Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

I'm finally back. (and looking for people to help me research something)

(16-01-2016, 02:19 PM)Candace Wrote:  The European coumarin tolerable daily intake is 0.1 mg/kg based on the liver toxicity data.

That's a pretty nonsensical number, tbh. When so many studies have been done that point to a much higher number. Also, the fact you'll consume that much without really trying if you eat any number of very common foods. Curries are especially rich in coumarin, yet people who eat a lot of curry aren't dying like crazy.

The 97th percentile coumarin consumption of South Asians in the UK is 0.076 mg/kg, so practically no one is accidentally exceeding the TDI.

(14-01-2016, 09:48 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  By the way, another exception I found is white peony. However I think it's already been sufficiently covered by myself and others why white peony (peoniflorin being the active compound) doesn't work that well. If you think what I've discovered about coumarin is prohibitive, white peony is worse. It's a very effective androgen blocker on several levels, upregulation of aromatase, downregulation or 17-beta-HSD, downregulation of 5-alpha-reductase, and androgen receptor antagonism... however the required dose is so high that it's literally impossible to reach, and I'm not just talking about cost, I'm talking about actually consuming that many grams of rhizome (improperly referred to as root by most people, the roots are actually trimmed away from the rhizome and unused, rhizome is literally underground stem).

Hi Abi

Great to see you back. I joined just about the time you took your break, but have definitely been aware of and appreciate your contribution to BN :-)

Your comment about peony caught my eye. I did try a search of your thread but couldn't find the comments you refer to?

To save you repeating yourself, perhaps you could point me in the right direction please? And would this also apply to tincture taken sublingually?

Thanks.

Huggy

Anyways, welcome back Abi... Been a long time.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon