Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

A warning about green tea and green tea extracts.

http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1...141.3.7368

It is highly disruptive of the endocrine system in both males and females at high doses. No studies seem to exist to explain exactly what it's doing to cause these effects, but it causes both male sex organs and female sex organs to atrophy and reduces both testosterone and estradiol levels.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/138/11/2156.long

However, it seems to have different effects on males vs females. Those who possess ovaries and a uterus should definitively avoid high doses of green tea based upon the earlier article, based upon the latter, however, it'd be fantastic in trans women or men who just want to grow breasts due to it's aromatizing effect on males.

(15-01-2016, 11:15 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1...141.3.7368

It is highly disruptive of the endocrine system in both males and females at high doses. No studies seem to exist to explain exactly what it's doing to cause these effects, but it causes both male sex organs and female sex organs to atrophy and reduces both testosterone and estradiol levels.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/138/11/2156.long

However, it seems to have different effects on males vs females. Those who possess ovaries and a uterus should definitively avoid high doses of green tea based upon the earlier article, based upon the latter, however, it'd be fantastic in trans women or men who just want to grow breasts due to it's aromatizing effect on males.

Hmm interesting because I was told some girls complained of breast reduction upon consuming green tea.. I figured it may have been a detoxing effect .. Clearly not :s

We aren't talking a cup or two of green tea leaves though here are we.? I don't have time to fully read the article just now

(15-01-2016, 06:49 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  Hmm interesting because I was told some girls complained of breast reduction upon consuming green tea.. I figured it may have been a detoxing effect .. Clearly not :s

We aren't talking a cup or two of green tea leaves though here are we.? I don't have time to fully read the article just now

Now that I've seen the research, this does not surprise me. The effect will of course be strengthened with greater amounts, but it'll be noticeable even at two cups I think. One cup a day, no problem probably. Might have an effect, but likely not noticeably.

What you mainly need to steer very well clear of are GTE. Extracts are obviously going to have a much more powerful effect.

Green Tea and GTE are also fat burners, so it'll also cause a reduction that way.

In males, it'll eventually become synergistic in its effect, reducing testosterone levels, and the fat burning properties energizing and increasing aromatase activity leading to more estrogens. In females, no such synergy exists, it'll reduce estrogen, but due to the fat burning properties energizing and increasing aromatase activity it will also decrease testosterone, but it will only slow the decrease in estrogen, not stop it, and definitely not reverse it.

If your lack of growth is from a combo of E and T dominance, then and only then, would I suggest GT/GTE to a female as a possible one-product-fix.

(16-01-2016, 03:38 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(15-01-2016, 06:49 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  Hmm interesting because I was told some girls complained of breast reduction upon consuming green tea.. I figured it may have been a detoxing effect .. Clearly not :s

Now that I've seen the research, this does not surprise me. The effect will of course be strengthened with greater amounts, but it'll be noticeable even at two cups I think. One cup a day, no problem probably. Might have an effect, but likely not noticeably.

What you mainly need to steer very well clear of are GTE. Extracts are obviously going to have a much more powerful effect.

Green Tea and GTE are also fat burners, so it'll also cause a reduction that way.

In males, it'll eventually become synergistic in its effect, reducing testosterone levels, and the fat burning properties energizing and increasing aromatase activity leading to more estrogens. In females, no such synergy exists, it'll reduce estrogen, but due to the fat burning properties energizing and increasing aromatase activity it will also decrease testosterone, but it will only slow the decrease in estrogen, not stop it, and definitely not reverse it.

If your lack of growth is from a combo of E and T dominance, then and only then, would I suggest GT/GTE to a female as a possible one-product-fix.
While I don't have testosterone related characteristics E Doms more likely for me. I try for the most part to keep away from extracts but hypocrite that I am just starting Greenbush *youguessedit* extracts... Regardless il stick to my one green tea a day and leave it at that me thinks

I drink a large flask of green tea a day, but I notice the local health food store has 180 x 400mg green tea extract ( each tab is equivalent they say to drinking almost 8 cups of green tea a day ). For $15cdn ( that's @ $8 us!! ) I think I'll try it. I seem to be storing a muffin top in my middle section.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon