Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Relaxin for wider hips?

Bones have receptors for Estrogen. I would think Progesterone (the pregnancy hormone) has an effect too.

Specifically ERβ (Estrogen Receptor Beta) and PRA (Prolactin Receptor A) work on lower body tissue.

If you know which receptors and types that hip bones have, that can help you find out which herbs affect it: this also applies to relaxin.

Yeah I saw that Vita thing but it's now under a new name and I'm curious if they still have whatever increases relaxin under the new thing because I didn't see anything about it.

Bones really have estrogen receptors? That is soo cool. Do you know which herbs work for relaxin or increasing hip size?

have you considered reducing your waist to exaggerate the hips? Because it is the ratio of waist to hips that matters & catches the eyes.

POM

(10-02-2015, 02:12 AM)PoisonIvy Wrote:  Bones really have estrogen receptors? That is soo cool. Do you know which herbs work for relaxin or increasing hip size?

If I remember correctly, bones have ERβ.

I haven't heard of relaxin until this thread, but... it is a hormone that is released by the corpus luteum. MESH: Relaxin . This only shows that there is a such thing as "relaxin receptor". MESH: Relaxin Receptor

By knowing this, I can tell you that, since the corpus luteum is only available during pregnancy, and during the luteal phase inside the ovaries, Progesterone or Prolactin herbs during the luteal phase are likely to raise it. During other times, prolactin herbs and progesterone herbs are unlikely to have an effect on relaxin.

The Corpus Luteum releases Progesterone, and Relaxin; It also raises Estrogen.

Prolactin (and possibly Progesterone) herbs taken during the luteal phase signal for the corpus luteum to not disintegrate, by lowering LH. It is normal for the menstrual cycle to vary a few days, but try not to skip two cycles in a row.

Vitamins, especially vitamin D, is important here too.

I still don't know of relaxin's main effects here, but it is the corpus luteum that seems to cause the traits.

Serum Estrogen works on all Estrogen Receptors. Same for serum Progesterone activating all Progesterone Receptors.

Plant estrogens or progesterones usually work directly on one receptor subtype, but plant hormones can influence serum hormones which cause their respective full range of action.

Typically phytohormones used for NBE affect different subtype receptors than those for hips, unless as noted above. Prolactin herbs (usually breastfeeding herbs) and phytoprogesterones (of either subtype) during luteal phase are still relevant here. Aromatase is also relevant.

Bingo, according to The effect of relaxin on the musculoskeletal system, relaxin is involved in the bone remodeling process. Perhaps, it catabolizes bone so it can be rebuilt. It's a good read.

It suggests that (abnormal) high levels of relaxin during pregnancy is associated with hip problems (Congenital Dislocation) for newborns. Relaxin is also shown to weaken certain ligaments being a risk for injury. However, relaxin is part of a healing process of certain tissues.

It is important to cycle hormones, because some downregulate certain receptors when balance is needed.

@pom19 Yes, after I lose some weight I'm going to start corseting.I already have a 10inch difference between my hips and waist but I would like 13-14 so that it's dramatic. I also want wider hips though because although it seems silly and I'm not obsessed like some people with the thigh gap trend I would like at least some space between my legs because even when I was slim (bmi of 22) I would still have thighs that rubbed together when I ran or walked and I've always hated it and what I really need is wider hips to achieve that. I would love to have hips more like Nina Dobrev. She has wider hips without being heavier. I don't just want wider hips as in bigger because my hips are already pretty padded since I store fat in my lower body, but more spread if that makes since.

@lovely11 Interesting. Especially since I've suspected estrogen dominance and took progesterone cream in the past since I use to have pmdd that it helped but I didn't notice any increase in my hips, but maybe if I take something that raises prolactin with it during the luteal phase with yoga poses that spread the hips it will spread my hips some. It's worth a try right? So with the exception of pregnancy (which is out of the question at the moment) the only things I could try are things like progesterone cream and prolactins combined with yoga poses for actual hip spreading right?

That's interesting. I would have never thought that it would cause problems for the baby, I only knew abnormal high levels of relaxin caused joint problems for the mother.

@pom19 Yes, after I lose some weight I'm going to start corseting.I already have a 10inch difference between my hips and waist but I would like 13-14 so that it's dramatic. I also want wider hips though because although it seems silly and I'm not obsessed like some people with the thigh gap trend I would like at least some space between my legs because even when I was slim (bmi of 22) I would still have thighs that rubbed together when I ran or walked and I've always hated it and what I really need is wider hips to achieve that. I would love to have hips more like Nina Dobrev. She has wider hips without being heavier. I don't just want wider hips as in bigger because my hips are already pretty padded since I store fat in my lower body, but more spread if that makes since.
------------------------------------------------------------------
I do Sumo squats and corset training. I think Sumo squat can help you. If you can, do it with weights.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sumo+squat&rlz=1C1GGGE_enUS496US496&oq=sumo+squat&aqs=chrome..69i57.1050j0j9&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

(11-02-2015, 08:55 PM)pom19 Wrote:  @pom19 Yes, after I lose some weight I'm going to start corseting.I already have a 10inch difference between my hips and waist but I would like 13-14 so that it's dramatic. I also want wider hips though because although it seems silly and I'm not obsessed like some people with the thigh gap trend I would like at least some space between my legs because even when I was slim (bmi of 22) I would still have thighs that rubbed together when I ran or walked and I've always hated it and what I really need is wider hips to achieve that. I would love to have hips more like Nina Dobrev. She has wider hips without being heavier. I don't just want wider hips as in bigger because my hips are already pretty padded since I store fat in my lower body, but more spread if that makes since.
I do Sumo squats and corset training. I think Sumo squat can help you. If you can, do it with weights.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sumo+squat&rlz=1C1GGGE_enUS496US496&oq=sumo+squat&aqs=chrome..69i57.1050j0j9&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8
Funny enough I already do lol. I'm 1/2 way through the squat challenge but I've been doing them with sumo squats. Like I said though my hips are already wide as far as being padded but I would like them to spread more like the actual pelvic bone. If that makes since lol

(11-02-2015, 10:16 PM)PoisonIvy Wrote:  
(11-02-2015, 08:55 PM)pom19 Wrote:  @pom19 Yes, after I lose some weight I'm going to start corseting.I already have a 10inch difference between my hips and waist but I would like 13-14 so that it's dramatic. I also want wider hips though because although it seems silly and I'm not obsessed like some people with the thigh gap trend I would like at least some space between my legs because even when I was slim (bmi of 22) I would still have thighs that rubbed together when I ran or walked and I've always hated it and what I really need is wider hips to achieve that. I would love to have hips more like Nina Dobrev. She has wider hips without being heavier. I don't just want wider hips as in bigger because my hips are already pretty padded since I store fat in my lower body, but more spread if that makes since.

Funny enough I already do lol. I'm 1/2 way through the squat challenge but I've been doing them with sumo squats. Like I said though my hips are already wide as far as being padded but I would like them to spread more like the actual pelvic bone. If that makes since lol
---------------------------------------------
I think the hip bone itself is hereditary. Sad But again, nothing is impossible. Smile

To a certain extent but the hips increase with pregnancy because of the hormone relaxin so I was wondering if I could find a way to recreate that if I could create the right hormonal stage to widen my hips

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon