Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

vitex and hair loss

vitex and hair loss
June 21 2007 at 1:45 AM KimBoly (Login KimBoly)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone here experienced hairloss from using vitex?

Author Reply

stefanie
(Login stefanie_ss) Re: vitex and hair loss June 21 2007, 1:58 AM

if you have lost hair from vitex, drop it. maybe substitute saw palmetto.

KimBoly
(Login KimBoly) i havent lost any hair June 21 2007, 2:20 AM

I am considering going on it and I have heard that it causes hair loss.

Thanx

Deb
(Login ddover) Re: vitex and hair loss June 21 2007, 2:30 AM

I've been on it for about 3 months and haven't had any problems. In fact, I will keep taking it for other reasons besides NBE. My periods and PMS are almost non existant now!! Enough reason for me to keep taking it:-)

KimBoly
(Login KimBoly) thats awesome! June 21 2007, 2:45 AM

Have you had any weight gain?

Kari
(Login PinkNika) re:vitex and hair loss June 21 2007, 4:35 AM

I haven't had any problems with hair loss, and I have been taking vitex for 6 months, I did some research online and a lot of websites say it actually promotes hair growth, but then there are other sites that some of the side effects are hair loss. I hate when I find information like that, but here are the links that I found:

These are the ones that say it helps:

http://www.alternativedr.com/hair_loss.htm

http://www.hairloss-research.org/Estroge...tives.html

here are some that say it doesn't:

https://www.drugdigest.org/DD/PrintableP...94,00.html

http://www.vitamins-supplements.org/herb.../vitex.php

Hope it helps Smile

-Kari

Henri
(Login henriettahippo)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: vitex and hair loss June 21 2007, 11:39 AM

I have been on Vitex since Dec, and have had no hair loss, just the opposite. I have noticed less hair falling out now, then I did before I started taking it. Although I haven't noticed any major improvement for NBE with it, I will say that it does wonderful things for pms symptoms.

Deb
(Login ddover) Re: vitex and hair loss June 21 2007, 1:35 PM

Nope, no weight gain at all! I did have weight gain when I was on the individual herbs. About 10 pounds worth! Since I've stopped all those and am only taking the Vitex and BO, I've lost the 10 pounds. I have found that I have no acne (at 41, that's a good thing), PMS is gone, periods use to last 7 days at least and now they are over in 3. I still have a pretty bad first day, but after that, I can't even tell I'm having it!

Sheepskates
(no login) Re: vitex and hair loss June 21 2007, 8:43 PM

But doesn't the Vitex stop the Bovine Ovary from having any effect since it balances out hormones rather than allow raised levels of them?

Moonkissed
(Login Moonkissed)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: vitex and hair loss June 22 2007, 8:22 AM

No hair loss. Actually, my hair has grown thicker overall, but that is also because I have been taking silica and biotin. Smile

------------------
It's always darkest before the dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it. -- Author Unknown.

Deb
(Login ddover) Re: vitex and hair loss June 22 2007, 12:20 PM

Weelllll, that is an interesting question. And, one I hadn't thought about. I have pains with the BO and I am having some progress as well. But, if the Vitex interfers with it, then I may have to stop the BO and go with something else. I'm not giving up the Vitex!:-)) Anyone else here have info on taking the Vitex and BO together??? I really don't want to have to start over again with, yet again, a new pill. I already feel like a science project. Like I belong in one of those booths at the fair. "ladies and gentlemen, step on up and see the lady that has tried every pill in the world to make her boobs grow" Sorry, I'm not awake yet:-)))

sabrina
(no login) vitex and hair loss July 1 2013, 4:37 AM

I believe it has caused me much heartache. Perhaps I am extreme case. Took vitex for 3 months. Did not know it could cause hair loss since most sites do not mention it. Now stopped and am in wait and see mode.

I think the only hair loss will be on your body and face I doubt it will be the hair on top of your head. I have been taking Vitex for awhile and it has only made my body hair almost to the point it isn't even trying to grow anymore.Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon