Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Relaxin for wider hips?

(02-04-2016, 05:24 PM)Dynseli Wrote:  Exercise improves the makeup of bone structure. You can look at this.

Thread - 2,000 squats per day; curvy 4ft butts

No, that's just increasing the size of their ass muscles. The ass IS made of muscle, btw.

I found this discussion really interesting so I decided to do some research, what I found is that in a physiologically male body the prostate is the analogous gland to the corpus luteum for relaxin production, and the triggers are apparently identical.

I'll try finding an inexpensive way to increase relaxin expression in the future... No promises I'll find anything, but since I'm very much interested in increasing my pelvic width as well I do have a strong stimulus to try.

I know it's for muscle. Muscle also contributes to positive changes in skeletal structure. When that Muscle turns into fat, and needs fat stores and carbohydrate tissue, that fat helps with the material for wider hips. A lot associated with muscle gain goes into hip structure, so it does help with wider hip structure.

(02-04-2016, 10:55 PM)Dynseli Wrote:  I know it's for muscle. Muscle also contributes to positive changes in skeletal structure. When that Muscle turns into fat, and needs fat stores and carbohydrate tissue, that fat helps with the material for wider hips. A lot associated with muscle gain goes into hip structure, so it does help with wider hip structure.

There is absolutely nothing factual in this.

Musculature SUPPORTS skeletal structure, but does not alter skeletal structure at all. Muscle does not turn into fat, they are completely different kinds of tissue. Muscle can develop, muscle can degrade, but muscle can never become fat. Carbohydrate is not a human tissue, it's food, food that in human physiology increases fat stores, but does NOT increase the fat tissue. Our body has a predetermined target for fat tissue that it will always try to maintain, this is genetic and varies between people. While fat and muscle can increase the apparent width of the hips, neither changes the underlying pelvic skeleton. It will also look quite unnatural for a person to have extremely wide "fat hips" without a corresponding structure underlying it.

Aside from the cosmetic aspect, for women there's also the childbirth aspect. Wider pelvic skeleton assures easier childbirth compared to narrower. It will not matter how much you exercise, without relaxin hormone your pelvic skeleton will NOT widen.

What I've said is completely factual. Muscles have carbohydrate structures that allow more energy stores, aside from fat. When muscle degrades? what does it become? fat. Also, what grows around muscles? Fat. Muscle development adds to bone strength and bone restructure, thicker and healthier bones.

Where do you think muscles get their energy for immediate needs? It's not thin air. It's fat, and structures that have carbohydrate reserves. Athletes that have a less fat, and more muscle are marathon runners, body builder competitors, and boxers trying to lose weight. During the off season, their muscles look healthier, because that is muscle with fat. Sprint runners have more fat, and still have lean muscle, because that fat and carbohydrate structures are needed for their muscles to run fast for the distances they run. Women's bodies have muscle, and while the butt is mostly muscle, the curves overlap and intertwine with muscle is fat, that the muscle needs or uses when needed.

And fat is also useful for hormones balance.

"Exercise improves the makeup of bone structure," is 100% correct. Bones are living fluid structures, and they develop to match the muscle that they support. For instance someone who has arm muscles, develops a thicker cross section of bone there.

With Relaxin, there has to be caution.

IIRCC, Relaxin helps the remodeling process by taking away from bones. Then they are repaired. It would have to be balanced with Progestogens, Estrogens and possibly other bodily hormones. Estrogens help repair bone tissue, which have Estrogen receptors. From an earlier post, on this thread, there was mention of how Relaxin weakens hips, and causes proneness to injury even for newborns. The cycling of Estrogens and Progestogens naturally, would be better than taking any relaxin product.

First herb I found with scientific evidence of improving relaxin type 2 expression (the relaxin we want for widening the pelvis): http://www.sciencepub.net/american/0403/...ANI_am.pdf

Its local name in the region it's native to is “Sanjeevani Booti” and it's scientific name is "Selaginella bryopteris".

In addition to improving relaxin type 2 expression, for which reason women in the Himalaya's traditionally use this herb during late pregnancy to help with labor, the other medicinal properties of this herb are relieving heat stroke and painful urination, restoring a normal female cycle that's been irregular, and curing jaundice.

As to sources outside the Himalayas... unfortunately I have not been able to find one. If anyone can find a source for this herb please post!

I found a second one! And this one we can get in our own countries! It's an extract from the bark of a particular pine tree, it's been trademarked and the extraction process patented, so it's not cheap... but it's available! The trademark name is "Pycnogenol". And I've been able to find products based on it all over the place. For the research, sadly most of the information is behind a paywall, but here's the article that originally pointed me in this direction: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.10...0/abstract

(02-04-2016, 10:55 PM)Dynseli Wrote:  I know it's for muscle. Muscle also contributes to positive changes in skeletal structure. When that Muscle turns into fat, and needs fat stores and carbohydrate tissue, that fat helps with the material for wider hips. A lot associated with muscle gain goes into hip structure, so it does help with wider hip structure.

Short version, muscle cannot turn into fat.
Muscle cells are different from fat cells. Can't convert one to the other.

Muscles have more mitochondria, fat cells are blobs for storage - even the nucleus is displaced.
What usually is seen as "fat turning to muscle" is someone who has been very active, and has the appetite to match, suddenly going to a desk job or a similar no-activity setting.
Their caloric expenditure drops through the floor - but their body doesn't know to change their hunger, yet.
It is VERY restless, though....
And food is prevalent. Worse, when we're stressed, our body seeks a "quick fix" - sweet and salty snacks, like candy and soda and chips.

Your nutrient density drops, so you eat more; you're stressed, so you eat carbs loaded with carbs (sugar in potato chips, say?), and your insulin skyrockets; and you're not active enough to clean out the blood...

Now, your body chemistry is disposed to storing energy. And you're eating like an athlete, and even worse, eating junk foods from stress. Think that through, you can see the energy is going to be preferentially stored in fat cells - so even if you WERE skinny, you're going to balloon up if you don't monitor your diet.

Skeletal muscle:
http://steadystrength.com/glossary/skeletal-muscle/

Smooth muscle:
http://steadystrength.com/glossary/smooth-muscle/

Cardiac muscle:
http://steadystrength.com/glossary/cardiac-muscle/

Fat cells:
http://www.leighpeele.com/the-deficit-how-we-lose-fat

Different types of cells, different structures, and they don't change types, any more than an osteoblast will suddenly become a neuron. ;-)

As to muscle changing the bones, I can tell you - IT DOES, to limited extent. Ugly beast, too - think shin splints, osgood schlotter's disease, bone spurs. NOT effective for our wants, and painful enough I wouldn't think we'd even make the connection. What happens is the tendon pulls part of the bone away from the rest of the bone, and the body heals it. So far, OK, recoverable.
BUT, repeat multiple times in one place? Messy and ugly. Think of a karate champion's hands, or the googles should give you some idea, especially Osgood Schlotter's. I have it - it's just a spot on my knee where the bone was crushed and shifted. And that was done several hundred times climbing out of a pool.
Now it's a lump, where the bone calcifies, dies, and then is presumed injured - and re-calcifies, and those cells die, and...
By the time I die in 40 years, say? Might grow to be the size of a garlic clove. Ineffective, painful, unpretty. :-P
I don't even want to think about how you'd do that to your hips, and I've been damaged that way, too. :-(

Scary where we end up sometimes... ;-)

-Dianna

(22-04-2016, 09:27 PM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  

Short version, muscle cannot turn into fat.
Muscle cells are different from fat cells. Can't convert one to the other.

Muscles have more mitochondria, fat cells are blobs for storage - even the nucleus is displaced.
What usually is seen as "fat turning to muscle" is someone who has been very active, and has the appetite to match, suddenly going to a desk job or a similar no-activity setting.
Their caloric expenditure drops through the floor - but their body doesn't know to change their hunger, yet.
It is VERY restless, though....
And food is prevalent. Worse, when we're stressed, our body seeks a "quick fix" - sweet and salty snacks, like candy and soda and chips.

Your nutrient density drops, so you eat more; you're stressed, so you eat carbs loaded with carbs (sugar in potato chips, say?), and your insulin skyrockets; and you're not active enough to clean out the blood...

Now, your body chemistry is disposed to storing energy. And you're eating like an athlete, and even worse, eating junk foods from stress. Think that through, you can see the energy is going to be preferentially stored in fat cells - so even if you WERE skinny, you're going to balloon up if you don't monitor your diet.

Skeletal muscle:
http://steadystrength.com/glossary/skeletal-muscle/

Smooth muscle:
http://steadystrength.com/glossary/smooth-muscle/

Cardiac muscle:
http://steadystrength.com/glossary/cardiac-muscle/

Fat cells:
http://www.leighpeele.com/the-deficit-how-we-lose-fat

Different types of cells, different structures, and they don't change types, any more than an osteoblast will suddenly become a neuron. ;-)

As to muscle changing the bones, I can tell you - IT DOES, to limited extent. Ugly beast, too - think shin splints, osgood schlotter's disease, bone spurs. NOT effective for our wants, and painful enough I wouldn't think we'd even make the connection. What happens is the tendon pulls part of the bone away from the rest of the bone, and the body heals it. So far, OK, recoverable.
BUT, repeat multiple times in one place? Messy and ugly. Think of a karate champion's hands, or the googles should give you some idea, especially Osgood Schlotter's. I have it - it's just a spot on my knee where the bone was crushed and shifted. And that was done several hundred times climbing out of a pool.
Now it's a lump, where the bone calcifies, dies, and then is presumed injured - and re-calcifies, and those cells die, and...
By the time I die in 40 years, say? Might grow to be the size of a garlic clove. Ineffective, painful, unpretty. :-P
I don't even want to think about how you'd do that to your hips, and I've been damaged that way, too. :-(

Scary where we end up sometimes... ;-)

-Dianna

Hahaha. Thank you for laying the smack down on that idiot. I couldn't be bothered since his bullshit was so obviously bullshit.

The only other way myself that I'd consider trying to alter my pelvic skeleton other than hormones, which, btw, relaxin type 2 by itself is NOT sufficient, it works together with progesterone to widen the pelvis, is to go under the knife professionally. Most surgeons won't touch the skeleton, and fewer still will do "cosmetic" changes, and almost none will do pelvis widening for trans women.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon