

Among nonusers in the multivariate models, luteinizing hormone showed a positive relation to breast size, and follicle-stimulating hormone showed a negative relation. In the univariate correlation models, it appeared that follicle-stimulating hormone works in opposite directions in relation to breast size among former and never users.

High prolactin levels during cycle days 5-10 and low endogenous progesterone levels during cycle days 18-23 were related to larger breast sizes among current users. This could imply that women who are especially sensitive to the synthetic estradiol and progestin in oral contraceptives react with a larger increase in prolactin levels and a larger decrease in endogenous progesterone levels than other women. If this subgroup of women shows a more pronounced reaction regarding changes in their hormone levels, they may also react with a more pronounced increase in breast size. The relation between a low progesterone level and large breast volume could suggest that oral contraceptives containing primarily progestin increase breast volume more, since women in this study used low dose oral contraceptives."

http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/145/7/571.long

After reading this article i'm a bit confuse right now. The study correlated breast size, the use of oral contraceptives, hormones in menstrual cycle and body mass index.
From what i understand..

In oral contraceptive users
Larger breast sizes = 5-10 days cycle - higher prolactin and luteinizing hormone + lower follicle-stimulating hormone. 18-23 days - low level of endogenous progesterone.

In non users or former users
Larger breast sizes = body mass index + 5-10 days - high IGF-1. 18 -23 days - both high 17/3-estradiol and high progesterone + luteinizing hormone showed a positive relation to breast size, and follicle-stimulating hormone showed a negative relation.

But then this conclusion that i can't understand the meaning for oral contraceptive users?!?
"The relation between a low progesterone level (18-23days) and large breast volume could suggest that oral contraceptives containing primarily progestin increase breast volume more, since women in this study used low dose oral contraceptives."
(In this study, women that are current users of oral contraceptives have larger breast sizes)

So what can we take from this study for NBE? Women with low progesterone during luteal phase and high prolactin and lower FSH during follicular phase, and using oral contraceptives have bigger breasts?! And in nonuser women with high high IGF-1 during follicular phase and high estradiol and progesterone in luteal phase have bigger breats?! Luteinizing hormone showed a positive relation to breast size, and follicle-stimulating hormone showed a negative relation.

And about coconut oil Lotus, in this link that you've posted, says that coconut oil is also an aromatose inhibitor :/
http://anabolicmen.com/anti-estrogenic-foods/

It also says that maca boosts testosterone but in some inconclusive way, cause you open other linked article on the page and you can find that the studies found that maca increase libido but not via increased testosterone levels but through some other pathway.

Odile, (got it right this time) Smile

I think you're missing the point, which is you need balance. Some healthy Fats inhibit aromatase which is ok in the long run for the following reason: (you can't dump endless amounts of phytoestrogens or pharma (bcp) into your system without causing additional health risks, e.g. Breast Cancer, DVT, IBS. Etc). We get enough Xenoestrogens on a daily basis which throws that balance off. My choice of dietary oils is coconut oil, which in case you missed the health benefits links I provided I'll list them again. You should also research how plant sterols interacts with phytoestrogens and metabolism.

Increased SHBG can tie up total testosterone, making less available. Hey nobody said this was easy, in fact, the more you learn you'll find conflicting research and published studies, which will end up causing more confusion. Now I'm confused why you mention bcp?, are you considering adding it?.

Organic coconut oil
https://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oil...t-oil.html

Info on oils:
http://forum.a1supplements.com/content.p...stosterone

Coconut oil is high in MMCFA's which helps in keeping your hormones in balance and promotes weight loss. I just up my WP when I take C.O., it seems there's always a trade off that needs to be addressed when supplementing, certain medications come to mind which can up/down-regulate other med's and supplements, I'll give some alarming info on what I mean asap. Smile

Also this:

Aromatase Inhibiting Foods and Herbs
http://drjockers.com/2013/07/aromatase-i...and-herbs/

(14-12-2014, 09:42 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Odile, (got it right this time) Smile

I think you're missing the point, which is you need balance. Some healthy Fats inhibit aromatase which is ok in the long run for the following reason: (you can't dump endless amounts of phytoestrogens or pharma (bcp) into your system without causing additional health risks, e.g. Breast Cancer, DVT, IBS. Etc). We get enough Xenoestrogens on a daily basis which throws that balance off. My choice of dietary oils is coconut oil, which in case you missed the health benefits links I provided I'll list them again. You should also research how plant sterols interacts with phytoestrogens and metabolism.

Increased SHBG can tie up total testosterone, making less available. Hey nobody said this was easy, in fact, the more you learn you'll find conflicting research and published studies, which will end up causing more confusion. Now I'm confused why you mention bcp?, are you considering adding it?.

Organic coconut oil
https://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oil...t-oil.html

Info on oils:
http://forum.a1supplements.com/content.p...stosterone

Coconut oil is high in MMCFA's which helps in keeping your hormones in balance and promotes weight loss. I just up my WP when I take C.O., it seems there's always a trade off that needs to be addressed when supplementing, certain medications come to mind which can up/down-regulate other med's and supplements, I'll give some alarming info on what I mean asap. Smile

Also this:

Aromatase Inhibiting Foods and Herbs
http://drjockers.com/2013/07/aromatase-i...and-herbs/
Coconut Oil is also supposed to be good for your hair AND it helps improve your memory AND CURE Alzheimer's!!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon