Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM and blood clots

Has anyone experienced or known of someone who has gotten a blood clot from the use of PM? I am asking because I have had a blood clot in the past and since starting PM am having some symptoms that I am concerned with...Thanks for any info you may be able to offer...smooches

I took 4 pm pills per day for about 2 months last year. Then I felt pain in my lower legs, doctor says some clot formed there. I have never had such syndrome before, so i quit pm for good.
Not heard others with this problem, perhaps people differs.....Hope my exp helps.

(30-01-2015, 06:38 AM)krystal3838 Wrote:  Has anyone experienced or known of someone who has gotten a blood clot from the use of PM? I am asking because I have had a blood clot in the past and since starting PM am having some symptoms that I am concerned with...Thanks for any info you may be able to offer...smooches

Jeez.....I hope not! Best you should go get it checked out!!!!

Thanks so much for the info...I do plan on going into my Dr. and check it out...When I did have the blood clot, it did do some collateral damage to some of the other veins in the calf, so I am hoping that this is just that...We need to be careful when we use phytoestrogens as strong as PM...I hope that it is not that as I am loving the feeling of using it and what it is doing for my boobs...Be safe...smooches

Krystal,

I want to share this info that was posted a couple weeks ago, not so surprising, but you wouldn't be the first to suffer leg pain from PM, that includes phytoestrogens too.

-------------------------

Studies in male-to-female transsexuals have shown that both flow-mediated and nitroglycerin-induced vasodilations in the brachial artery are enhanced compared with control men, suggesting that high-dose estrogen treatment enhances vascular reactivity in genetic males.

Low-Dose Estrogen Supplementation Improves Vascular Function in Hypogonadal Men
http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/38/5/1011.full

There might be a correlation to vasoconstriction and increased levels of estradiol, (more so in genetic males). PM is the closest to E2 by as much as 25%, so when dosages exceed the normal amounts, one has to associate the elevated risk in comparison.

How does this relate?, some supplements slow clotting, blood sugars, and * nitric oxide levels, hrt meds carry risks too. You'll hear endo's or doc's in general advising lose dose aspirin to prevent clotting and the fact that it reduces the risk of DVT. I'm glad to hear a trip to the doc is planned, a wise decision, I hope/pray no damage was caused.

Again, the fact that this and many other issues keeps surfacing suggests an alarming pattern. As a group we should hear more about stopping the suggestion of "Ramping Up" is somehow a recommended practice or good idea. I fell victim to this practice and hurt myself on a few occasions requiring immediate medical attention and surgeries.

Everyone reacts differently, however putting the liver and other vital organs in a toxic state for the coveted prize of increasing the bust is a bad idea on so many levels.

Please, let's stop suggesting that anything above 1500 mg of PM is safe. I recently had a pharmacist (Thailand) inform me that PM shouldn't be taken past 2 years, they informed me of the increased risk of cancer. I don't wish to cause alarm or panic, only awareness.

Good luck Krystal,

* Nitric oxide (NO) contributes to vessel homeostasis by inhibiting vascular smooth muscle contraction and growth, platelet aggregation, and leukocyte adhesion to the endothelium. Humans with atherosclerosis, diabetes, or hypertension often show impaired NO pathways. A high salt intake was demonstrated to attenuate NO production in patients with essential hypertension, although bioavailability remains unregulated.

Lotus, Thanks for the information. The article is a bit to "sciency" for me, but the way you broke it down makes sense...My symptoms started about a week after I ramped up to 2000mgs daily from 1000mgs. As I have had an issue in the past, perhaps I am one that needs to watch my dosing...
I am going to stop using the PM for now and I do have an appointment with my Dr. next Wednesday. Hopefully, She will order an ultra sound to get to the bottom of this...If I am clear and this is just a flare up of the damage that was previously done, I plan on starting PM again, but will not go higher than 1000mgs...
I think that you have given us wise counsel in that more is not always better...
I will update as I get more information from my appointment...Be safe in your programs...Love you all...smooches

Just wanted to update on my issues. I spent 7 hours today, with 5 of those hours in the ER today...I went to my doctor early and was sent for an ultra sound and they did find a blood clot in my left leg...
I then got to spend the next 5 hours in the ER attached to many monitors...Crazy day...
Anyway, I do have a clot and at point do not know how I got it...I go into the Hemotology (sp) Clinic on Tuesday and hopefully will find out the answers...My doctor started me on blood thinners today.
I will continue to update after my trip to the "blood" clinic...
Heading to bed now as it has been a F'd up day...smooches

Wow, sorry to learn that. I'm happy your doctor caught it.

On a similar note, does anyone think that supplementing Vitamin K2 could work as a preventative measure for blood clots?

It may not help if you are currently taking blood thinners as in your case Krystal, I always see warnings on K2 supplements not to take it if you are already taking blood thinners.

(06-02-2015, 04:18 AM)anyover88 Wrote:  Wow, sorry to learn that. I'm happy your doctor caught it.

On a similar note, does anyone think that supplementing Vitamin K2 could work as a preventative measure for blood clots?

It may not help if you are currently taking blood thinners as in your case Krystal, I always see warnings on K2 supplements not to take it if you are already taking blood thinners.

We do hope for good news,

Linus Pauling Institute Recommendation

It is not clear whether the AI for vitamin K is enough to optimize the gamma-carboxylation of vitamin K-dependent proteins in bone (see Osteoporosis). To consume the amount of vitamin K associated with a decreased risk of hip fracture in the Framingham Heart Study (about 250 mcg/day) (44), an individual would need to eat a little more than ½ cup of chopped broccoli or a large salad of mixed greens every day. Though the dietary intake of vitamin K required for optimal function of all vitamin K-dependent proteins is not yet known, the Linus Pauling Institute recommends taking a multivitamin/mineral supplement and eating at least one cup of dark green leafy vegetables daily. Replacing dietary saturated fats like butter and cheese with monounsaturated fats found in olive oil and canola oil will increase dietary vitamin K intake and may decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease.

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vi...ood_source

Hi Girls, just a quick update, I go into the Hematology Clinic this afternoon to find out why I got this blood clot...Will update later on...Wish me luck!!!

Smooches, Krystal

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon