Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

ribcage pokes out too much

[Image: search?q=sticking+out+rib+cage&espv=2&bi..._8Z3GP8%3D]

dont know if this link worked.. not sure how to add pictures lol but anyways this isnt my stomach but its similar to this. i have a good cushioney skinny stomach but my rib cage pops out sooo much. i love crop tops and im insecure to wear them cuz my flabby stomach and poking out ribcage sticks out! will corset training help push in the ribs or would it make it worse?

When corsets were popular. Many women had the lowest ribs surgically removed to get the very tiny waist. But I have seen nude models for art in that time period that had real tiny waist.. And it always looked like their ribs pretty much were in line to the waist.

But, I would suppose it's like any body mod anyone does w/out surgical means, it would take some time.

surgical removal of the lower ribs has always only been performed by the most extreme and dedicated corset wearers- the kind who shoots for a waist you can wrap your thumb and forefinger around- it's by no means necessary and is one of the most risky and foolish cosmetic surgeries you can do

without the image link working it's hard to really say (try uploading it to an imagesharing website like imgur or tinypic and providing a link).

I will say that the majority of pressure of a corset is on the sides and the front bones tends not to be strong enough/ curved enough to apply a lot of inward pressure on the front of the ribcage (too much pressure on the sternum can be very dangerous). While you might see some benefit overtime it'd be a very slow process I should imagine.

Corsets do do a very good job (over the course of months, which is short in corsetry terms) of bending the lower ribs inward, which can help to mitigate the issue of a ribcage that sticks out but for any pressure to the front I'd have a long and hard chat with a professional custom corsetiere and they should be able to come up with a design that suits your purposes as well as explain the risks.

If you upload an image properly I could give you a little more useful advice and comment on what might work for you.

Corset training will work for pushing in the ribs, but it will take a long time of very dedicated corset wearing. Cathie Jung's website actually has x-rays before and after her corset training. [url=http://www.cathiejung.com/waist-xrays.htm[/url] (This is kind of the extreme example as she is the world record holder for smallest waist.) A good resource for everything about corsets is http://www.staylace.com/

Forget about everything you have just read about rib removal, that is primarily an urban myth. I have yet to come across an example of this procedure actually being done. They achieved the tiny waists in the 1800's by starting the corseting before being fully grown, not by removing ribs.

(11-09-2015, 06:38 AM)Grew_Some Wrote:  Corset training will work for pushing in the ribs, but it will take a long time of very dedicated corset wearing. Cathie Jung's website actually has x-rays before and after her corset training. [url=http://www.cathiejung.com/waist-xrays.htm[/url] (This is kind of the extreme example as she is the world record holder for smallest waist.) A good resource for everything about corsets is http://www.staylace.com/

Forget about everything you have just read about rib removal, that is primarily an urban myth. I have yet to come across an example of this procedure actually being done. They achieved the tiny waists in the 1800's by starting the corseting before being fully grown, not by removing ribs.

Better do some research my friend. I was done during anti bellum and post Civil War till about 1910, and I assume some today. (instant gratification factor, like boobs)

(11-09-2015, 02:00 PM)iaboy Wrote:  
(11-09-2015, 06:38 AM)Grew_Some Wrote:  Corset training will work for pushing in the ribs, but it will take a long time of very dedicated corset wearing. Cathie Jung's website actually has x-rays before and after her corset training. [url=http://www.cathiejung.com/waist-xrays.htm[/url] (This is kind of the extreme example as she is the world record holder for smallest waist.) A good resource for everything about corsets is http://www.staylace.com/

Better do some research my friend. I was done during anti bellum and post Civil War till about 1910, and I assume some today. (instant gratification factor, like boobs)

I still stand by the urban myth on this one, in the 1800's rib removal would have been an extremely risky procedure. It could be done today, but not likely by any reputable surgeon (unless it was necessary) Look up 'rib removal' on Wikipedia.

Just going on my love of American History and fashion from Colonial Times to WW1.

And I agree. Before the CW, there was no anesthesia, other than plying her with liquor.

There is a mansion, in N.E. Iowa.... That one daughter died due to complications of that form of plastic surgery.. (Or what we now call Body Mod.)

Sorry to rant on you earlier iaboy. I think I'm just put out by the razzing that Cher took over the rumour that she had ribs removed.

You are probably right that it has been tried (maybe even successfully) in a few cases. After all most myths will have some basis in fact. I don't think it was the norm though.

(12-09-2015, 05:43 AM)Grew_Some Wrote:  Sorry to rant on you earlier iaboy. I think I'm just put out by the razzing that Cher took over the rumour that she had ribs removed.

You are probably right that it has been tried (maybe even successfully) in a few cases. After all most myths will have some basis in fact. I don't think it was the norm though.

Ahhh, no need to apologize. Yes, it has been done.. I think it real silly and short sighted to have a rib removed just so you can get a more unimpeded waist line. It's like a high dollar model removing most of her molars to get a more look of prominent cheeks.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon