Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Problems with Site

(15-07-2015, 02:26 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  
(15-07-2015, 01:55 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Ad revenue pays the bills, (and not by much) hosting services charges fees. If you'd like to see less ads I suggest donating to BN. For the all members we have here a BN, suggesting a donation once in a while to help Eve maintain the site isn't an outrageous consideration.

Give a couple bucks or what ever you feel is appropriate. This isn't a solicitation or request, just a suggestion, although I know Eve appreciates any support we can offer. Why, or how can anybody run a service where it costs "you" money to run and you get nothing in return?. Does anybody here run such a service?.

Donations can be made via PayPal to admin@breastnexus.com
The other sites I was talking about don't have any, and they've been staying afloat without any problems for nearly a decade!

Everybody wants a free ride and no commitment !! There is always a price attached to a freebie as money grows not on trees .

(15-07-2015, 01:55 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Ad revenue pays the bills, (and not by much) hosting services charges fees. If you'd like to see less ads I suggest donating to BN. For the all members we have here a BN, suggesting a donation once in a while to help Eve maintain the site isn't an outrageous consideration.

Give a couple bucks or what ever you feel is appropriate. This isn't a solicitation or request, just a suggestion, although I know Eve appreciates any support we can offer. Why, or how can anybody run a service where it costs "you" money to run and you get nothing in return?. Does anybody here run such a service?.

Perhaps we could have a tiered level of accounts? For instance, a free account means having ads on BN, a standard paid account for x amount of money per year gets you an ad-free BN, while a deluxe account also gets some other perks such as a larger inbox for private messages, a larger avatar or something else? I think such an arrangement would be a reasonable accommodation for those who are willing and able to donate to get rid of the ads and those who have no issue tolerating the ads. I don't know how much behind the scenes work such an arrangement would require, but I think it would provide an excellent incentive for members to contribute to the site.

Is the website unsafe atm? Cant really browse on it because of harmful programs?Huh

I haven't been able to resolve yet what the harmful programs are supposed to be. It might be the Amazon links causing that message, according to some people anyway, but it's hard to know for sure. Be assured that I'm working on the problem as best I can and am trying to find a solution.

(15-07-2015, 04:18 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  

Perhaps we could have a tiered level of accounts? For instance, a free account means having ads on BN, a standard paid account for x amount of money per year gets you an ad-free BN, while a deluxe account also gets some other perks such as a larger inbox for private messages, a larger avatar or something else? I think such an arrangement would be a reasonable accommodation for those who are willing and able to donate to get rid of the ads and those who have no issue tolerating the ads. I don't know how much behind the scenes work such an arrangement would require, but I think it would provide an excellent incentive for members to contribute to the site.

I do agree about the revenue help the ads give to help support the site, some things I have noticed though. The ads do not seem to effect the use of the site on a windows computer, at best they are just a little anoying when using my android phone. However accessing the site on my Apple iPad is so frustrating I dont even bother.

(15-07-2015, 03:55 AM)myboobs Wrote:  
(15-07-2015, 02:26 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  

The other sites I was talking about don't have any, and they've been staying afloat without any problems for nearly a decade!

Everybody wants a free ride and no commitment !! There is always a price attached to a freebie as money grows not on trees .
I'm just saying that other sites can do it for free, so can this one. On top of that, I'm not so much complaining about the ads being there, I'm complaining about being FORCED to listen to them while I'm here!
Alright! You've got banners and ads across the top and bottom of the screen, you've even got people trying to sell sneakers, watches and kitchen ware from time to time! How many people here ACTUALLY CLICK on those banners to see what they're selling and then buy it?? How many here have bought watches, sneakers and kitchen ware from those threads?? I can't help but notice how FAST those threads get taken down!! Could it be that it's because nobody wants to buy any of the stuff that's being sold?

(15-07-2015, 01:49 PM)Eve M Wrote:  I haven't been able to resolve yet what the harmful programs are supposed to be. It might be the Amazon links causing that message, according to some people anyway, but it's hard to know for sure. Be assured that I'm working on the problem as best I can and am trying to find a solution.
The problem seems to be that the ad syndicators are not checking the ads well before they accept them. There have been ads that tell you to update your Flash and then send you to somewhere not Adobe to install something dubious. I have had these come up immediately after installing the latest Flash from the official site. I have had ads tell me my Windows Media Player is out of date, please update and I am on a Mac!!!. Some of the ads use nasty techniques to get your attention. They sit in the background for a minute or two and then pop up, taking over the screen. Doing this probably also gets them around the evaluation processes of the syndicators (who probably display the add for 10 seconds and then tick it off).

This site is far from the worst I have seen and it seems to go through short stretches where it is bad. I figure this is the time between the ad going to the syndicator and the syndicator responding to complaints, but that's my guess.

(15-07-2015, 10:29 PM)CalmlyAndrogynous Wrote:  There have been ads that tell you to update your Flash and then send you to somewhere not Adobe to install something dubious. I have had these come up immediately after installing the latest Flash from the official site. I have had ads tell me my Windows Media Player is out of date, please update and I am on a Mac!!!.

Thanks for your comments. It helps me a lot to know that, as I had thought that we had got rid of those kind of ads.

(15-07-2015, 04:18 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  Perhaps we could have a tiered level of accounts? For instance, a free account means having ads on BN, a standard paid account for x amount of money per year gets you an ad-free BN, while a deluxe account also gets some other perks such as a larger inbox for private messages, a larger avatar or something else?

Thanks for your idea. It's certainly something to think about.

(15-07-2015, 07:31 PM)WantAPair Wrote:  I'm just saying that other sites can do it for free, so can this one. On top of that, I'm not so much complaining about the ads being there, I'm complaining about being FORCED to listen to them while I'm here!

Yes, the sound would be my biggest complaint with the ads. Oftentimes they play when I'm on a different browser tab, so it's a bit of a hassle to try to track down the culprit. What's worse is frequently there is no mute button on these ads, so if I don't want to listen to them, I have to shut off my speakers.

(15-07-2015, 02:13 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  I do agree about the revenue help the ads give to help support the site, some things I have noticed though. The ads do not seem to effect the use of the site on a windows computer, at best they are just a little anoying when using my android phone. However accessing the site on my Apple iPad is so frustrating I dont even bother.

With the exception of the sound intrusion, the ads aren't much of a problem for me on my windows computer. On my android phone sometimes it can be an issue when these ads take up most of my screen, thereby blocking my video of BN until I can locate the close option.

(15-07-2015, 11:35 PM)Eve M Wrote:  
(15-07-2015, 04:18 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  Perhaps we could have a tiered level of accounts? For instance, a free account means having ads on BN, a standard paid account for x amount of money per year gets you an ad-free BN, while a deluxe account also gets some other perks such as a larger inbox for private messages, a larger avatar or something else?

Thanks for your idea. It's certainly something to think about.

Your welcome.

Depending on the pricing rates, I would be willing to be a paying or deluxe member.

(15-07-2015, 01:49 PM)Eve M Wrote:  I haven't been able to resolve yet what the harmful programs are supposed to be. It might be the Amazon links causing that message, according to some people anyway, but it's hard to know for sure. Be assured that I'm working on the problem as best I can and am trying to find a solution.

I think one thing that may be causing this site to be flagged is the network it's hosted on (AS20454 (SSASN2)) has been identified as hosting other sites that have distributed malware. I'm not sure how you can fix guilt by association. Sad

Here are my two screen shots:

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon