Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hops

Hops
February 11 2007 at 4:45 PM dandelion (Login dandelion1)
i've noticed that not many people here seem to be taking hops, however i've done some research and i've come across several studies or reports where hops was used on mice and their breast tissue was heavier, and that larger doses created thicker uturus walls. here's an exerpt : Used in the brewing of beer, hops contain a potent phytoestrogen called 8-prenylnaringenin which has 0.2-20% the potency of estradiol, the main human estrogen.
.... or...
Hops

Hops works as an appetite suppressant, promotes lactation, stabilizes the nervous system and moves waste out of the body. Hops has been used for centuries to enhance breast size and to promote milk production in new mothers. It is second only to Fenugreek in estrogenic compounds and can be consumed, used in tea, or added to lotion and massaged directly into the breasts. Hops is also used to treat amenorrhea, angina, asthma, heartburn, high blood pressure and to increase sexual desire in women.

so for those replacing fenugreek with fennel, could hops be an other alternative? if i remember clearly, eve used hops, and she had great results

Ann5
(Login Ann5)
Re: hops!
February 11 2007, 10:34 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I'll be ordering some hops soon. That's true, Eve did include hops. And some NBE products contains it, like wonderup for example. So it looks good.

LL
(Login Lillea)
February 11 2007, 10:37 PM

Hops do seem like a great option! I wonder about using it externally. An alchol free tincture would be good, preferably organic. Does anyone have a source?

dandelion
(Login dandelion1)
February 11 2007, 10:50 PM

i'm trying to find an alcohol free tincture as well - when it's alcohol base i rub it into my stomach instead. if i find a place i'll let you know!!
after reading eve's post, i read that she uses in boobie batter, in tea, and also in grain form. So i'm assuming that it was a large contributor to her success! i bought some hops tea and tincture and will be starting in 2 weeks ( i want to give whatever i'm doing a try first). HOwever the tea taht i have doesnt come in tea bags, and i've never made tea that way so we'll see how it goes!

Shaz
(Login Shazasim)
hops
March 2 2007, 1:47 PM

anyone with any luck with hops
i have found these capsules. will they be alright to add in the massage lotion and taking internally once at night cause i have that sleeplesness thing insomnis kind of. i m always thinking when i think i should be sleeping and in the morning i m all heavy headed.
does any one else knoe where to get hops tea at reasonable price
only vegetarian stuff please
oh here is the link
http://www.bodykind.com/product.asp?CatID=192&ProdID=1203
thanks for ur replies
shaz

Surf
(Login Surf.)
EVE MEMBERS
March 2 2007, 5:53 PM

I recently tried hops tea. WHEWWWWWWW - IT IS NASTY STUFF!!! YUCK! I tried it about 2 times and couldn't choke all of it down. I got it from my local health food store (they have a hugh selection of teas.
I then decided that I could empty out a gelatin capsule and put the hops that was in my tea bag into the empty capsule. I just poured the gelatin into a small cup and swallowed it with some water - yucky but tolerable. I have been doing that for a little bit and just receieved my hops capsules in the mail yesterday. I've added it to my routine. I just feel I need a change, as I've been doing basically the same thing for a year now. I also increased my fenugreek intake and have started getting pains under my arms (yahoo!). However, I unfortunatley did this at the same time so I don't know if the pains are due to the fenugreek or the hops or a combination. I really should have made 1 change and then waited until the following month to make the other change, but impatience won...

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney)
Hops and Depression
March 2 2007, 6:08 PM

I have some hops also. Yes what nasty stuff! It has a warning on it that if you are on antidepressants, or tend to be depressed, not to take it. Usually I take those warnings and leave them...but after one cup of the tea I feel the need to warn others that it is a warning to be heeded. I have depression, and the tea definately made me spiral downward. I guess it is one herb I will avoid!!!!
:-)

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
March 2 2007, 10:37 PM

I'd say hops is good, it's in WU. It has relaxing properties and I think that anti-stress drugs can be very helpful in a routine.

annie2
(Login annieboobs)
EVE MEMBERS
March 2 2007, 10:42 PM

hey shaz, i have the same sleeping problem, when i'm suppose to be sleeping i'm thinking. I was thinking about hops just for that reason but never got the chance to order it .

Can i get it at GNC or walmart.

jellyboobs
(Login jellyboobs)
EVE MEMBERS
March 2 2007, 10:43 PM

I took hops in my herb routine and think it gave me back growing pains love jelly...

sunshine
(no login)
March 3 2007, 12:12 AM

I've found that I get growing pains on hops as well, even when I'm on hops alone (i've been taking vitex, fennel, and barley grass as well, but have run out this past week, so I'm taking hops alone for now). Before I ever added hops, I was only taking vitex and fennel, I never felt growing pains before ! But I agree, I am awake now when I don't want to be.

Shaz
(Login Shazasim)
March 3 2007, 12:42 AM

so tea form of hops is reallllyyy yucky. but capsules are alright and may be a low dose would be fine foe us annie2 cause of that insomnia. a cap before bed would be perfect to dose off to that deep sleep. sorry i havent heard of GNC or walmart are they real shops or online. where are you from by the way. i m from uk and got all my stuff online apart from fenugreek.
powder of hops stroblie is to be used isnt it. correct me if i m wrong. can anyone suggest any potency to start with(i believe it should be the lowest i can find but how low).

shaz

dandelion
(Login dandelion1)
March 3 2007, 2:04 AM

from the reading that i've done about hops, the potency is equal to 0.2-20% of estradiol... but i dunno how to figure out which caps are more potent.
Jelly - what brand of hops did you use?

jellyboobs
(Login jellyboobs)
EVE MEMBERS
March 3 2007, 6:29 AM

well I buy the tea and grind it into a fine powder and put it in caps !!! its much cheaper that way love jelly....

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney)
Tea again..
March 3 2007, 2:53 PM

Ok, so I have the actual dry herb, flowers and all. Yesterday I made some tea with just a bit of hops and the rest Fennel...and it was very palatable...actually quite good, and didn't give me the depressive effect. So I guess i am ok with small doses!!!

Hops
March 10 2007 at 10:03 PM Anonymous (Login Kath1985)
What is hops and where can I get it? I'm in the UK...I'm on Perfect C, anyone have a suggestion of what I can add whithout it being way too much? I already take vit C 1000mg and fish oil+ antioxidants.
xx kat

Anonymous
(Login Teresina)
Re: Hops
March 10 2007, 10:22 PM

I've started to take 900mg per day and feel it may be helping, but it's too soon to be sure. I expect I'll need to take more as time passes.

It seems to make me sleep better.

Anonymous
(Login Mwiz89)
March 10 2007, 11:12 PM

Does Perfect Curves work for you?

Marissa

sophie9
(Login sophie9)
March 11 2007, 12:17 AM

I just read the info about Hops off the vortex site and it is really interesting. It seems to have a lot of great properties. Have you tried the vortex hops? It is pretty inexpensive. It is from across the Atlantic, but I don't know where you could find it in the U.S. I'm sure you could find it somewhere since hops grow here. Anyone know of a U.S. source? I always remember hearing how certain towns in Germany known for their beer brewing boasted their woman as having ample bosoms, which they attributed to drinking lots of beer. I always thought that seemed like a rural legend type story, but perhaps there was something to it afterall.

Penny
(no login)
March 11 2007, 8:42 AM

Perfect C is not the same thing as Perfect Curves. Perfect C has minimal ingredients and is just one of the common US brands being sold in the UK under a different name. It's nothing to do with Perfect Curves.

Debbie
(no login)
March 11 2007, 9:42 AM

Yes I've heard the story about beer brewing towns and their tradition of having busty women. I remain to be convinced!

Anonymous
(Login Teresina)
March 11 2007, 9:47 AM

Supposedly, German women are inclined to have bigger breasts because of genetics. I don't know how true that holds across the board but it makes some sense given other traits. I think that's more likely than the hops in the beer affecting them. Smile

Anonymous
(Login Kath1985)
March 11 2007, 3:26 PM

Thanks ladies, I'll try adding hops and well, some men do even get "breasts" from drinking a lot of beer but of course it's an all- over thing...I'm on Perfect CURVES , not Perfect C then, I didn't know there was a difference.
xx

Anonymous
(Login Mwiz89)
March 11 2007, 5:21 PM

ok lol so does it work? I'm going to order either perfect curves or boniful breast within the the month or so.

Marissa

Skyler
(Login skyler_s)
April 23 2007, 7:31 AM

I have friends in Germany who are adamant that the story about certain towns being traditionally known for having women with ample bosoms is quite serious.

Eve, Hops Question
March 14 2007 at 5:09 PM Ann5 (Login Ann5)
Hi Eve,
I know I bug you a lot with questions, but I need help with understanding dosaging of hops. I understand you took 1,800mg a day of it. And you also took it in tea form and for massage. Could you tell me if you noticed any bad side effects from it? I'm wondering because in Wonderup the dosage for hops is about 600mg per day. I want to start trying your program but want to make sure of the dosages first. Also, your fennel was lower than your fenugreek dosage. Is there any reason for that?

Eve M
(Login EveEM)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: Eve, Hops Question
March 14 2007, 8:23 PM

You can ask as many questions as you like (although I can't guarantee that I'll know all the answers).
The answer to your first question is no, I didn't notice any bad side effects from taking hops. In fact I didn't have any side effects at all, either from hops or anything else that I took. As for your question about fennel and fenugreek, I don't know of any reason why the amount of fennel should be equal to or higher than the amount of fenugreek, so I don't think there's any significance in the fact that it was lower.

Kate
(Login Teresina)
March 15 2007, 1:06 AM

Politely butting in if I may. Smile I'm now taking 880mg of hops a day and haven't had any side effects, either. Things seem to be going well with it. I think the doses in Wonderup are considered low. The brand of hops I bought recommends taking two 440mg capsules, so I think this is safe. I've even upped it to three capsules a day on a few occasions and still felt fine.

Hope this helps. Smile

Ann5
(Login Ann5)
March 15 2007, 3:29 AM

Thanks Eve. And thank you Teresina. My bottle says so too. 620mg 3 times per day is prescribed on the bottle. So I guess it wouldn't hurt to take it. I was just afraid that I'd be sleepy all day. And since Eve was taking hops in other ways I wanted to know if she got any side effects from it.

Eve M
(Login EveEM)
EVE MEMBERS
March 18 2007, 10:17 AM

No, I definitely didn't have any side effects from taking hops.
I agree with Kate that the amount of Hops in Wonderup is quite a modest amount and it shouldn't be considered as a guide to how much you can take. I'm not really sure if hops makes you sleepy anyway. I thought it had a calming effect on you and soothes the nervous system, which in turn aids sleep, rather than acting directly as a kind of sleeping pill.

Ann5
(Login Ann5)
March 19 2007, 7:09 PM

I see. Well I've been taking hops at around 1600mg a day, and after the third day I noticed that it was much easier for me to get into a deep sleep. So yes it's calming but it's not a sleeping pill. I'm very excited to see how things go this month.

Hops? Sleep?
November 2 2006 at 5:30 PM
Vivian Shih (Login BabeVi)
Hi ladies, I'm rather new to this place, though after skimming through almost the whole forum, I've decided I'm going to start my own program. But I've always been having horrible insomnia, sometimes it takes me one or two hours to fall asleep. Then after I went to a website called VitaNetOnline, I found that it says hops also have effects on resting more easily. Is it true, if so, should I take it at night?

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: Hops? Sleep?
November 2 2006, 5:53 PM

Yes it's true, that is a traditional use of hops.

michelle choi
(Login chelle_choi)
hi vivian
November 2 2006, 7:36 PM

Just to let you know a while back I was taking the hops right before bedtime myself, because I also have problems falling asleep at night. It helped me sleep a lot better and deeper, didn't take as long to get to sleep either. I'm like you some nights it can take me like an hour or so to fall asleep. I dropped it only because I later found out that it's also a phytoestrogen and I didn't know if it would interfere with my results since i'm taking bovine ovary. Good luck to you if you try it. Smile

michelle choi
(Login chelle_choi)
ALso.....sorry I forgot to add
November 2 2006, 7:38 PM

Also I believe Gaba is also supposed to help you sleep better, some have used that also in their routine to help with Growth Hormone at night when we sleep.

Vivian Shih
(Login BabeVi)
November 2 2006, 8:04 PM

Thanks, Molly and Michelle. I still have a few questions though. What does phytoestrogen do actually? And Since I saw previous entries of indicating bovine ovary does great on skinny Asian like I am, what/how should I go with? And this is the first time I hear Gaba, I'll definitely go research on it, more homework! LOL.

Thank you so much.... <3

jellyboobs
(Login jellyboobs)
EVE MEMBERS
hi vivian
November 2 2006, 9:29 PM

pleased to meet you , I wouldnt take the gaba ,unless youre over 30 at least !!!!! nbe people use it as a hormone growth stimulator reccomemded foe over 30's !!!!! body builders usually use it to help muscle growth kick in. as for other info please read all the topics on the main page before you ask too many questios as the girls have prepared that especially for girls starting up !!!!! also there is a thread called thread for newbies ! then fire away with those questions and we'll try and help love jellyDeeee....

Miss Monet
(Login friskyflirt)
November 2 2006, 9:43 PM

If you want a good sedative herb try Valerian. For a little over a week I just *WASN'T* falling asleep at night. I'd lie down and "rest" but I never *fell asleep*. However, after I took Valerian, 15 minutes after I hit my pillow I was OUT! haha It was awesome! Big Grin

Careful on the dosages though... I woke up the next day at noon (on a *school day*) and I missed my first two classes. Sad So whatever the dosage is (3 capsules an hour before bedtime) take half of that. I recommend that if you really have bad insomnia take 2 capsules, but if you just have trouble falling asleep then take 1 capsule.

Note: Valerian is strictly a sedative, it doesn't contain phytoestrogen. So if you want an herb that will help you with both sleep issues & NBE than perhaps you should give Hops a try.

Vivian Shih
(Login BabeVi)
Thanks
November 2 2006, 10:34 PM

thank you jellyboob and miss monet, after assembling your info and some other topics, i think i am going to add hops to my program, which will start right away when my shipment comes in. i'll definitely start a personal program page, and hopefully by keeping track of it, i'll see what's really happening to me. (something great of course!)

greatest boobie wishes to all~

yvonne
(Login yvonne03)
November 3 2006, 11:18 PM

i don't know what it is in my program...or even if it is from my program,but all i seem to want to do these days is sleep!

i used to have problems sleeping and something that was once recommended to me is melatonin. but i think that if hops will do the trick it is probably a good thing to try since it is used in NBE programs quite often anyways!

good luck!
yvonne

Vivian Shih
(Login BabeVi)
Thanks Yvonne
November 4 2006, 7:20 PM

Thank you dear Yvonne. I am only hoping that hops do help me falling asleep, and it's not harmful like some sleeping aid. Well, it's herb, and so many fine ladies here have had taking hops, and they turned out wonderful! lol.

boobie loves~ <3

Annie
(no login)
November 4 2006, 11:51 PM

So many here are taking hops, it's true. It's one of the best herbs for breast enhancement and nobody who's taken it ever has anything negative to say.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon