Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Where can I find an electric nursing pump that does NOT shut off automatically?

Wink 

I'm trying to create a pumping system I can use for sleeping. I realized that a portable nursing pump would work perfectly if I could find one that doesn't automatically shut off. Does anyone know of one? Preferably one that uses low pressure or has a lower pressure setting. I have an Ncvi pump, but it's not good for sleeping because it cycles through low, medium, and high pressure for 30 minutes then shuts off.

I don't know of any. The problem with it running all the time is if it isn't like a medical or industrial grade pump it will not last long. And typically the more it pumps the higher the pressures which can damage your breasts. You would need some kind of pressure regulator or something.

Nursing pumps use a pump and release pattern that seems to negate the need for a pressure sensor. You control the pressure by varying the length of the "pump" time in relation to the "release" time. Actually, it seems like they usually have preset intensity levels and the higher intensities use longer pump times, if that makes sense. As long as the suction produced isn't too high to begin with, all Ill need to do is choose the lowest intensity, and it shouldn't be possible to overpump.

As far as wear and tear is concerned, hopefully I won't have to replace it more often than every 3 or 4 months, but if you have any tips on how to choose a sturdy unit, I'm all ears. Thanks

Btw...im definitely open to the idea of using some other kind of pump that does have a pressure sensor. Like an aquarium pump or something, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Nursing pumps judt happen to be very quiet, small, and light. The one I have is also pretty comfy. It just doesn't suit my needs.

Playtex used to make one called Petite double electric breast pump,very durable , no timer just on/off switch ,3 settings ,not as quiet as some pumps are,there's a couple listed on ebay if your interested in used

Awesome! Hopefully the pressure is low enough. If so, this is perfect for me. Now I just have to figure out if I want to wait for a pair of brava domes to appear on ebay. It's pretty rare to find them sold on their own. If not, Ill have to figure out a padding solution that will actually work.

I looked at some reviews for that playtex pump and even the people that like it seem to think that it shouldn't be used daily, or for too long at one time, because the motor breaks very easily. It still seems tempting at only 20 bucks. But now Im worried that I wouldn't be able to get even one month of heavy usage out of it. I guess it might be cheap to enough take the risk, but I'm not sure. Maybe playtex has a newer, better model without automatic shut-off. I'll check out there sight, but breast pump descriptions never seem to mention whether they have a timer or not.

Nvmd, I bought the playtex pump. For $20, who cares. It's worth a try. If it breaks, Ill invest in a slightly more expensive pump like my $50 Ncvi pump, which can run fit hours as long as I restart it every 30 minutes.

A pair of brava domes finally went up on ebay without the system. Seller wants $520 plus $40 shipping?!?! I've stalked brava on ebay long enough to know that that is an obscenely high price for a used pair, but I don't remember exactly how much the used domes usually go for. I may have to find out.

I use an Ardo Calypso double electric breast pump.

I have sometimes pumped for 2 hours at a time, and as far as I know it has no timer feature. The pumping rate and suction can be set independently.

It is very quiet so you could sleep wearing it.

It is also very hygienic and easy to clean, as any expression you achieve is isolated from the pumping components by a membrane.

This is more or less a hospital grade unit and is therefore quite expensive.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon