Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hair thinning out too fast. :(

Sad 

Hello. Still pretty new here and love all the help and advice I got on my last posts. <3 Ok ill jump right too my issue. Lately I been growing my hair out longer but my nasty male genes have been letting me down there. My hair looks too be thinning out way more then id like it to especially for only being 22. So any advice on how to slow it down or possibly regain some thickness? Also what shampoos would you recommend to use? Thanks in advance! Smile

(02-06-2015, 05:32 AM)Cutesissy Wrote:  Hello. Still pretty new here and love all the help and advice I got on my last posts. <3 Ok ill jump right too my issue. Lately I been growing my hair out longer but my nasty male genes have been letting me down there. My hair looks too be thinning out way more then id like it to especially for only being 22. So any advice on how to slow it down or possibly regain some thickness? Also what shampoos would you recommend to use? Thanks in advance! Smile

Anything that helps stop or lower your DHT should help bring your hair back. WP springs to mind. Looking at the bright side, at least your still young enough to repair some of the damage caused by DHT, for myself and some others here, that boat sailed away some time ago.

Just a few quick tips:
Shampoo? Consider stopping shampooing. I don't use shampoo. I wash with conditioner, once in a while baking soda (just with water) or vinegar with water. My sister, with the great hair, taught me about no-poo washing. I learned more about it on-line. I have actually gotten several people into it (we are all different hair types). At first they insisted that they must shampoo (shampoo is pretty much detergent, by the way). Now, they are like, check out my better hair. Lol. I was skeptical, too. But it works! My hair is thickening and healthier.
Use ginger, cayenne, cinnamon (careful of the hair dying affect of cinnamon) on the scalp. You can look this up on the www. I just put some of one these with water and rub it in gently and leave it on. Ginger might be best. Used it to bring back my guy's retreating hairline. My friend used it to thicken her hair back up after post-pregnancy mass shedding because a friend recommended that she use it on her bald three year old daughter's head. The child had 1 inch of full-headed fuzz (after no hair up to age three) within a week.
Castor oil or other oils to re-nourish the scalp that has often been damaged by other hair "care" products that have stripped and damaged the scalp.
I could go on, but in general, consider going to the kitchen like the grannies did. Big Grin There are tons more tips and many are so healthy, easy, and affordable.

I'm told He Shou Wu and coconut oil will not only re-grow your hair, but also turn it back to its natural colour!

(04-06-2015, 01:03 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  I'm told He Shou Wu and coconut oil will not only re-grow your hair, but also turn it back to its natural colour!

Would coconut oil not leave your hair greasy looking ??

Coconut oil is very excellent for the hair. Of course, it helps to know how to use it for your purposes. Sometimes, the key is to not leave certain things on the skin or hair, all the time. I have used several oils for body care. I really like them all in different ways, but my favorite "lotion" oil is two cooking oils (coconut & mostly almond) mixed with a few drops of essential oil. It disappears right into my skin and my skin is literally almost as soft as a baby's and not at all greasy, though others I have tried might have been greasy. This is one of my favorite types of experimentation. I learned the hard way, for example, that glycerin is only awesome for moisturization if it is used with some kind of water ( I used distilled). My face loves it! This type of experimentation helps me to keep it towards more natural, healthy products. After years of slathering my scaly (yes, it would literally peel of in scale like segments when it got dry, after turning ashy white) skin and hair in chemical potions, I have found that plain old oil and glycerin and stuff works better. I am not bluffing: I have tropical skin and live in a place that can be rather desert-like, so I am a good test subject for certain things. I hope your experience will be healthy and helpful!

PS: Also, consider things like masks and or other treatments that don't necessarily stay on. I heard wonderful things about mustard oil stimulating hair growth, so since I found some extra mustard in the fridge that was going to waste, guess who will be washing her hair with mustard. You betcha!

PSS: I heard great things about egg masks, but I really prefer warm showers and didn't do it right, so then I was washing my hair with omelette! If you try the egg thing, seriously use the cold water. Hahaha!

Thank you all soo much for the responses!! Smile looks like I have a lot of things to try out! I use conditioner a couple times but it usually feels and looks greasy/sweaty. not a good look. Sad But thanks a lot I will definitely have to give all these suggestions a try!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon