Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Ads on tablet making site unusable

For the past few days I've been getting ads on my android tablet for apps on the Google play store on every single page here. Half the time it brings up the app's play store page without me even touching the screen! This happens with both opera and chrome browsers, even with pop ups disabled. I can't seem to be able to dismiss the ads either. They appear to be overlaying the normal ads at the bottom of the page.

Did something change in the board version or configuration? Or could there be something wrong with my tablet? Don't really browse on anything else right now.

Thanks for looking into this strange behavior!

KA

(27-03-2015, 09:48 PM)KelliAnne Wrote:  For the past few days I've been getting ads on my android tablet for apps on the Google play store on every single page here. Half the time it brings up the app's play store page without me even touching the screen! This happens with both opera and chrome browsers, even with pop ups disabled. I can't seem to be able to dismiss the ads either. They appear to be overlaying the normal ads at the bottom of the page.

Did something change in the board version or configuration? Or could there be something wrong with my tablet? Don't really browse on anything else right now.

KA

Hi
OMG just as I opened your thread the site directed me to the App Store
My advice would to keep your fingers on the border of your tablet or ipad in my case because many of the ads are located at the bottom where your fingers usually slide up and press the ad therefore redirecting you to the App Store
I try to use this site on my laptop tho much easier

BwB,

Thanks for the reply! I'm not touching the ads when they redirect to the aps store/play store - the site just opens the link somehow. Hitting the [X] to close the ad at the bottom of the screen doesn't close it either, just takes you to the store. Great if you're the ad company, but not great for tablet users of BN.

Hope it changes soon!

(27-03-2015, 09:48 PM)KelliAnne Wrote:  For the past few days I've been getting ads on my android tablet for apps on the Google play store on every single page here. Half the time it brings up the app's play store page without me even touching the screen! This happens with both opera and chrome browsers, even with pop ups disabled. I can't seem to be able to dismiss the ads either. They appear to be overlaying the normal ads at the bottom of the page.

KA
Kelli, I don't know if this is the same thing you're talking about, but, a few times over the past 2 weeks, and not here, as far as I know, all I'd do is move the mouse somewhere on the screen and not even click it and I'd suddenly get a full screen advertisement!! I'd be in the middle of writing an e-mail and, suddenly, there's an advert on the screen keeping me from typing!!!! And I don't use Opera or Google Chrome!!

KA

Same problem on my phone, it makes the site very hard to use. At this point I have no idea if its an issue with the site, or another app that's been updated is causing the pop ups to appear.

Happening on laptop. Click to go to a forum or read a thread, about half the time, instead of going where I clicked, it opens up a new tab. brought up a page for Musix (an advertiser on here) several times. ALso got one for some video player. Then there's one which fakes a system crash and to download their software (yeah, right) and you can't close that tab or switch to others or close the window (unless going to program manager and killing it from there.)

I just started experiencing it this morning. I am using Safari on a Mac and I have had new browser windows open for what I suspect are malware sites. One was supposedly a Mac anti-virus and the other was asking me to install Flash from a strange web site. (I have a legit version of Flash already installed from Adobe.)

There were some new ads on the site which were causing this latest problem. The ads in question have now been removed, so hopefully there will be no further pop ups. If anyone does experience any further issues, please feel free to report it in this thread.

It's back. Google chrome is catching it and giving the following message:
The site ahead contains harmful programs

Attackers on cdn.adk2.com might attempt to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites you visit).

I've started using the Chrome browser in order to investigate this, but when I visit the forum nothing untoward happens. Are you sure it's Chrome giving you this warning, as I am unable to replicate the problem?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon