Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What kind off birth control do you prefer?Need opinions!

Hi there

I am very confused about what birth control I should take and i'm facing a real dillema over here and wonder how other women think about this.. I'm personally afraid off the birth controll pills because with all the 5 pills I tried only with one I was free off side effects and that one caused deaths recently...Also i smoke, so combining this risk with trombosis off bcp makes me scared. And then you have these androgen based pills, lets not talk about that. Are there any good pills out there?

As I like too keep things natural i tried the ladycomp(measuring temp) but my temperature is very irregular so it doesn't work out for me. At this moment I am considering a mirena or a copper spiral so experiences on that would also be welcome.
With the copper spiral I'm afraid it will damage my uturus or give me excessive blood flow and cramps. Maybe you guys can help me out off the confusion a bit and share any experience or advise about birth controll.. I'll need itBlush Thank youWink

Don't take bcp if you smoke! I'm on marvelon which seems fine, I don't take breaks and don't notice any side effects. I tried the copper coil and I'll just say - if you're small/ skinny like me I'd avoid it! It was a terrible and painful experience, I was bloated with cramps most days and periods were agonising. They said it was perhaps because I was too small for the smallest size (I'm 5'6, 24'' waist, 50-55kg) Apparently the copper can increase oestrogen too so it's not totally hormonally neutral.

I think progesterone BC is recommended for smokers, but I think you should talk with your doctor.

My doctor thinks everything is alright even the bcp while smoking. I dont have the time for a proper reply atm so i come back here asap.. i've been searching for prog. birth cont. bbut can only find injections, is that correct if you know or are there prog. bcp as well?
Wizzi: thanks for the info.did not knew that from the copper spiral!
I'll be back here

There are progesterone only pills. I think the mini pill is one.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_birth-contro...1472113.bc

Thank you Lily! I like the idea off only progesterone better then taking a regular pil with estrogen. But still i prefer too go hormone free or at least take as less as possible..
Are there more experiences with the copper spiral on here?

No positive experiences with the copper spiral?
Or smokers who use a certain kind off bcp?
I'm having a hard time making choices lately, for me it feels like al birth controll methods out there are only negative for our body's..
I heard so many negative story's about the copper spiral that for now a progesteron bc might be my best option..

I have a copper iud and I LOVE IT. It doesn't release any hormones, the copper kills the sperm, and I can have it in for up to 10 years! . Note, I would only suggest the copper IUD not the mirena, the mirena gave me the absolute worst skin problems, deep cystic acne and I never got those before the mirena. I haven't had a single issue with the copper iud, besides one time that the fishing line strings "poked" my partner, that only happened once though and I am steadily sexually active

(16-02-2015, 10:11 PM)Bambii Wrote:  I have a copper iud and I LOVE IT. It doesn't release any hormones, the copper kills the sperm, and I can have it in for up to 10 years! . Note, I would only suggest the copper IUD not the mirena, the mirena gave me the absolute worst skin problems, deep cystic acne and I never got those before the mirena. I haven't had a single issue with the copper iud, besides one time that the fishing line strings "poked" my partner, that only happened once though and I am steadily sexually active

I second the no mirena thing. I bled for three months straight and ever since I cramp all the time even though I stopped having periods. Sex also causes cramping. My sex drive has dipped too which is driving me nuts... Also PM reacted badly with it.

hey love-- be careful with BCP, it can cause a lot of issues. Are you using it for NBE? I did a lot of research on the best bc and it gave me a horrible reaction, after just 2 pills I had to stop taking it! mine was Ortho Tri Cyclen, its one of the lowest androgenic pills out there, its said to keep your skin clear, cause breast swelling and not really make you depressed. But the tricky thing is everyone is different, so you wont know until you try one. I heard yaz was good too (I was looking into pills that wouldnt mess with my skin and help my boobies :p) but too many stories on depression so I didnt want to mess with that..

I would advise you not to go on BCP if you smoke, it can cause blood clots and you have a higher risk of stroke and health complications Sad

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon