Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

herbal extract question

Smile 

Hi, I am new to BE.

I used to have pretty nice sized breasts, but after having a child and losing too much weight they have gone down quite a few cup sizes. I suspect that I have an androgen imbalance due to the fact that I grow hair in places most biological women don't. Tongue
I have decided that herbal extracts are the first thing I want to try. So I have a few questions:

1) Has anyone made their own herbal extracts? How did you figure out what was the best dose to take? What ratio did you use?

2) What merchant sells herbs for the best prices?

3) Any links to helpful information on the subject?

Thank you for reading this, and I hope to get some answers soon!

Rose Mountain herbs has good bulk prices. The 1/4 pound packages are a whole lot for most purposes. You can also grow your own plants if you are certain of what you're doing.

For topical use, unrefined vegetable oils are better than alcohol extracts. Alcohol, such as Vodka, extracts or teas are for edible use. Just soak the herb in the liquid in a brown glass bottle, then put it in a dark place. You can shake it every day. It doesn't have to be strained, just pour it out when you want to use it. A few drops or a spoon amount can be used. Just do an internet search on alcohol extracts or infusions.

There are also foods like oatmeal and pumpkin seed that can help without needing to be extracted.

I currently make my own extracts for fenugreek, saw palmetto, and red clover....but it took a bit of research before I was comfortable doing so. I do a 5 to 1 ratio (i.e.- 1/2 c. herb to 2.5 c. good quality vodka). I leave it sit for about a month before filtering and using.

As for dosage, I start with a half tsp. of each twice a day, and then ramp up slowly from there (I also take these same herbs to manage perimenopause symptoms).

Care is needed when working with your own extracts, but it is possible. Feel free to IM me for any details.Smile

(28-06-2015, 04:30 PM)myvoicesilent Wrote:  Hi, I am new to BE.

I used to have pretty nice sized breasts, but after having a child and losing too much weight they have gone down quite a few cup sizes. I suspect that I have an androgen imbalance due to the fact that I grow hair in places most biological women don't. Tongue
I have decided that herbal extracts are the first thing I want to try. So I have a few questions:

1) Has anyone made their own herbal extracts? How did you figure out what was the best dose to take? What ratio did you use?

2) What merchant sells herbs for the best prices?

3) Any links to helpful information on the subject?

Thank you for reading this, and I hope to get some answers soon!

I just came across a site today http://www.adultproductratings.com that seems to have some good info on products like that.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon