Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pros and cons to finding the right balance.

Hey everyone! I just wanted to list a few things (good and bad) that I've noticed after finding my perfect balance of herbs/supplements.

Pros:
1. Breast growth! That's why we're all here right? Tongue My breasts are bigger than they've ever been, even during my prgnancy.
2. Regulated cycles. I've had a very irregular cycle for as long as I can remember. I have even skipped my period completely! This has evened them out to a regular 28 day cycle.
3. Less painful cycles. I just started my period, and the cramps where so mild, I was really surprised when I discovered I had started.
4. A higher libido! I always had an issue with a low libido after my pregnancy. Now sparks are flying! ;D
5. Maple syrup! For those of you who haven't experienced Fenugreek, I'll just warn you now, it makes your sweat smell like maple syrup. To me, that's better than regular BO!

Con's:
1. Acne!! My face looks like I'm going through puberty again! I guess I am in a way...
2. Harder to lose weight. I go to the gym very regularly and I've noticed a decline in my weight loss.
3. Hard to keep up. I have 9 or 10 different supplements and herbs I have to take 2 to three times a day. This can be a little overwhelming.
4. More emotional. I've noticed some mood swings here and there. Nothing I can't handle, but I have off days a little more often. Note: this may have been due to PMS as I started my period today.
5. Water Retention. Unfortunately I've been a little more bloated from water retention, but it may have also been due to PMS.

So there's my personal list of pros and cons that I wanted to share! I'd love to hear feedback about what you think! Also, let me know some of the things you've noticed about you herbal choices. What have you done to find a balance, and what are the effects? :3

Um, all I can say is I am going thru a puberty, but I love it. I do have more fat than before although I am exercising more, but I like the additional fat I have now, except I like to distribute them better, they look great though.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. <3 POM

well my pros were with herbs:

a temporary gain in boobs by way of water retention (possibly)
at times certain herbs helped my cycle..
boost in libido (maca)

and cons were:
misc side effects
mood swings
gastric distress..
heavy bleeding (sp/wy/fg) blend
heart palpitations (goats rue)
shortened menstrual cycles
pimples
weight gain in all the wrong places initially

Thank you both for sharing! Ella, heart palpitations are a worrisome side effect. You might want to consider cutting back on Goats Rue or replacing it with something similar.
Smile 

Hi Alicia,

(11-05-2015, 12:06 AM)aliciabc93 Wrote:  Supplements: Fenugreek, Fennel, Red Clover, PM Phytogen Complex (Pueraria Mirifica, Biotin and Folic Acid), Female Hormone Blend SP-7C (Black Cohosh, Dong Quai, Passion Flower, Red Raspberry, Fenugreek, Licorice, Cramp Bark, Chamomile, Saw Palmetto, Wild Yam, Butternut, Kelp) and Neocell Powder 1&3 collagen.

5. Water Retention. Unfortunately I've been a little more bloated from water retention, but it may have also been due to PMS.

The water retention is from having way too many phytoestrogens (16 by my count) causing estro-dominance, increased triglycerides, also effecting menstrual irregularities, liver toxicity, mood, etc. I don't see omega 3's which reduce inflammation, a key comment in proper cell growth, and for NBE. What Ella was communicating was that taking numerous supplements is dangerous and unnecessary, she doesn't take GR anymore, and for good reason. Some of us learned the hard way that combining excess NBE supplements has dangerous interactions, also, taking high levels of phytoestrogens is also ineffective, just a word to the wise, please be careful. Wink

Look into more protective herbs, (e.g. turmeric, green tea, DIM). Too much, or over expression estrogen receptor alpha (ER-a) increases the possibilities of proliferation (cancer).

Lotus, thanks for this info. As you know I always tell people not to take too much herbs or for that matter too much of anything. <3 POM

(19-05-2015, 06:20 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Hi Alicia,

(11-05-2015, 12:06 AM)aliciabc93 Wrote:  Supplements: Fenugreek, Fennel, Red Clover, PM Phytogen Complex (Pueraria Mirifica, Biotin and Folic Acid), Female Hormone Blend SP-7C (Black Cohosh, Dong Quai, Passion Flower, Red Raspberry, Fenugreek, Licorice, Cramp Bark, Chamomile, Saw Palmetto, Wild Yam, Butternut, Kelp) and Neocell Powder 1&3 collagen.

The water retention is from having way too many phytoestrogens (16 by my count) causing estro-dominance, increased triglycerides, also effecting menstrual irregularities, liver toxicity, mood, etc. I don't see omega 3's which reduce inflammation, a key comment in proper cell growth, and for NBE. What Ella was communicating was that taking numerous supplements is dangerous and unnecessary, she doesn't take GR anymore, and for good reason. Some of us learned the hard way that combining excess NBE supplements has dangerous interactions, also, taking high levels of phytoestrogens is also ineffective, just a word to the wise, please be careful. Wink

Look into more protective herbs, (e.g. turmeric, green tea, DIM). Too much, or over expression estrogen receptor alpha (ER-a) increases the possibilities of proliferation (cancer).

Thank you for your input! However, I failed to list fish oil in my routine. I take 3 a day. As for the water retention, I just started my period and have a seen a great decrease in the water retention/mood swings. I think most of this was due to PMS. When you say menstral-irregularities, you may have misunderstood what I was saying as I'm actually having the opposite effect. My cycle has become more regular (with herbs), as in the past (with no herbs) I have had 40 day cycles and even skipping cycles altogether. This cycle was 29 days, which is more regular than I've ever been. I have been worried that I may be taking too many herbs, but I haven't had serious negative effects as of now and I think I'm going to wait for my period to end to see where I stand. Your concern means a lot to me and I will take it to heart! <3 My main goal with all of this was to balance myself out and slowly drop some of the estrogen based herbs from my routine. Any suggestion to as which ones seem less necessary?

(19-05-2015, 06:20 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Hi Alicia,

*like*

Hi Ella, is the new avatar you? I like it. <3 POM

(19-05-2015, 09:16 PM)pom19 Wrote:  Hi Ella, is the new avatar you? I like it. <3 POM

Thanks pom. Yes it's me

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon