Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM and pregnancy?

Hey everyone! So i recently started taking PM 2 weeks ago after waiting for forever to start it. I have my tubes tide about 5 years ago, just missed my period. I took a test today and all came back positive. This doesn't have anything to do with the PM herbs correct? I'm not going to take them anymore of course but it's pretty crazy I just started these 2 weeks ago and the test says I'm about 2-3 weeks along!!! PM can't cause false positives right??

Thanks!!

Tubal Ligation has a failure rate of somewhere between 0.1-0.5% by most estimates, and the risk of the operation becoming unsuccessful can increase over time (potentially a cumulative failure rate of up to 2%). so it's possible that this has happened to you (it unfortunately has to happen to someone).

If you used a urine test that looks for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), which almost all tests do there is the chance of a false positive if you have either blood or protein built up in your urine.

Pueraria Mirifica should not cause your body to produce HCG but it can affect your circulatory system (increasing blood pressure or if taken for a long time, causing clots) and if you've put your body under stress lately it may be the case that you've had some (very very minor) bleeding in your urine tract, which could form a false positive.

While the positive test is somewhat out of the ordinary, it's a relatively common side effect for PM to delay periods, especially if your dosages aren't matched to your menstrual cycle (essentially you are doing the same as not taking sugar pills whilst on the pill, although i wouldn't suggest PM be used as a contraceptive)

Regardless, as with any pregnancy test you should see a doctor about it if possible, just to be sure (and be honest about the PM). It's unlikely that your operation has failed, but it's pretty unlikely for PM to have caused the test positive too so better safe than sorry, especially when it may imply something else is wrong.

Best of Luck

Thank you! I took 4 tests and all came back positive. When I had my tubes tide I had a new one that just came out and looking online now it looks like that stopped doing it 1 year after I had it done because of the failure rate!! It was called Adiana and obviously it didn't work! Thanks for the information though I'm going to go to the doc in a few weeks because I'm really early just around 3 weeks Smile

(18-08-2015, 03:09 PM)LyraL Wrote:  Tubal Ligation has a failure rate of somewhere between 0.1-0.5% by most estimates, and the risk of the operation becoming unsuccessful can increase over time (potentially a cumulative failure rate of up to 2%). so it's possible that this has happened to you (it unfortunately has to happen to someone).

If you used a urine test that looks for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), which almost all tests do there is the chance of a false positive if you have either blood or protein built up in your urine.

Pueraria Mirifica should not cause your body to produce HCG but it can affect your circulatory system (increasing blood pressure or if taken for a long time, causing clots) and if you've put your body under stress lately it may be the case that you've had some (very very minor) bleeding in your urine tract, which could form a false positive.

While the positive test is somewhat out of the ordinary, it's a relatively common side effect for PM to delay periods, especially if your dosages aren't matched to your menstrual cycle (essentially you are doing the same as not taking sugar pills whilst on the pill, although i wouldn't suggest PM be used as a contraceptive)

Regardless, as with any pregnancy test you should see a doctor about it if possible, just to be sure (and be honest about the PM). It's unlikely that your operation has failed, but it's pretty unlikely for PM to have caused the test positive too so better safe than sorry, especially when it may imply something else is wrong.

Best of Luck

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon