Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

*groan* Bloating...

So...has anyone else had this issue while taking herbs, or have any idea what causes it?

Right now I'm taking maca, aguaje, l-arganine, and reishi. I use topical fenugreek, and occasionally drink licorice tulsi tea. I drink a detox blend tea daily.

Mostly, things are going fine with that combination. The cystic acne that I have while not on herbs is gone, I have less unwanted body hair, and I'm noticing improvements in the hip area. I thought maybe something was causing me to gain around the waist...until I realized my waist is fine when I get up (normally flat/slim) and I start...expanding throughout the day. By the end, I look like I'm getting into early pregnancy. I don't have issues with gas and I'm more regular than ever, no stomach issues..so I really have no idea what's causing this Huh

(08-06-2015, 05:11 AM)Aurielle Wrote:  So...has anyone else had this issue while taking herbs, or have any idea what causes it?

Right now I'm taking maca, aguaje, l-arganine, and reishi. I use topical fenugreek, and occasionally drink licorice tulsi tea. I drink a detox blend tea daily.

Mostly, things are going fine with that combination. The cystic acne that I have while not on herbs is gone, I have less unwanted body hair, and I'm noticing improvements in the hip area. I thought maybe something was causing me to gain around the waist...until I realized my waist is fine when I get up (normally flat/slim) and I start...expanding throughout the day. By the end, I look like I'm getting into early pregnancy. I don't have issues with gas and I'm more regular than ever, no stomach issues..so I really have no idea what's causing this Huh
Yup you are explaining me right now too!!! I look fine initially then it gets worse as the day progresses. I stopped most herbs/supps for that very reason.
I take Maca and fenugreek. Rotate them . I suspect they are behind it but keep taking them like a fool.
I "think" a lot of what I take encourages detox / digestion and it feels at times my system is just "running too fast". Trying to flush out faster than my bodies processing things.
Hear ya and sympathise..

Oh and ps I'm more regular too but sadly I do have gawd aweful gas Angry

Maybe It's part of the detox process..

What is the definition of insanity, again? Hahaha. Yes, I feel everyone on every symptom in this thread so far. Today, I was just staring at my fanny and trying to decide if it is still alright. I had to move to another mirror, because I could hardly believe how much booty the first one showed. I have started working out more, because it was not looking healthy, behind me. Haha. Bloated may be the word for it because it was like lumpy or something, with too much water in it. Sorry, to the visual people, here. And the thighs! And my slightly more chubby middle that frightens me in the evening with 2nd trimester food baby. I probably didn't spend too much time thinking about it because my thought process was probably interrupted by another ridiculous burp or thunderous fart or something. Rolleyes
NBE, you owe us. We are working for you! And we thank you for working for us in return. And so it is!

(08-06-2015, 10:20 AM)char Wrote:  What is the definition of insanity, again? Hahaha. Yes, I feel everyone on every symptom in this thread so far. Today, I was just staring at my fanny and trying to decide if it is still alright. I had to move to another mirror, because I could hardly believe how much booty the first one showed. I have started working out more, because it was not looking healthy, behind me. Haha. Bloated may be the word for it because it was like lumpy or something, with too much water in it. Sorry, to the visual people, here. And the thighs! And my slightly more chubby middle that frightens me in the evening with 2nd trimester food baby. I probably didn't spend too much time thinking about it because my thought process was probably interrupted by another ridiculous burp or thunderous fart or something. Rolleyes
NBE, you owe us. We are working for you! And we thank you for working for us in return. And so it is!

it would be nice by the end of the day if we could get a vaccum and just suck all the crap out of intestines and reset for the following day Dodgy

(08-06-2015, 08:00 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(08-06-2015, 10:20 AM)char Wrote:  What is the definition of insanity, again? Hahaha. Yes, I feel everyone on every symptom in this thread so far. Today, I was just staring at my fanny and trying to decide if it is still alright. I had to move to another mirror, because I could hardly believe how much booty the first one showed. I have started working out more, because it was not looking healthy, behind me. Haha. Bloated may be the word for it because it was like lumpy or something, with too much water in it. Sorry, to the visual people, here. And the thighs! And my slightly more chubby middle that frightens me in the evening with 2nd trimester food baby. I probably didn't spend too much time thinking about it because my thought process was probably interrupted by another ridiculous burp or thunderous fart or something. Rolleyes

it would be nice by the end of the day if we could get a vaccum and just suck all the crap out of intestines and reset for the following day Dodgy

You could use your Noogleberry for thatWinkRolleyesTongue

I'm glad it's just not me! Well, not glad per se, but you know. For as encouraging as it can be, NBE can be a pain sometimes...

(08-06-2015, 06:19 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  I take Maca and fenugreek. Rotate them . I suspect they are behind it but keep taking them like a fool.

I'm starting to wonder if it's the maca as well. I've heard that using raw maca (rather than gelatinized) can cause some digestion issues, but it's never made me feel bad so I keep going with it.

(10-06-2015, 05:44 AM)Aurielle Wrote:  I'm glad it's just not me! Well, not glad per se, but you know. For as encouraging as it can be, NBE can be a pain sometimes...

(08-06-2015, 06:19 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  I take Maca and fenugreek. Rotate them . I suspect they are behind it but keep taking them like a fool.

I'm starting to wonder if it's the maca as well. I've heard that using raw maca (rather than gelatinized) can cause some digestion issues, but it's never made me feel bad so I keep going with it.

It's funny cause I took raw maca at a much higher dosage and the tummy cramps subsided pretty quickly. What don't upnderstand is why all the sellers in my country MOSTLY sell raw maca when traditional use is cooked! Thing is with fenugreek too it's used to HELP with digestive system and ease inflammAtion but then it's said to CAUSE gastric distress in some ! So how/what/where are we supposed to believe!

Well, I don't know the right way to take fenugreek. I have recently started to use it. I just add a freshly ground teaspoon to a cup of homemade bustea-ish spearmint tea. I don't boil the fenugreek. I thought that would help the potency. Should I boil it with the tea?

(10-06-2015, 07:47 AM)char Wrote:  Well, I don't know the right way to take fenugreek. I have recently started to use it. I just add a freshly ground teaspoon to a cup of homemade bustea-ish spearmint tea. I don't boil the fenugreek. I thought that would help the potency. Should I boil it with the tea?

I tend to see what the Indians do
http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/lounge/f...-6775.html

Personally I just take the naturesway seeds in pill form. I found boiling the seeds was too strong.

Reading that though, theres a lot of unwanted side effects to fenugreek Sad

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon