Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Why DO breasts ache in Luteal?

(14-09-2015, 07:51 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Yeh I read and read re the boob thing and it seems it mightttt be a normal thing the pain... If it's normal I don't mind cause they were a lot more perky today...
Ooo!! Can I feel, er, ah, see???

(14-09-2015, 09:38 PM)WantAPair Wrote:  
(14-09-2015, 07:51 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Yeh I read and read re the boob thing and it seems it mightttt be a normal thing the pain... If it's normal I don't mind cause they were a lot more perky today...
I tried the beer thing and it worked.
Even though I'm meant to be off beer this week...

(15-09-2015, 06:23 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(14-09-2015, 09:38 PM)WantAPair Wrote:  
I tried the beer thing and it worked.
Even though I'm meant to be off beer this week...
I'm glad it worked for you!! :-) And Rae's asshole hubby thought she was an idiot!! He should slide under a Mack truck and taste his own blood for the nasty shit he's done to her!!

Breast ache in luteal because of progesterone. Progesterone hormone rises during luteal phase and causes water retention in the breast. It is the same hormone that causes the breast to swell with milk during pregnancy.. During our monthly cycle our body goes through some what of a fake pregnancy, it is why pregnancy symptoms and PMS are so alike and many women get confused if they're expecting their period or they are pregnant!

Estrogen might cause breast pain if they are growing from adding estrogen from the body, but that is growing pains. Luteal is all progesterone raising in the body which causes swelling and water retention. It is why swell up in water weight/gain a few pounds before we get our period.

Also I have heard that hops are good for breast growth. Maybe that's why all those german gals are big breasted! lol but yeah, if youre detoxing, don't drink.. there is a supplement you can take for hops, I believe. Also hops in beer/beer in general can bloat you :/ I am not sure if the supplement might do that..

(26-10-2015, 04:28 PM)missboobshirt Wrote:  Breast ache in luteal because of progesterone. Progesterone hormone rises during luteal phase and causes water retention in the breast. It is the same hormone that causes the breast to swell with milk during pregnancy.. During our monthly cycle our body goes through some what of a fake pregnancy, it is why pregnancy symptoms and PMS are so alike and many women get confused if they're expecting their period or they are pregnant!

Estrogen might cause breast pain if they are growing from adding estrogen from the body, but that is growing pains. Luteal is all progesterone raising in the body which causes swelling and water retention. It is why swell up in water weight/gain a few pounds before we get our period.
Hey miss.
Yeh I sort of came to that conclusion too, the progesterone water retention thing. Funny how some months you have it and some you don't though, makes you wonder if progesterone fluctuates and its not like you have a certain amount each cycle.

Hops I thought was high in phyto e, I did buy some hops tea as its a wonderful sedative they say but never took it fearing it might raise e too much.

(26-10-2015, 07:12 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(26-10-2015, 04:28 PM)missboobshirt Wrote:  Breast ache in luteal because of progesterone. Progesterone hormone rises during luteal phase and causes water retention in the breast. It is the same hormone that causes the breast to swell with milk during pregnancy.. During our monthly cycle our body goes through some what of a fake pregnancy, it is why pregnancy symptoms and PMS are so alike and many women get confused if they're expecting their period or they are pregnant!

Hey miss.
Yeh I sort of came to that conclusion too, the progesterone water retention thing. Funny how some months you have it and some you don't though, makes you wonder if progesterone fluctuates and its not like you have a certain amount each cycle.

Hops I thought was high in phyto e, I did buy some hops tea as its a wonderful sedative they say but never took it fearing it might raise e too much.

Before my fluctuations my breast swelling was like clockwork! I would go by knowing I ovulated if my breasts hurt or not, I still do this. But when my hormones got messed up I noticed I didnt have swelling anymore. I feel like that could be a sign of hormonal imbalance (if you have it sometimes and sometimes you dont, that is how it is for me, anyway) I think P does fluctuate :/ I really dont think its suppose to-- but then again some women dont really get water retention/breast pain when their P raises, it's a side effect but not all women get it. so hmm Huh

From my own more recent experiences I can support the progesterone causing luteal swelling statement..Ever since I started taking PM i have no more luteal swelling or soreness. Also been quite thrifty with pc-cream this month because of my exreme long previous cycle and now I dont even have the sligthest ''luteal breast feeling'' anymore...

And Ella, hop is a really mild phyto-estrogen, i dont think it can hurt youTongueSmile

(26-10-2015, 10:38 PM)Hannah14 Wrote:  From my own more recent experiences I can support the progesterone causing luteal swelling statement..Ever since I started taking PM i have no more luteal swelling or soreness. Also been quite thrifty with pc-cream this month because of my exreme long previous cycle and now I dont even have the sligthest ''luteal breast feeling'' anymore...

And Ella, hop is a really mild phyto-estrogen, i dont think it can hurt youTongueSmile

Do you want the luteal swelling? you might be putting in too much E to your system, or maybe this could just be a side effect of it "helping" your PMS (PM is said to relief PMS symptoms like bloating and such, soo--) but I for one love my luteal phase LOL Big Grin

(27-10-2015, 02:22 PM)missboobshirt Wrote:  
(26-10-2015, 10:38 PM)Hannah14 Wrote:  From my own more recent experiences I can support the progesterone causing luteal swelling statement..Ever since I started taking PM i have no more luteal swelling or soreness. Also been quite thrifty with pc-cream this month because of my exreme long previous cycle and now I dont even have the sligthest ''luteal breast feeling'' anymore...

Do you want the luteal swelling? you might be putting in too much E to your system, or maybe this could just be a side effect of it "helping" your PMS (PM is said to relief PMS symptoms like bloating and such, soo--) but I for one love my luteal phase LOL Big Grin

Ditto. I'm in luteal now. Just impatiently awaiting breast swelling! *comeonswelling*

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon