Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fenugreek: too much appetite!

Fenugreek: too much appetite!
May 20 2009 at 6:27 PM
Oshun (Login oshun)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everybody,

First I would like to apologize for my english I'm French.

I really like this forum and I've learned a lot of things.
So I started my own routine (3 fenugreek, 6 saw palmetto, 3 wild yam per day) there is 15 days. I felt pain in my breast and I was happy... buuut I can stand eating like fenugreek makes me eat!
I eat all day non stop! Every hour I have something in my mouth! I never never feel full! My satiety signal has totally disappeared and I don't feel hungry too because I eat way too much but I can't resist to food!
I feel like I have bulimia! It's awful!
I won't lie before I wasn't able to live without snacking but I managed to control this bad habit and I lost a lot of weight (and my breast too! lol).

I was interested by fennel but I never heard someone say that she managed with fennel, wild yam and saw palmetto.

What can I do? Please someone help me.

P.s:I'm 24, 63 kilos, 168 cm, 34A (french size 90A)

gina
(Login ginalisa77) Re: Fenugreek: too much appetite! May 20 2009, 10:51 PM

Hi Oshun

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your appetite! I take fenugreek and saw palmetto and a little fennel also but have not noticed an increase in appetite in myself. Do you know for sure it is definitely the fenugreek making you eat more? I have heard that saw palmetto can help increase your appetite also, so it might be this that is making you want to eat perhaps? I did a quick search on the internet and some sites say fenugreek does help you eat more, while other websites say it helps you control your weight/lose weight. Very confusing!

I would suggest definitely trying the fennel, as this is popular for weight loss and suppressing your appetite. But you are best to still combine it with the fenugreek, buy this is just my opinion. I have a few teaspoons of fenugreek powder each day and I also have a cup of tea made from fennel and fenugreek seeds. I have read that fennel and fenugreek work well together for breast growth. You could maybe reduce your fenugreek by half and replace the other half with fennel?

Hope this helps!
Good luck Smile

Mel C
(Login mcovert) Re: Fenugreek: too much appetite! May 20 2009, 10:55 PM

I really think it is the SP doing this because ever since I started taking it,I have more of an appetite.They say you can try taking Red Clover with this or you can try Nettle Root,I believe.

rachel
(Login spiritualherb) Re: Fenugreek: too much appetite! May 21 2009, 8:11 AM

im the same at the moment, im taking sp and fenugreek, with red clover but will change this soon, my appetite is insatiable too! i think sp does it for me with eating alot. also its a good idea to supplement your diet with a protein shake, to really satisfy hunger pains. its best to consume carbohydrates with protein since the protein releases the carbohydrates slowly to the system without sugar spikes and hunger quickly resulting. protein will fill you up for a good while.Smileand its great for tissue repair especially breast growth.Smile

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Fenugreek: too much appetite! May 21 2009, 8:47 AM

Yeah SP is known to increase apetite more than fenugreek, also nototrious for causing cellulite. You can substitute it with nettle root if you don't want to risk it.

Oshun
(Login oshun) Thank you! May 21 2009, 2:50 PM

Gina***

Hi, at first I believed it was fenugreek because I tried it two months ago alone and I was eating a lot. But now I know that saw palmetto can increase appetite too I start to understand what happened.
Fenugreek+ saw palmetto is a no no for me! The two are considered by my body like anabolic food and not like appetite suppressant plant. I don't know why.

I will follow your advice and replace fenugreek by fennel.

MelC***

Hi MelC, I believe that this time saw palmetto is more guilty than fenugreek.
When I think about it I took 3000mg of it! But since I run every two days I believed it was good for me to have high dose of saw palmetto.
I don't want to use red clover because my estrogenic supplement during my follicular phase is pueraria mirifica and it will be too much. (In fact during my follicular phase I take FG,PM,SP, like that I have a galactologue, a source of phytoestrogen and an antiandrogen)
I was interested by nettle root but it works differently than saw palmetto but I think I will have to try it I must stop eating like that.

Rachel***
Hi Rachel, I'm happy to see that I'm not alone, sorry it's selfish but I was like what's wrong with me?!
I already eat two protein (whey) shakes per day One in the morning after and one in the afternoon. Japanese ladies believe that all you need for grow it's Protein, isoflavone and collagen.
They take whey shakes the evening with agar-agar to help the absorption but it's too much for me.
Usually after eat them I feel full for hours but with the saw palmetto and the fenugreek it was not engouh!

Moon***
Hi Moon, my cellulite has not increased I believe that the jogging help I use seaweed mud too and it does the trick.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon