Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Bustea Recipe

Bustea Recipe
August 14 2009 at 3:24 PM
Mel C (Login mcovert)
Hi,Lisa.Sorry it took a minute for me to reply.Busy past 2 weeks.I do not mind sharing at all.I probably need to post this on the Food and Drink Recipe resource page.

I go to the health food and purchase the herbs.I buy the Fenugreek Seed and Fennel Seed in bigger quantities.I spent about $8 with my initial purchase for everything.

1 TBSP Fenugreek Seeds
1 Tsp. Fennel Seeds

Then a pinch of everything else:
Anise Seed
Caraway Seed
Dill Weed
Lemongrass
Licorice Root
Basil
Marjoram

I bought a strainer at first,but it was time consuming and had to be cleaned each time,and could get messy if the clamp on the strainer did not catch.
I looked into buying some empty tea bags,but they were $9 for 100 ct.
Well,I tried putting the stuff in a coffee filter and running it through the coffee pot-----didn't work.So,I took my coffee filters,put everything in it w/spoon,gathered and twisted the coffee filter once I had it filled,and tied it off with a bread tie----voila! It worked.I make up enough for the week and put them in a jar,plastic bag,etc. to store them.

I just throw them in with some water------it does make a huge cup of tea,or two regular cups-----and get them to boiling on med-high heat.The fenugreek seeds will swell.Every now and again,the bag will crack and herbs will escape,so that's why I get it to boiling on med-high.Then,I turn the stove off and let it steep for about 10 min.That way,it cools off some,too.I pour it in a cup with sugar.I use Splenda now.It's awful without it being sweetened.You can put some lemon,milk,soy milk,or cream in,too.

So,hope this helps.If you don't want to go through all that,you can order 100 pre-made bags of Bustea from Greenbush Herbs.They are .net.I think with shipping,they are $14.95.Good luck!

~~What you think about,you bring about~~

Mel C

roakie
(Login roakie)
Re: To Lisa------Bustea Recipe
August 15 2009, 6:49 AM

Or, you could probably use a teaball and it won't leak out. I just bought one but I haven't tried it yet!

Mel C
(Login mcovert)
August 16 2009, 12:02 AM

Oh,yea.I was using a teaball.That's what I meant when I said strainer(my brain has been foggy lately!).It is a mess if the clasp doesn't catch.I used this for about a month.Plus,the herbs and spices leak out of it.Yuk......but I'm picky like that.

Mel C

mel67
(Login mel67)
August 17 2009, 9:34 AM

no no no no splenda. I think you may better of with organic sugar, honey or stevia if available to you.

splenda bad. splenda very bad.

Mel C
(Login mcovert)
August 29 2009, 3:01 AM

Thanks for the advice on the Splenda mel67,but I cannot afford the organic sweetener right now.It is way too high,and I'm on work comp right now,and they are trying to starve me out right now.I have used this stuff for years.I used honey,but was using it up way too fast.

Mel C

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon