Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How a plant based diet can improve your health!

lovely11, it's good that you stopped drinking milk. Concerning cheese, google "casomorphins and cheese".

I also didn't know in the past how bad dairy / animal products are and I was addicted to cheese, so I didn't want to stop eating it but I am glad now that I did 4 years ago.

If you guys want I can make pics of some pages of my book "The China Study". It's one of the best books I have read. This would also answer some important questions from Ella and Hannah.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Today I saw another pic of a piece of meat with a tumor. Heck, I didn't even know something like this would exist! This is so disgusting. Those kind of pics should be shown in advertising...

(27-07-2015, 03:19 PM)peggy Wrote:  lovely11, it's good that you stopped drinking milk. Concerning cheese, google "casomorphins and cheese".

I also didn't know in the past how bad dairy / animal products are and I was addicted to cheese, so I didn't want to stop eating it but I am glad now that I did 4 years ago.

If you guys want I can make pics of some pages of my book "The China Study". It's one of the best books I have read. This would also answer some important questions from Ella and Hannah.

You know over here they advertise all day about milk on TV. Protein enriched milk, calcium enriched milk, they push it towards children, they supply milk in some of the schools for morning tea. My husbands parents have flavoured milk drinks they give to my girl when she goes to stay. It's hard to escape the dairy industry over here. I found when I went over to soy milk although that took a lot of getting used to when I went back to cows milk it made me feel sick.

(27-07-2015, 03:19 PM)peggy Wrote:  lovely11, it's good that you stopped drinking milk. Concerning cheese, google "casomorphins and cheese".

Oh yeh the pus cells in milk made me quit with for me adictive cottage cheese desserts. I ate 500mls of those a day, and once I stopped my skin improved drasticially, sometimes I had inflammations in my face which I now never have anylonger. I now drink pasteurized milk though, lower in nutritional value but a lot more hygienic I think concerning the puss cells-hormones and bacteria.
I would be interested in the pictures of your book PeggySmile
Thanks in advance!Wink

(27-07-2015, 07:10 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  

You know over here they advertise all day about milk on TV. Protein enriched milk, calcium enriched milk, they push it towards children, they supply milk in some of the schools for morning tea. My husbands parents have flavoured milk drinks they give to my girl when she goes to stay. It's hard to escape the dairy industry over here. I found when I went over to soy milk although that took a lot of getting used to when I went back to cows milk it made me feel sick.

Its the same over hereSad But what about growing infants then? They need calcium for bone growth and its advised for them drinking it a lot.
I only drink pasteurized milk and my son to, he drinks more then I because he really needs it(so its advised). But fresh milk, I couldnt handle without puking anymore, It was like I could see the different liquids driving in it(thinking about the puscells) Poor cows.. *My son is scared of them, I told him that the cow should be scared of him, you're drinking al his milk*:p

Hannah, there is a lot of calcium in plants, don't worry. Smile I have tracked my food intake at cronometer.com and I average 800-1000mg per day without problems. I read that 600mg is enough if you get your calcium from plants, since your body will absorb it much better than from dairy, which is acidic.

Blackstrap molasses is also very rich in calcium and iron, I take 1 tbsp per day.

Read more infos about how dairy can lead to osteoporosis:
http://www.pcrm.org/health/health-topics...rong-bones

I will make pics of the book pages soon. Smile

Forgot the attachment.

(27-07-2015, 09:42 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  

Its the same over hereSad But what about growing infants then? They need calcium for bone growth and its advised for them drinking it a lot.
I only drink pasteurized milk and my son to, he drinks more then I because he really needs it(so its advised). But fresh milk, I couldnt handle without puking anymore, It was like I could see the different liquids driving in it(thinking about the puscells) Poor cows.. *My son is scared of them, I told him that the cow should be scared of him, you're drinking al his milk*:p

Infants have enzymes to digest milk but loose it as they get older. Last I heard anyway.

(27-07-2015, 10:35 PM)peggy Wrote:  Hannah, there is a lot of calcium in plants, don't worry. Smile I have tracked my food intake at cronometer.com and I average 800-1000mg per day without problems. I read that 600mg is enough if you get your calcium from plants, since your body will absorb it much better than from dairy, which is acidic.

Blackstrap molasses is also very rich in calcium and iron, I take 1 tbsp per day.

Read more infos about how dairy can lead to osteoporosis:
http://www.pcrm.org/health/health-topics...rong-bones

I will make pics of the book pages soon. Smile

Thank you, yes I read about that before pretty scary though my grandma has it and she does never consume diary productsSad

(27-07-2015, 10:47 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(27-07-2015, 09:42 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  

Infants have enzymes to digest milk but loose it as they get older. Last I heard anyway.

That's interesting..

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon