Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

supplementing with collagen..opinions please!

Hello everybody,

I've been dabbing about collagen supplements before, therefore I kept it with supplementing with vitamine C, thee most important ´´precursor´´ to produce/maintain healthy collagen.
However, my skin looks a bit more 'flabby' lately so I could use a collagen boost.
But when I start reading ''scientific''- clinical trials I read it is probably useless because collagen are just amino-acids which in turn become proteins...Huh
So maybe anybody can tell me about their experience with collagen..did you noticed differences in your skin?
Articles that state different then what I just wrote here are also welcome.
Thanks in advanceSmile

The most basic way is to take 3,000 mg MSM. Your body takes the MSM, protein and vitamin C and makes collagen. Most people already have plenty of protein, and you can get plenty of vitamin C from half a fruit, ideally, or else a multi-vitamin. So it's mainly the MSM.

Nearly all collagen supplements containing collagen are useless because you need food amounts, not pill amounts.

Now the ideal way is:
1. Make broth from chicken's feet. Chicken's foot, water, salt. Contains tons of collagen in a food amount.

2. Blend at least 6 grams or about 1-1/2 tsp (solid, with no air) fresh turmeric root. Many health food stores have it such as Sprouts or Mother's. Haven. This is the best source I know of for a large quantity and variety of antioxidants. Antioxidants protect collagen from the damage that leads to sag and wrinkles. Besides many many other benefits.

3. Apply hyaluronic acid generously. This is the goo between collagen that swells up with water and holds it there. However hyaluronic acid is expensive and the body burns through many grams a day. Considering that many solutions are 1% hyaluronic acid, it would cost a fortune to apply this much everywhere. Best for spot applications. Instead your body can make its own with magnesium. Spinach, cowpeas, and other dark greens and seeds are the best for magnesium.

(22-11-2015, 03:33 PM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  The most basic way is to take 3,000 mg MSM. Your body takes the MSM, protein and vitamin C and makes collagen. Most people already have plenty of protein, and you can get plenty of vitamin C from half a fruit, ideally, or else a multi-vitamin. So it's mainly the MSM.

Nearly all collagen supplements containing collagen are useless because you need food amounts, not pill amounts.

Now the ideal way is:
1. Make broth from chicken's feet. Chicken's foot, water, salt. Contains tons of collagen in a food amount.

2. Blend at least 6 grams or about 1-1/2 tsp (solid, with no air) fresh turmeric root. Many health food stores have it such as Sprouts or Mother's. Haven. This is the best source I know of for a large quantity and variety of antioxidants. Antioxidants protect collagen from the damage that leads to sag and wrinkles. Besides many many other benefits.

3. Apply hyaluronic acid generously. This is the goo between collagen that swells up with water and holds it there. However hyaluronic acid is expensive and the body burns through many grams a day. Considering that many solutions are 1% hyaluronic acid, it would cost a fortune to apply this much everywhere. Best for spot applications. Instead your body can make its own with magnesium. Spinach, cowpeas, and other dark greens and seeds are the best for magnesium.

thanks a lot Joe, thats some real good advice.Ill def purchase them all,very curious about the h.acid

I love skin care Big Grin what do you mean by flabby though? skin can dry out, wrinkle or sag due to low vitamin A, lack of water intake/dehydration, dryness, age/less collagen production. Coconut oil is great for skin's elasticity and hydration. It helps free radicals and connective tissue. Retin-A is good for skin, found in some over the counter creams, at sephora or even prescribed by a dermatologist in serious cases. Drink lots and lots of water! as far as collagen goes, try a Hydrolyzed collagen-- that is the one I am looking into. Its very good for NBE as well Smile

(28-11-2015, 09:08 PM)missboobshirt Wrote:  I love skin care Big Grin what do you mean by flabby though? skin can dry out, wrinkle or sag due to low vitamin A, lack of water intake/dehydration, dryness, age/less collagen production. Coconut oil is great for skin's elasticity and hydration. It helps free radicals and connective tissue. Retin-A is good for skin, found in some over the counter creams, at sephora or even prescribed by a dermatologist in serious cases. Drink lots and lots of water! as far as collagen goes, try a Hydrolyzed collagen-- that is the one I am looking into. Its very good for NBE as well Smile

Hey Miss, whats Sephora? I meant by flabby my butt, it became a bit saggy and empty just like my breasts at timesBlush Whats the benefit of hydrolyzed collagen? Is it for external applyance or in supplement form?
Do you have experience with hyaluronic acid btw? Sounds so promising but I am concerned seeeing it keeps fluids trapped that it might hinder fat storage..

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon