Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

People who use Progesterone Cream - Please come in!

(04-01-2015, 01:29 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Dr Mercola advocates it's use this way. There is a risk of infection if your not completely hygienic when you apply it if you know what I mean :s

I imagine you would have to look for one that didn't have any additives, and even then I'd still be worried about changing the pH up there. I don't know if infections would be worth it...

(04-01-2015, 01:35 AM)prettylily Wrote:  
(04-01-2015, 01:29 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Dr Mercola advocates it's use this way. There is a risk of infection if your not completely hygienic when you apply it if you know what I mean :s

I imagine you would have to look for one that didn't have any additives, and even then I'd still be worried about changing the pH up there. I don't know if infections would be worth it...

yes I think that was part of the problem . That said he's pretty well informed. If you google the article a lot of people make useful comments under the article too.
It seems to be a viable delivery method. I won't put anything down that area personally but that's just me Shy

(04-01-2015, 01:39 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  yes I think that was part of the problem . That said he's pretty well informed. If you google the article a lot of people make useful comments under the article too.
It seems to be a viable delivery method. I won't put anything down that area personally but that's just me Shy

Is it the article Lotus linked? I looked over it and he mentions that men could apply it anally. Which is gross, but might circumvent the infections issue. Dodgy Meh, I think if I try it, I'll just stick with wrists and elbows.

(04-01-2015, 01:45 AM)prettylily Wrote:  
(04-01-2015, 01:39 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  yes I think that was part of the problem . That said he's pretty well informed. If you google the article a lot of people make useful comments under the article too.

Is it the article Lotus linked? I looked over it and he mentions that men could apply it anally. Which is gross, but might circumvent the infections issue. Dodgy Meh, I think if I try it, I'll just stick with wrists and elbows.
I haven't read Lotus article but briefed over it and it made me think of how I'd just read Dr Mercola thoughts on it and why he's for it.
I'm not going to use at all now after a bad reaction last night. Il try more natural methods to boost progesterone now.

(04-01-2015, 01:48 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  I haven't read Lotus article but briefed over it and it made me think of how I'd just read Dr Mercola thoughts on it and why he's for it.
I'm not going to use at all now after a bad reaction last night. Il try more natural methods to boost progesterone now.

I saw you mentioned the shortness of breath. I've had that happen before, and it's always kinda scary. I hope you feel better!

(04-01-2015, 01:56 AM)prettylily Wrote:  
(04-01-2015, 01:48 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  I haven't read Lotus article but briefed over it and it made me think of how I'd just read Dr Mercola thoughts on it and why he's for it.

I saw you mentioned the shortness of breath. I've had that happen before, and it's always kinda scary. I hope you feel better!

thanks pretty. Yes it was quite frankly terrifying. I should have posted it up here. But now I have and as I was also sensitive to higher dose maca it seems strong hormonal things just aren't for me. Thanks again though.

where do you get progesterone cream from? Is it natural or chemical?

(13-01-2015, 10:04 PM)ruch Wrote:  where do you get progesterone cream from? Is it natural or chemical?

Look for bio identical pc cream without synthetic preservatives etc if you can find it derived from wild yam and not soy.

That said it didnt agree with me and i wouldnt use it unless you kbow you need it.

Just my 2c worth. Others might know where to source it.

(13-01-2015, 10:08 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(13-01-2015, 10:04 PM)ruch Wrote:  where do you get progesterone cream from? Is it natural or chemical?

Look for bio identical pc cream without synthetic preservatives etc if you can find it derived from wild yam and not soy.

That said it didnt agree with me and i wouldnt use it unless you kbow you need it.

sounds like what you experienced could be a cortisol thing. I'm not sure if USP progesterone is converted into cortisol as progesterone made in your body, but from what I can tell, yes it is.

you might be right to look into alternative means of raising progesterone, on top of that I would start taking herbs and making lifestyle changes to reduce stress and cortisol levels.

http://www.cbn.com/health/nutrition/DrLen_051507.aspx

Quote:The word progesterone means “for gestation,” which means that women, you need this hormone in its right balance if you want be become pregnant and stay pregnant. Progesterone nourishes the uterine lining in preparation of the implanted fertilized egg. It is progesterone that continually feeds and nourishes the uterus during pregnancy. Unfortunately, constant stress causes a decrease in your progesterone levels.

When you are constantly in that “fight or flight” mode because of stress, your adrenal glands will produce additional cortisol and adrenaline. This is a normal bio-chemical process. The problem is that in order to make cortisol, your adrenal glands need progesterone. This causes your progesterone to be used in making your stress hormones, as opposed to what it is designed to do —support your pregnancy.

The adrenal glands cannot make cortisol without progesterone. Often referred to as the ‘progesterone steal,’ your body will steal however much progesterone it needs to make cortisol.

from what I remember, cortisol can be elevated by a lack of sleep, poor diet and low insulin sensitivity, excess stimulants and caffeine, smoking, too much high intensity exercise, alcohol, and so on.

also I'm not sure I agree with using the cream internally, the ecosystem down there is very delicate and the creams contain other ingredients besides progesterone... maybe someone has had a good experience?

(16-01-2015, 05:22 AM)anyover88 Wrote:  
(13-01-2015, 10:08 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  

sounds like what you experienced could be a cortisol thing. I'm not sure if USP progesterone is converted into cortisol as progesterone made in your body, but from what I can tell, yes it is.

you might be right to look into alternative means of raising progesterone, on top of that I would start taking herbs and making lifestyle changes to reduce stress and cortisol levels.

http://www.cbn.com/health/nutrition/DrLen_051507.aspx

Quote:The word progesterone means “for gestation,” which means that women, you need this hormone in its right balance if you want be become pregnant and stay pregnant. Progesterone nourishes the uterine lining in preparation of the implanted fertilized egg. It is progesterone that continually feeds and nourishes the uterus during pregnancy. Unfortunately, constant stress causes a decrease in your progesterone levels.

When you are constantly in that “fight or flight” mode because of stress, your adrenal glands will produce additional cortisol and adrenaline. This is a normal bio-chemical process. The problem is that in order to make cortisol, your adrenal glands need progesterone. This causes your progesterone to be used in making your stress hormones, as opposed to what it is designed to do —support your pregnancy.

The adrenal glands cannot make cortisol without progesterone. Often referred to as the ‘progesterone steal,’ your body will steal however much progesterone it needs to make cortisol.

from what I remember, cortisol can be elevated by a lack of sleep, poor diet and low insulin sensitivity, excess stimulants and caffeine, smoking, too much high intensity exercise, alcohol, and so on.

also I'm not sure I agree with using the cream internally, the ecosystem down there is very delicate and the creams contain other ingredients besides progesterone... maybe someone has had a good experience?

How do u address inaulin sensitvity? And yes i am highly stressed and cant seem to level it out. I suspect high cortisol Sad

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon