Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How a plant based diet can improve your health!

(25-07-2015, 08:50 PM)peggy Wrote:  Profile of an editorial published by Dr. Dean Ornish in the American Journal of Cardiology describing the optimal diet (no graphic content in this video)

Good thread Peggy, I like this video too, lots off vegetables listed! But I have to see it big for a good view.
I think healthy eating is very important and am happy that I finally see a doctor in this vid. recommending healthy diets.
But it really is important, It can change your skin,hair ,energy, mood and appaerently so much more, Its ashame many people forget that and just buy cheap foods which are often unhealthy.
But if I think I just cant be vegan, its not in me..I love eating a hotdog from time to time or a nice steak etc.
I was afraid to watch the video´s as well, but I think that by becoming vegan we can´t stop the cruelty in the meat industry. I know if we all think like that its getting nowhere..But I think maaaany people have to be convinced with facts for many years before lowering their meat comsumption since meat is everywhere.. Especially when you go out for food, many meals are build around meat. Many people just love it.
I also experience that if I didnt ate meat with my dinner I get more munchies and feel less full. Vegan still sounds a bit strange for me, like how will I survive that?
So maybe you can post up an vegatarian recipe for some inspirationTongue
I would like to hear more about it, as I'm interested in the possible health benefits.Smile

Hannah, see my post #3 on:
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=21496

POM

Hannah I hear what you are saying. I come from a culture of big meat eaters so its going to be a hard transition but I AM GOING TO TRY. And a huge part of it too is seeing some recipes that show you CAN infact enjoy raw or a meat free diet and have it tasty.
Im sure Peggy will help us out with that as the thread progresses.
Finding out Im lactose intolerance goes a long way to starting the process because all dairy has bloody lactose in it!

(25-07-2015, 09:59 PM)pom19 Wrote:  Hannah, see my post #3 on:

POM

Thanks, the recipes look nice, but still it wouldnt be enough to tame my hunger. I already eat half of my plate loaded with veggies.then a 35% of carbs and 15% meat.. But I need the meat..it finishes it and makes me fullfilled.
But Peggy dont you eat anything coming from an animal? For example sauces with egg in it or milkpowder? And odn't you think it's difficult?

(25-07-2015, 10:17 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  

POM

Thanks, the recipes look nice, but still it wouldnt be enough to tame my hunger. I already eat half of my plate loaded with veggies.then a 35% of carbs and 15% meat.. But I need the meat..it finishes it and makes me fullfilled.
But Peggy dont you eat anything coming from an animal? For example sauces with egg in it or milkpowder? And odn't you think it's difficult?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is how I eat everyday:
Fruits, veggies, nuts. Some days I eat sea foods (wild caught), and sometimes meat. The meat has to be all natural, humanely treated, and even if I can get properly slaughtered meat like Jewish (Kosher) or halal meat (not always practical) it would be great, so as a rule I do not eat meat and I am fine with that. I love eggs, but again, it has to be cage free and all natural, expensive though, but that’s how it is for me. I rather not eat other meats. See Peggy’s video on how they treat animals for a regular supermarket meat, a shame. POM

(25-07-2015, 10:21 PM)pom19 Wrote:  

POM

Fruits, veggies, nuts. Some days I eat sea foods (wild caught), and sometimes meat. The meat has to be all natural, humanely treated, and even if I can get properly slaughtered meat like Jewish (Kosher) or halal meat (not always practical) it would be great, so as a rule I do not eat meat and I am fine with that. I love eggs, but again, it has to be cage free and all natural, expensive though, but that’s how it is for me. I rather not eat other meats. See Peggy’s video on how they treat animals for a regular supermarket meat, a shame. POM
I read there is a chemistry change in animals that are killed in an inhumane manner, puts their cells into some sort of shock which in turn affects the quality of the meat. I never understood what halal meat meant until I read this.

(25-07-2015, 10:25 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  

POM

I read there is a chemistry change in animals that are killed in an inhumane manner, puts their cells into some sort of shock which in turn affects the quality of the meat. I never understood what halal meat meant until I read this.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Exactly, I read that too, and intuitively I feel t is correct (Karma). I have always found a piece of truth in every religion and culture around the world, and if we are open minded we can learn a lot from them without belonging to any particular religion or group. As Nietzsche said "Truth is One." POM

POM

Yes it is sad and they should get a better treatment..I totally agree. Though I need my meat and healthy nutrients.. and I cant afford to pay double the price. Thats ashame too.. They should offer us normal prices for something that should be the standard.

Thanks for your interest in this thread guys!

Pom, you should be fine since you consume very little meat / fish. Smile I watched "Forkes Over Knifes" (the complete film) when it was still available for free at Youtube a year ago or so and I remember they were talking about a study (done on rats) about cancer and animal protein. As long as the intake of animal preotein was below 5% and the remaining 95% consisted of plant foods the rats did not develop cancer. But once their diet had more than 5% of animal products the rats developed cancer. After that they put them again on a 95% plant based diet and the cancer went away. Later they increased the animal products again and the cancer came back! That was really interesting.

So I really think a wholefood plant based diet is the healthiest. If you eat very little meat/fish you should be fine but your body doesn't need it. Smile

Ella, yes exactly, I read that too about the chemistry:

"When an animal is terrified, chased down, and suffered painful death, the chemicals corresponding to those emotions are present in muscle tissue which people eat." (http://www.wholevegan.com/meat.html)

A plant based diet on the other hand helps to be more balanced, more confident and peaceful. In addition, automatically an expansion of consciousness takes place. This is because that information is also stored in plants. Provided that the plants are not sprayed with pesticides or genetically modified, the informations are exclusively of positive nature. Both the sunlight, which is exposed to the plant, and the water and the nutrients, which the plant gets through the soil, are absorbed by our bodies. In this way, every tissue in our body is supplied with positive energy.

Hanna, you don't need any meat. Smile You just think so, because you were told so in the past and you are used to eat it, but your body doesn't need it. I even saw a video yesterday from the same doctor about how much meat a hamburger actually contains. I think it was only something between 2-14% or so and the remaining ingredients were cheap fillers, parasites, chemicals and ammonia. Let me search the video, I will post it once I found it. I bet the same crap is in a hotdog. A veggie burger would be a healthier alternative in my opinion. Smile

And sure I can post some recipes from time to time. Right now I am making a zucchini-quinoa-pizza. I haven't done this before so I have no idea how it turns out but I will let you know. Smile

(25-07-2015, 10:17 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  But Peggy dont you eat anything coming from an animal? For example sauces with egg in it or milkpowder? And odn't you think it's difficult?

Hannah, I eat mainly fruits, veggies, rice, potatoes, quinoa, beans, lentils, sprouts, nuts and seeds, so basically only wholefoods, nothing processed except mustard and tomato sauce. No milkpowder, no sauces with eggs. And no it's really not difficult. Smile

Oh and here is the video about the hamburger:

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon